The Soapbox : Facebook Post - I cleaned out my stuff! (Ready to Move)

Facebook Post - I cleaned out my stuff! (Ready to Move)

https://www.facebook.com/christina.barrett.9849912/posts/271128674530297

I cleaned out my stuff! Got rid of 4 shelves. Took a few days a few hours maybe each day that went by rather quickly. I mainly kept my musical instruments, music books, German learning books, and some of my favorite classical CDs. I have 2 bins of regular necessities, 1 of things I access sometimes and 1 of things more to store like a few important documents. Clothes, I have like 20 black tank tops and 10 colored ones, like 15 black tights pants, like 8 or 9 nice blue jeans, some colored jean shorts, some T-shirts, some other pants and shirts that are okay, etc. I’m ready for an emergency, mainly want to save my $900 violin and the flute from my dad, the important music books, and the German learning books. My clothes are easy to get together. I don’t know how this can go. My therapist said I need to get out ASAP, and my aunts say to wait for news about veterans dependents benefits etc. At least, I am ready now, have to help with my brother to clean and take care of other things possibly. I feel free to do other things, possibly get a job? I’m living off a little money, SSI. The goal is I find a group home funded by things I’ve mentioned, mainly were all wondering about SSI. All the ones I’ve found were expensive, like $10K/month. The goal is to be independent out of there. Also, my dad said my aunts and younger brother are helping me make sure I find a place. So, I’m ready with my stuff gone through and purged! and I was gonna get some new shirts but figure it’s hot anyway and I have what I need and a nice sweater, too. If someone kicked me out the door, I could collect what I need, though I know that won’t happen!

34/f/US - Chinese-Indonesian, Anglo, German, Dutch, Irish, French - 5'3"
Blog

Re: Facebook Post - I cleaned out my stuff! (Ready to Move)

I think you must have accidentally posted the pictures you took BEFORE you cleaned up.

Seven deadly sins, where do I begin? So many choices, so little time.

Well! what you see is what you get. I mainly have music and German stuff. Also, I have several internet logs of passwords from 12 years posting online. …and clothes! Gotta have those!

Blog

Go clean your room. It's a disaster area and a legit fire hazard.

Seven deadly sins, where do I begin? So many choices, so little time.

It's almost spotless according to what I got rid of. I even swept it. I'm not sure what some of those notebooks are now, though.

Blog

Why dont you refuse to move, get frankfuters and tie them round you, make sure wires are seen and you holding a triger. Also helps if you pull a grumpy face to make it believable and have a hostage like a hamster or a family member.

I'd like to get a move on. I wonder though unsaid I will end up living on side of someone else's home.

Blog

Congrats Christina. There’s something to be said for minimalism. Knowing what I know today, I wouldn’t own ¾ of the stuff that I have now. There’s a certain freedom in knowing that if you had to, you could pack a few trunks and move on in a hurry.

Do you need to go to a group home? Couldn’t you just qualify for your own place? Section 8 housing; is that what it’s called?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Yea, it's neat. I got rid of my school yearbooks a long time ago. I recommend this. Plus, you don't need to own DVDs, anymore.

Well, I don't have a high paying job and may have trouble with a part time one, and I get SSI. I thought I could move to my own studio apartment and work part time. Also, I'm not allowed to make more than a certain amount on SSI, with the SSI I might have like a minimal funding. Section 8 housing sounds good. I was thinking I'd get veterans dependents benefits, as my dad got sick from the Marines, coupled with diabetes.

Blog

I got rid of my school yearbooks a long time ago

You might regret doing that someday; memories, and all that good stuff. Though I’m pretty sure that you can access most of the yearbooks in digital format at classmates.com

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I only regretted wanting to post other people online.

Blog

You have a lot of clothes!

Blog