James Spader : So Hot is he!

So Hot is he!

So much more adorable, sexy, gorgeous and hot now than ever! That is all.

Re: So Hot is he!

I have the entire Boston Legal series on DVD and am rewatching it every night. I think that Alan Shore was his best character. The banter between Spader and Shatner is priceless. It's the voice...omg....so sexy!

Are you James Spader? Be honest!

He has always been sexy...young or now. Wonderful actor, love watching him act!

He has always been sexy...young or now. Wonderful actor, love watching him act!

He's an incredibly charismatic, versatile, and fantastic actor but he has lost his looks. And as sad as that may be, it's ok, because he has his talent.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

You seem to equate aging with losing ones looks. Have you never seen an older good looking person in your life? Perhaps you make the common mistake of expecting a person's good looks to be 20 forever only. But what you don't realize is just as you wouldn't expect a good looking 5 year old to be the same as a 25 year old, you also shouldn't expect a 55 year old's good looks to be as that of a 25 or 5 year old.

It's sad that you think aging is equivalent to losing good looks or not being good looking. And even sadder that you've never witnessed the phenomenon of a good looking 50 or 70 year old.

Global Warming, it's a personal decision innit? - Nigel Tufnel

Post deleted

Well I found him good looking up to his 30s but wasn't able to carry those good looks in his 50s.

You know who I find to be a handsome or beautiful man from his 20s and to his 60s today? Pierce Brosnan.

I also find both Al Pacino and Robert De Niro good looking older gentlemen in their 70s.

Post deleted

Well he definitely wasn't rugged but when I said sad, I meant aesthetically. If you check my post, I also mentioned his talent which is why him losing his looks isn't the be all end all.

For a lot of people aesthetics has value and I was simply trying to put in perspective in comparison to the bigger picture, that as an actor as much as aesthetics are of value, talent still takes precedence.

Post deleted

You think actors are superior beings? That is sad indeed if you think that I'm afraid.

And what makes you think he isn't sad about it? There are plenty of once good looking people who are affected when their looks go, just look at the balding men board to check. You don't know, I don't know, pretending that you do is foolish.

Perhaps you're projecting, many non-actors are commented on for losing their looks, and yes, some may find that sad. But perhaps YOU only find it sad for actors specifically.

Third, whether you like to pretend in this naive ignorant Hello Kitty phase or not, looks are advantageous to actors. You can see the ratio in the attractive actors/once attractive actors success/breakthrough vs the non-attractive actors success breakthrough.

As to the last question, yes of course, most people feel the same. You find someone attractive, you have a crush, they lose their looks, you find it sad that that's gone. And if you think that looks don't matter or don't catch anyone's eye, then you're delusional for it. The Human Race has depended much on sexual selection, pretending it doesn't exist or has no value is complete ignorance.

I no longer have a crush on Spader, but that's ok, because he has talent. And yes, my crush for him has disappeared because he has lost his looks, fact, I'm not pretending otherwise to pacify you. Because it is a crush, not the love of my life.

Post deleted

Post deleted

I almost totally agree with your assessment. Perhaps it is because I am slightly older than James, but I still find him to be very attractive. As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

To some it might be sad, but I really don't think it bothers him all that much. He was the one who decided to shave his hair down and show his balding to the world.

He isn't cute anymore.

Cute is for babies and those under thirty. I'll take sexy and charismatic for men in their fifties.

He's always been sexy.

emi