Documentary : What are your favourite documentaries?

What are your favourite documentaries?

Main ones I can think of:

American Murder
Tiger King
The Jinx
The Imposter
The Last Dance
Making a Murderer (only seen s1)
Exit Through the Gift Shop
Louis Theroux’s series
Planet Earth, Blue Earth etc
Take us Home
Andy Murray: Resurfacing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG2_MYdTS4

Re: What are your favourite documentaries?

Cheer on Netflix.

I have absolutely no interest in competitive cheer-leading at all and didn't expect to even finish the first episode, but once I started I was hooked and I've re-watched it several times.

Those kids are amazing athletes and I can't believe how dangerous a sport it is (competitive cheer-leading is the number one cause of catastrophic injuries to female athletes).

Shoah
Baraka
Counting
13 Lakes
Cinemania
Sans soleil
A Letter to True
Burden of Dreams
Encounters at the End of the World
We Spin Around the Night Consumed by the Fire

The Civil War & The War & The Vietnam War (Ken Burns)

also love the BBC nature documentary series Panet Earth, Deep Blue etc

Gaiety is the most outstanding feature of the Soviet Union. 👉the unbelievable truth👈

Documentary series aside:

My Best Fiend
Grizzly Man
You're Gonna Miss Me
Avil! The Story of Anvil
Air Guitar Nation
The King of Kong
Sharkwater
The Friedmans
Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey
Haunters: The Art of the Scare
Spellbound

….and more that I can't be arsed to post just yet.

i actually have seen only the first two on ur list and My Best Fiend is fascinating and hilarious, or rather it was a hilarious film for me. i just cannot chuckle about Kinski's antics anymore. i can hardly watch him in anything at all. he disgusts me to the point that i feel physically sick watching him for longer time and i hate that but i cannot help it. Herzog gets my all respect tho. he is one of the greatest filmmakers of all time and especially for documentaries. i also love his voice and tone of voice and manner of speaking. it's just really soothing and dreamy. My Best Fiend still gets 10/10 from me, for Herzog. it's not his fault Kinski was such a despicable piece of rotten ass.

Grizzly Man was good, too, but there are better and more informative documentary films about the lives of grizzly bears in Alaska. i didnt really care about this man myself even tho it was tragic what happened. 8/10 from me.

i don't watch a lot of documentaries tbh. i need to change that… but i always say that so w/e

Gaiety is the most outstanding feature of the Soviet Union. 👉the unbelievable truth👈

How come this kinski is making you physically ill?

i don't want to talk a lot about this case, bc i have too much in the past, i'm sorry, so here's just a link. it's concerning his oldest daughter, Pola. his younger daughter, Nastassja, broke with him too bc of that

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/10/klaus-kinski-rape-claims-daughter

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-20971857

https://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/sexual-abuse-revelations-change-our-view-of-klaus-kinski-a-877039.html

Oh gawd, sorry! I had no idea he was such a monster!

yeah.

I didn't know that. Uuugh. I thought he was just absolutely stark, raving mad. I read his book and he stated in there he fiddled with his own sister. That was pretty gross.

Still, that's a very good documentary.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Waste land
The wolf pack
Crip camp
Autism: the musical
Pied piper of hutzovina
Killer legends and cropsey
The American scream

Autism: the musical
LOL isn’t that what this place is?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG2_MYdTS4

Lol our documentary would be something like 'Trolls on ice' but it wouldn't be us ice skaing. Just dead in nimda's freezer

Hahaha! Hilarious avatar!!

Lol thanks!

havent seen anything from ur list

Man, i feel like you'd love those. Most on the list are uplifting, you know I'm about positive vibes lol. I think a few are on netflix! Crip camp is, that was really good and inspirational

I'm sick and bored so I'm going into detail, sorry lol

Waste land -this one is about an artist who focuses on the life of garbage workers in brazil. I loved it because even though it's overall message was about how much people waste, they kept people the focus and it was really inspiring. Like, we can do it if we work together. There's and old man quote from the movie, about 99 not being 100 because every number counts

The wolf pack- this is about a family of with 9 kids (i think, maybe it was 10) and the kids are from about 8 to 17 but they had never left their apartment. Their parents had moved to ny to make money so they could homestead but they never made enough so instead of settling they sheltered their kids away, telling themselves that the kids would live the right way once they moved. The kids obsess over films because it's their only outlet to the outside world. And they will remake movies, especially quinten Tarantino, with costumes and everything. But it's happy because they rebel and leave. And it hits home to me because i hate the city and i always used to think "well, I'll start this or that when i move somewhere else" but now i think of those people and I'm like "do it, bitch!"

Crip camp- i talked about this one on twd a bit. It's about the 60s disability revolution. It's so touching, especially seeing all the different people coming together and fighting for what's right.

Autism: the musical -encouraging autistic kids to do a musical lol. I liked it because it was inspiring to see these kids work so hard on stuff i take for granted. But it really captured all the hardships and didn't make it just seem cute or easy

Pied piper of hutzovina- this is a documentary about Eugene hutz from gogol bordello and him going back to his gypsy roots. Its hilarious and halfway through he ditches the camera crew and producers and they're all pissed but they find him again lol

Killer legends and cropsey- killer legends is a fun documentary because it looks at spooky urban legends and tries to find what true stories they were based off of

Cropsey is done by the same guy but it's all about this abandoned mental hospital from his hometown and a murder but is really good. Perfect for Halloween

The American scream- this one is so cute because it's about people in this town in Massachusetts who are obsessed with Halloween and make their own free haunted houses for the neighborhood. It makes me think of my dad because he goes all out year.

ohhh thank u i'll save this and read it when i'm feeling less ….

Of course!

The Act of Killing
Shoah
Man on Wire
Phantom India
Adam Curtis stuff
Koyaanisqatsi
Powaqqatsi
Samsara
Baraka
Roger & Me

Koyaanisqatsi
Powaqqatsi

both 10/10 (i just didnt include them on my list, to keep it short)

Man on Wire 8/10 … and that's that.

Anything that Ken Burns has ever created.

Two of my faves are The Civil War and The Vietnam War

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Ken Burns is a great documentary director and creator. i loved those, too. they were so interesting and informative and educative, i really learned so much from them. i havent heard much about the Civil War before, and Ken Burns made me a historical expert now of that time, era and place.

have u seen The War, too? probably, but it was interesting to see the war from such a personal American perspective, which i havent had before, being German. Ken Burns is one of the best, yes.

🙂👍

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Anything that Ken Burns has ever created.

Have you seen The Central Park Five?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

That was such a good one.
You always learn so much from his documentaries. He does the research and lays it all out in an entertaining way.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Agreed!

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Grey Gardens and its parody, Sandy Passage

Yasssss can't believe i forgot grey gardens. The parody was pure art

Grey Gardens didn't really need a parody. I watched some of Sandy Passage and couldn't tell if it was a parody or a recreation.

Post deleted

Another Sophie sock 😂

thats not me. i like this parody account tho lol

😂😂

oh look they deleted their posts.

btw it was Snow.

Post deleted

The Story Of Project Error And His Imaginary Stars On Ice Daughter

The 7 Up series
The Fog of War
The Burden of Dreams
Supersize Me
Ken Burns' Jazz series