Kirstie Alley : got started really late; at 36 when she started being famous

got started really late; at 36 when she started being famous

can't believe she was 36 when she stared on cheers in 1987.

lukejbarnett

Re: got started really late; at 36 when she started being famous

I liked her much better than Shelley Long.

it's a different chemistry that is being made to the viewers. they have completely different characters, personalities. they feel different to the viewers.

they did a great job in replacing shelley's long's character. maybe the best replacement in tv show history even. and they did it 2 times bc woody was just as great as coach if not better.

lukejbarnett

I wonder if they'd cast a woman that age in the same role now. Kaya scodelario said she turned down quite a few roles because they wanted her to play the love interest to older men. Seems a young gal's game

who is kaya scodelario? i don't understand your point? is your point that more 20s actresses do this kind of role than 30s actresses nowadays? or is your point that 30s actresses don't get offered these roles as much as 20s actresses nowadays?

lukejbarnett

She was on skins, one of the pirates of the Caribbean movies, the newer ted bundy movie, and some other stuff

I was just saying that it doesn't seem like older women get casted as the main love interest in sitcoms anymore -i don't really watch a lot of tv but all the shows i can think of that star women over 35 are dramas, horror, or dark comedies.

I only brought up what scodelario said about being uncomfortable playing a love interest to men older than her because i thought it was relevant -older women aren't getting those roles.

you would think they would be ok with it bc they are older at 35. also, i find it hard to believe that kaya is 35 bc in that pic you put on here she doesn't look ay older than 25.

lukejbarnett

She's 28, not 35.

then why did bee say she's an older woman?

lukejbarnett

I didn't say she was an older woman. I brought her up because her pov is relevant. She thinks she's too young to play a love interest to older men. Those roles could be going to older actresses but mainstream Hollywood seems to favor younger actresses

but you said older women aren't getting roles on sitcoms as the love interest of older than them men and then you clarified that older actress is 35 and young actress is 25.

then you mentioned this actress as being relevant about her not wanting to be in this role. so that also implies that she is an older actress. otherwise how would she be relevant to this discussion? are there other actresses who have said they have a problem with this also?

her issue and subject is a separate issue than the issue of 35 year old actresses playing love interests to older men bc she hasn't done this.

lukejbarnett

No, i meant that younger actresses notice this trend and are uncomfortable by it. That's why it's relevant.

PHWOAR!!!

Check the daughter out

Any photos, buna !?

I wish to see fotoz also, buna
😜

She was fine as hell back in the 80’s hana

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!