Politics : Kellyanne Conway has tested positive for Covid-19

Kellyanne Conway has tested positive for Covid-19

Former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Friday night that she has tested positive for coronavirus, the latest major political figure to say they have Covid-19 after attending a Rose Garden event last Saturday where President Donald Trump announced his Supreme Court pick.

"Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I'm feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians," Conway tweeted. "As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic."

Conway is now the sixth person who attended the event last week, where masks and social distancing were rare, known to have subsequently tested positive. President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump, top Trump aide Hope Hicks, Republican Utah Sen. Mike Lee, Republican North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis and University of Notre Dame President the Rev. John Jenkins are all confirmed to be positive for Covid-19.

Many of the guests for Trump's announcement that he was nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett arrived at the event with masks on, but as the Rose Garden event got underway, masks were virtually nonexistent.

Some of the Trump administration's top health officials, as well as other attendees, were seen not wearing masks or social distancing at the highest-profile event at the White House since the Republican National Convention in August.

Seats for guests in the White House Rose Garden also did not appear spaced apart the recommended six feet, CNN reporters observed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/kellyanne-conway-positive-for-covid-19/index.html

This is CNN.

Re: Kellyanne Conway has tested positive for Covid-19

It is looking increasingly possible that Saturday’s White House ceremony in which president Donald Trump named his nominee for the vacancy on the Supreme Court may have been a coronavirus superspreader event.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/scotus-nomination-coronavirus-superspreader-white-house-senator-mike-lee-b749466.html

This is CNN.

I hope her daughter is okay.

🐵 Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey🌴

Conway, 53, said that previous tests she had taken were all negative.

Her 15-year-old daughter Claudia began to speculate that the former White House adviser may have been infected in a string of videos posted to TikTok on Friday evening.

'My mom coughing all around the house after Trump tested positive for COVID,' she wrote on the first video as she lip-synced the lines 'that's weird, that's suspicious'.

'When my lungs hurt and it's hard for me to breathe,' she wrote on the next, revealing that she was also experiencing coronavirus symptoms.

She later posted a singing video before returning to Trump and his positive coronavirus test.

'I don't wish ill on anybody but … the irony,' she said.

'I hope the Lysol cures him,' Claudia added as she played a line from Tuesday's debate in which Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden tells Trump 'you're the worst president America has ever had'.

She captioned her first TikTok video on Friday night, “Bye, I’m done. I’ll see you all in two weeks,” referencing a timeframe that mirrors the CDC’s recommended quarantine period.

In a second video post on Friday night, Conway’s daughter wrote, “I’m furious. Wear your masks. Don’t listen to our idiot f***ing president piece of s***. Protect yourselves and those around you.”

In a third video, Conway captioned the post by writing, “All for the stupid Amy Coney Barrett thing.” She posted text over the clip that reads, “My mom two weeks ago: It’ll be fine. Masks are stupid.” Then it cuts to another clip that reads, “Infects the whole family.”

This is CNN.

Lol. I'm psychic. But that girl needs to seriously STFU. Love or hate Kelyanne Conway, she doesn't need her own brat trying to undermine her. If that was my daughter I'd boot her out onto the street.

🐵 Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey🌴

Do you NOT think it's under control?

Bill Stepien, President Trump's campaign manager, tests positive for coronavirus

Donald Trump’s campaign manager has tested positive for Covid-19, dealing another blow to his reelection effort on a day that saw the president and the head of the Republican National Committee report contracting the disease as well.

Bill Stepien received his diagnosis Friday evening and was experiencing what one senior campaign official described as “mild flu-like symptoms.” People familiar with the situation said the 42-year-old Stepien plans to quarantine until he recovers.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/trump-campaign-manager-tests-positive-for-covid-19-425722

This is CNN.

Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, has tested positive for coronavirus, an RNC spokeman announced Friday.

"After a member of her family tested positive for COVID-19, the Chairwoman was tested for the virus. On Wednesday afternoon, she got confirmation she was COVID-19 positive. She has been at her home in Michigan since last Saturday," RNC spokesman Mike Reed said in a statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/ronna-mcdaniel-coronavirus/index.html

This is CNN.