Politics : Two GOP senators on judiciary panel test positive for Covid-19

Two GOP senators on judiciary panel test positive for Covid-19

Two Republican senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee announced Friday that they had tested positive for Covid-19, just days after attending a White House event where President Donald Trump nominated Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.

Sen. Mike Lee, a Utah Republican, and Sen. Thom Tillis, a North Carolina Republican, both attended Saturday's event at the White House. Multiple attendees from that event, including President Donald Trump, have tested positive in the week since the ceremony, which featured many people not wearing masks and not observing proper social distancing protocols.

Both Lee and Tillis met in person with Barrett earlier this week.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/mike-lee-tests-positive-covid/index.html

This is CNN.

Re: Two GOP senators on judiciary panel test positive for Covid-19

University of Notre Dame President Rev. John I Jenkins has tested positive for COVID-19.

Jenkins had been in self-isolation after he went to the White House for Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court nomination, but did not wear a mask or maintain social distancing.

Jenkins issued an apology for not wearing a mask and self-isolated upon his return.

On Friday, the university released a statement about the positive test result.

This week, Jenkins learned a colleague he has been in regular contact with tested positive for COVID-19.

Father Jenkins was tested and found to be positive too.

"My symptoms are mild and I will continue work from home. The positive test is a good reminder for me and perhaps for all of how vigilant we need to be," Jenkins said in a statement.

Video of Father Jenkins shaking hands at the event:

This is CNN.

Re: Two GOP senators on judiciary panel test positive for Covid-19

Oh fuck yes!