Music General : People need to leave Kanye alone and/or stop dismissing him.

People need to leave Kanye alone and/or stop dismissing him.

He's going off on twitter making totally valid points about how the music industry screws artists, especially black artists by pee-ing on his Grammy award, spamming his contracts etc… and as usual his eccentric, non-neurotypical antics will be used to dismiss his points and I guess that can't be helped when you end some on point criticisms of the establishment with I AM THE NEW MOSES.. but people could be a bit more mature and see that just cos someone is "crazy" it doesn't mean they're not right about things and don't have valid stuff to contribute.

I was never a big stan for him until recently when i gained sympathy and wished to fight his corner about how he is misrepresented and dismissed. I'm not going to go outside my lane and tell black people how they should feel or that they shouldn't be angry about his comments on Harriet Tubman or slavery though i "got his points" - poorly phrased as they were that capitalism under overwhelming white ownership isn't as big a step up as the establishment might tell you.

Also his views on abortion are exactly mine. 100% pro-choice but that quasi-eugenic pressure is put on certain "undesirable" communities to abort in a way that is very anti-choice. I know this for a fact from disability activism. Kayne wants to help people financially so they have a true choice on the matter of if they wish to have a baby.

In a non swing state I would vote for him as pres (or write him in) to show support though obviously I worry about how the process could affect his mental health- but he's a lot more human to me than Biden or Trump.

Re: People need to leave Kanye alone and/or stop dismissing him.

ALSO liberals can leave Susan Sarandon tfa please.

It doesn't help the cause of denying that establishment DNC "woke" liberalism pushed by the media and Hollywood class is a competing and symbiotic cult with Trumpian conservatism (even a less harmful cult is still a cult) when you attack people so harshly for daring to hint at diverting slightly from the party line.

Look.. in a swing state i'd hold my nose and vote against Trump for harm reduction - just don't expect us leftists to be HAPPY about it or not to ask questions- jeez.

I just wish people would separate their opinions on his public persona from opinions on the quality of his music and impact on the industry going back to his first album. Whether people want to retroactively dismiss that success or not , Kanye has multiple classic albums and his influence on production styles , fashion , video concepts and album art make him legendary in Hip hop.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Indeed- and i don't see why it would be hard to "separate the art from the artist" with him- it's not like he's done or allegedly done anything even a universe close to say… Michael Jackson.

I don't think it is incorrect to say he's a genius in artistic terms.

Even when he's obviously rude/obnoxious or wrong headed I never get the sense he has malice or bad intentions behind it. At worst he's "cringe"

Yeah, I am now getting sick of Kanye West. That nigga is a multi billionaire. I am not trying to hear nor read his whining anymore.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI
β–² Top