Pets and Animals : Boycott Wool

Boycott Wool

The shearers abuse and kill the sheep when they're shearing their wool

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Re: Boycott Wool

Hadn’t heard of this. Where is this taking place?

Everywhere. These videos are hard to watch

https://investigations.peta.org/wool-expose-australia/?fbclid=IwAR3-PvG2EUCzzxHOM2G4rxWVhyuRiE3BzdtanIIqHUWnoNYLLsUZGIZb0Q4

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Fuckin scumbags. Anyone who hurts an animal should die a thousand deaths.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Like we are Dork.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

?

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

I agree

Everywhere. These videos are hard to watch

https://investigations.peta.org/wool-expose-australia/?fbclid=IwAR3-PvG2EUCzzxHOM2G4rxWVhyuRiE3BzdtanIIqHUWnoNYLLsUZGIZb0Q4

Shearers still beat and jabbed gentle, docile sheep with sharp metal clippers and in the eyes, causing them to panic. They still punched them, slammed their heads into the hard wooden floor, stomped and stood on their necks, and hurled them out of the sheds.

I didn't watch their videos. The pictures and descriptions like this are enough to ruin your day.

Sell 30 April 142s!

It's awful, I hate those bastards

I'm sickened by that information. I don't think we treat our sheep like that in New Zealand, but I'll never buy wool again.

I hate it so much. So unnecessary

Except for the sodomy.

Trump/Pence 2020 Lets go for the win Bros!

You're saying it's baaaaaaad?

Woooly baaaad. :( Seriously sick.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance! Nobody fucking cares.

Out of darkness, out of mind, cast down into the Halls of the Blind. burp.

You're a moron

This is just you being butt hurt that I called out your idiot thread.

Out of darkness, out of mind, cast down into the Halls of the Blind. burp.

I want sheep. I have a fixated obsession with the term "herd of sheep."

☂️ "Don't go chasing waterfalls." -"The Umbrella Academy"

Wool textiles can be one of the most humane and respectful industries to animals if the sheep are sheared properly. Wool regrows. It is foolhardy for the shearers to hurt and kill the sheep. PETA is over reacting and would just as soon have those sheep euthanized.

Because there are a few negligent shearers, this does not mean the whole industry should be boycotted.

This is very alarmist nonsense.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Too many are being hurt and tortured and the same happens to cows. The men are barbaric

I doubt it's the industry standard to maim and kill the sheep. The sheep regrow the wool. They are sheared annually. It would just be counterproductive for sheep owners to abuse their own assets like that.

I think that is an alarmist video from PETA and does not reflect most sheep shearers, just a few idiots who would be fired if the ranchers knew what they were doing.

I GameBoy - H. superior

I doubt it's the industry standard to maim and kill the sheep. The sheep regrow the wool. They are sheared annually. It would just be counterproductive for sheep owners to abuse their own assets like that.

My thoughts exactly. I think they took a few extreme cases and ran with it. Synthetics have mostly replaced wool these days anyways, but I still like wool.

I have a couple of Hudson Bay 4 point wool blankets. They’re still being produced by the same company since the 1600’s, and also under licensing by Woolrich in the US. These are the same blankets that the early Rocky Mountain explorers, and fur trappers used, as well as the British North America colonists (Canada). Don’t think you can touch one of these babies for less than $500 these days!

👍 Synthetics never feel like the real thing. I have a wool sweater I love, and no PETA lunatic better ever throw blood on it over this fake news!

I GameBoy - H. superior

I don't like wool, it's itchy

I wear wool undershorts and it itches my balls.

I GameBoy - H. superior

*Snort*

you need a wooden scratcher. i use on on my balls

Even one is too many. We can't be sure what these bastards do. It seems the men who work with animals like this are cruel

Because there are a few negligent shearers, this does not mean the whole industry should be boycotted.

I agree. Those workers just got busted killing sheep.
This is very alarmist nonsense.
Yeah why is Nettie being like this?

🐵🐒🦍🦧

Absolutely terrible. Poor animals. I have to wonder if it's at all similar at this point, considering the brutality enacted regularly, to what slaughterhouse workers go through mentally:

"The psychological toll this takes on a person cannot be underestimated. Slaughterhouse work has been linked to a variety of disorders, including PTSD and the lesser-known PITS (perpetration-induced traumatic stress). It has also been connected to an increase in crime rates, including higher incidents of domestic abuse, as well as alcohol and drug abuse." (https://metro.co.uk/2017/12/31/how-killing-animals-everyday-leaves-slaughterhouse-workers-traumatised-7175087/)

Repeated inhumane acts create inhumane people.

Then the renewed earth would reclaim city and town, leaving only Ghost Dancers and those who lived by nature’s laws.

Those are not pics from a slaughterhouse. Fake news.

I worked in textiles. The industry does not get wool from a slaughterhouse. Sheep are sheared annually. After the wool is cut, the sheep will have a full coat by next season. Wise businessman take care of their sheep.

I guarantee you, 99% of the industry is not maiming and killing their livestock. For all we know this was staged by PETA.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Yeah right! You're going to be attacked for wearing wool.
🙄🙄

You're always causing trouble.

Probably not, I'm not wearing furs to fashion shows. It was a joke about idiots who throw buckets of blood on ladies wearing fur.

You gotsta

I didn't say the pictures/videos in Nettie's article were from a slaughterhouse, you silly sausage. I wondered merely if the mental state of the workers working in this particular place was similar to that of those who work in slaughterhouses. Normalised brutality in a workplace doesn't sit well with the human psyche.

Then the renewed earth would reclaim city and town, leaving only Ghost Dancers and those who lived by nature’s laws.

Oh well. But as for these so-called "sheep shearers", what they're doing would be like guys who work at an auto dealership purposely crashing and smashing the cars. I wonder how those jackasses explain the dead sheep, ruined inventory, to their boss?

I GameBoy - H. superior

Well said, PC. As usual, you are the voice of reason.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

I've seen footage of cattle getting stabbed with pitchforks. Having their tails cut off. There was an investigating where this man got in trouble for being cruel. He was punching calves in the face and being rough with the cows

Of course it wasn't staged. I've seen this before, they're in such a hurry that they hurt them and they're obviously too rough and violent

It’s good for the sheep's to be shaven annually, like cats. Of course I hope it’s done in a humanly way 🙂

My grandfather owned a farm in Colorado. He owned sheep and cattle. He treated his livestock with respect. And he would have beat the crap out of any farmhand who treated his livelihood like that.

I GameBoy - H. superior

That's how it should be. Hurting animals that are defenseless is a cowardly and disgusting thing to do

That's why I'm saying that is not standard practice. The sheep are shorn once a year. No knowledgeable farm worker would treat livestock like that. And no rancher is gonna let ignorant workers kill his livestock because they don't know what the hell they're doing.

I GameBoy - H. superior

You say lots about everything!

Common sense. Don't destroy your own inventory.

I GameBoy - H. superior

I couldn't watch the videos. Why do they do this? Wouldn't it be better to let the sheep be happy and healthy so they can be sheared again?

Me either, I watched one and that was enough. They're just cruel assholes

Abuse them… sexually?!

I'm cumming.