Politics : Prince Harry says that social media perpetuates hate culture

Prince Harry says that social media perpetuates hate culture

He's right. I noticed it a long time ago on Facebook during 2012. It started with the comments on popular morning tv series. It's gotten worse throughout the years, and now here we are. I blame Facebook. I wish Facebook would get shut down.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Re: Prince Harry says that social media perpetuates hate culture

Bump because it's relevant on the board right now. Game boy and his friends are posting.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

They can be a breeding ground for hate. In the past decade online extremist communities have taken off. A number of mass shootings had their origins there.

The platform isn’t the problem, it’s the people misusing the platform.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

I don’t think sites like FaceBook should be shut down but they should be regulated. People are already complaining about being thrown off for β€œhate speech” so it’s not like it’s being ignored.

But what about Facebook trying to influence the US election? Remember when they were discriminating against their members who were registered republicans and anyone else that had a conservative opinion.
And remember when Mark Zuckerberg didn't protect our privacy and was judged by the Supreme Court about that?
Facebook needs to go.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Regulate FaceBook if it’s causing problems. Social media has it’s good side along with it’s bad but people focus more on the bad. I don’t understand why a self-proclaimed genius like Trump can’t set up his own version of FaceBook and Twitter but I suppose we need more golf clubs and hotels.

Nah..just stop using it. I barely use it as it is anymore because Mark Zuckerberg hasn't changed his evil ways. He's still doing the same stuff that he always does. Eventually his power trip is going to be his undoing. Mark my words.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

If used properly it’s a good social tool. I found out that turning off the email notifications made it a lot more pleasant and it’s nice to see pictures from family in Australia and find out that old friends are still alive.

If used properly it’s a good social tool.

Marketing is what got Mark Zuckerberg into the mess he's currently in, and the reasons he's violated our privacy and allowed foreign governments to influence the US presidential elections! He's a power hungry little tyrant who has no respect for the privacy of the users of his site!

It's been established repeatedly even from The Supreme Court. He's still doing the same things. One the one hand he condemns those actions from member on his site, then on the other hand he continues to use policies that violating our privacy to marketers and God only knows who else? Do you have any idea the massive number of Facebook accounts are stolen every year??

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Stammerhead changed his name and profile photo. I wonder why?

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

He didn't have to. It's not like I hated the guy or anything. He was just a minor nuisance to me.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

What's his new name?

Lol…lol. Seriously? You want me to write it down?

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Yeah. That's why I asked the question. Duh.

Oh. I thought you noticed the change within thread topic. He changed his username to None. It's in the thread. Scroll upward.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

What makes you think None is SH?

Because he was who I was chatting with yesterday. He was on my case as usual. I guess he thinks he's a moderator or something. He got triggered about something I'd written and we started bickering. I tried being nice to him.

After I mentioned the photo he shared of himself with me on the open board several months ago, he started behaving nervously. Now today, I see that he changed his identity. His name and avatar. Leopold does that to me too. So, you know? It's like unsurprising until you got involved as a bystander and it forced me to go into this story.

The entire situation could be a scene in a movie. Speaking of which. I promised you that I would watch that movie you so enthusiastically recommended. I'll get to it, okay?

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Okay.

I found out that turning off the email notifications made it a lot more pleasant and it’s nice to see pictures from family in Australia and find out that old friends are still alive.

Oh please. Stop trying to be a marketer. You don't know what you're doing and it looks stupid.

First of all, you don't need Facebook anymore. Facebook is an antiquated social media platform now. It's basically used by stalkers now. I won't even upload a photo of myself on Facebook anymore.

There are dozens of applications that can be downloaded to smart phones so that you can keep in touch with whoever you want from all over the globe. You can video chat, send photos, store photos, you can blog/vlog, you can make a YouTube channel for them to look at. I can go down right down the line listing all the features of Facebook that other companies compete better than Facebook.
I would rather take my chances with them than with Facebook. Seriously. At least I have choices and they will compete with Facebook for users so we do have some control. Mark doesn't give a fuck about our privacy rights on Facebook, because he thinks his Facebook dominates the social media market, and he thinks we're all stupider than him.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Stop acting like a paranoid propaganda salesman. Of course there are other options but we’d all have to use the same one to make it work and then people would start whining about that one. If you don’t want to be on FaceBook do what millions of other people do and stay off it and spend more time spreading love and joy on message boards.

You're an idiot; a complete idiot and I am tired of guys like you dominating society. It's time for your stinking thinking to die off. You no longer represent the majority of social conscience anymore. This is social Darwinism and you're on your way out.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Yes, us FaceBook users gonna die from an overdose of cat videos and food photos.

You're an idiot. Nobody has time for it anymore. The world has already changed. Folks like you are being weeded out of the new herd. People are tired of hearing you thinking they are paranoid and you being stuck in your old ways.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Hate Speech Alert!!
Hate Speech Alert!!
@Prince Harry

Go get your serviced! Your car is probably due for inspection, and a tune-up, an oil change, new tires because you've been out joy riding all over the place with your electric automobile.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

He doesn't drive or have a car, darling.

I do need an oil change though.

Your engine is misfiring, too.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

That’s just heartburn and trapped wind.

That’s just heartburn and trapped wind.

Oh I could tell when I saw your photo that you shared with me. Are you going to be okay, Stammerman? Also, go get your automobile serviced.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

What photo did I share with you?

dude…

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Come on, you have to do better than this if you want to successfully troll me.

I wasn't trolling you. You're always trolling me and you support other member to troll me. I'm just saying that since you brought up your health issues in a topic about something else, I agreed that in your photo you shared, you looked sick.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

So you still think I shared a photo with you? I have posted my picture on here a few times but you appear to think I was sharing it with you. That’s like me saying The Queen spoke to me after she did one of her Christmas broadcasts.

When you shared with the board, yeah. If you didn't want to do that for me, share on Facebook. You like Facebook remember? Lol…yeah.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Oh you love me again? Yesterday you hated me.

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

The correct phrase there would be "Yes, we…."

He’s 100% right. It’s poison.

No argument from me. Social media is heralding in the last days of humanity.

So I shouldn't buy any long term bonds, bro?

Nobody cares what that Limey says, sista.

Of course they do. Lol

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

Well I don't, sista.

Why? You still clinging to Filmboards virtual version of the wild wild west even though you're always playing it safe, never crossing the boundaries or breaking the rules.

I've been banned like a dozen times. I'm the bad girl cowgirl. What is your role supposed to be?

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§

πŸ΅πŸ’πŸ¦πŸ¦§
β–² Top