Romance : NEW Dirty Dancing movie confirmed!

NEW Dirty Dancing movie confirmed!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/08/dirty-dancing-movie-jennifer-grey-confirmed-jonathan-levine-1203006586/amp/

Please don’t ruin Dirty Dancing , Hollywood🤞.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Re: NEW Dirty Dancing movie confirmed!

34/f/Orlando | Irish-American
christinabarrett.com

Not interested. I have Dancing With the Stars to refer to for my enjoyment.

🌓☄🌊🌠🌌🪐🌞

The last Dirty Dancing re-make was a complete disaster! Don't do it Jennifer!

What's the plot going to be? Is Baby going to be a middle aged woman in the 90s, falling for a younger dancing protege or something?

Who knows, but whatever it is, it won't be good.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Too bad it's going to be 2 trannies as the main stars.

I just hope that when the world ends, I can fart a sigh of relief.

Would still be less gay than the original.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Please don’t ruin Dirty Dancing , Hollywood🤞.

Please, please don't do it! Is nothing sacred?

Of course, they will probably do a bad job at it.

They should really cultivate some better young actresses or "child actresses" in case someone wants a movie of The Wizard of Oz again. I've been wary of this one for a long time. We must do something. My town did The Wizard of Oz, and I auditioned, but they chose a loud girl from a suck up town who travelled all that way to make a difference, so-to-speak. I was most jealous of the Jitterbugs. I even pulled out of a musical just so I could go to ballet more.

christinabarrett.com

The dancing in the original movie certainly helps to to make it as popular as it is. The soundtrack is amazing too. It would take a miracle to equal the sheer mystique of that film.

I did gymnastics classes but didn't want to compete. I did ballet when I could. I was able to start ballet again when we moved at age 12. They did Dirty Dancing that year, a modern dance studio where I just took ballet.

Yes, I keep hearing songs like that, maybe today at the grocery store getting hamburgers we just ate, the song "I've Had the Time of My Life." I know others, too.

Even if they wrote a new movie with dancing in it, it might not match it. I've seen things like High School Musical, which also have singing with dancers and sometimes someone who can flip like a cheerleader. The dance scenes weren't frequent without the singing.

christinabarrett.com

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Ah come on, didn't the last two remakes make the point…? -.-

Edit: Sorry, my bad, it's more like a sequel it seems. Still a bad idea.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Dirty Dancing is such a classic? All my friends love it, but I'm just not getting it. Sure the dancing and music is good, but the actual screenplay, feels like nothing more than the kind of mediocre romance movie that is made for TV, unless I am missing something?

Nah, it's really not a movie for everyone. Its just a cute feel-good movie that makes me smile. However, the plot is nothing out of this world. The music is very good and I like the dancing scenes, so it sure helps. But no, I wouldn't say that you "missed something", it simply doesn't work for you.

There's something about it that makes it more than just a cheesy, musical romance. I generally detest chick flicks, but DD has me under its spell, and I'm not really sure why that is. There's a kind of juicy chemistry that permeates the whole thing. Also - Patrick Swayze was smoldering hot.

☝️

I'd say that this could complete my point.

Well I mean I don't generally like looking at it through a 'chick flick' lens, but if you were to compare Dirty Dancing as a chick flick to a guy movie, what would a guy movie equivalent be in terms of quality? Robocop, perhaps?

Not a bad comparison! Not sterling, but with a certain addictive quality that is kind of timeless.

Patrick Swayze with his rippling muscles and perfect hair dripping wet the whole movie probably helped.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Without a doubt..

In what world would that be good news?

It’s going to be called “Even Dirtier Dancing” and will be about a young women working as a stripper who performs in the mud in a quaint town in the Catskills in 1978 who is exploring her burgeoning sexuality in the pre-AIDS era

Ask gameboy how old he is. lulz

But do fans of the movie actually like the story, or do they just watch it for Swayze and the dancing? For example, let's say the dancing was removed, and instead it was say a tennis competition or something like that, and instead of Swayze, you have Michael J. Fox.., who is a tennis player, but still popular with the women. But everything else in the script is exactly the same. Would people still like the story just as much?

christinabarrett.com