The Watercooler : Holy hell, we've got tornado warnings!

Holy hell, we've got tornado warnings!

Yes, you read that right, tornado warnings.

First it was this bizarre 100 degree weather way up here, and now we're getting tornado warnings, from western Massachusetts onward north, swirling into parts of Vermont and New Hampshire.

This went from a "watch" to a "warning". Well fuck me….

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Re: Holy hell, we've got tornado warnings!

Had one here yesterday, thankfully didn't happen.

Wow, you live in that area somewhere!

I guess you know what to do. Too bad if it causes any inconvenience, like having a bad day.

Floridian/French-New-Orleanian • Dutch-Chinese-Indonesian/Irish/German/French/Dutch • Blog

Shut the fuck up before I come over there and slap your ugly white face.

@nimda someone needs a break lol

if u stare long enough at this post u die

She's just mad at me.

Floridian/French-New-Orleanian • Dutch-Chinese-Indonesian/Irish/German/French/Dutch • Blog

no it's not u, don't worry about it, Christina. she's having a meltdown over Lilith and me here.

Lilith wasn't even a part of the war?

there is no actual war tho, it's just Donna being her batshit crazy abusive self.

Then, what is the war against me?

She called you a crazy bitch.

i don't know, girl. all i know is that Donna is at "war" with like everyone here for no real reason.

Yet, she hinted she was more popular than people/me.

she wants to be when in fact she's not. and every time reality hits her with the truth, that she is in fact not more popular than everyone else, she snaps and freaks out and sends out crazy death threats. it's just empty barking of a lunatic tho, nothing to take seriously or get scared of.

if anything, it only harms her and she needs help.

I wonder if she needs to "turn a new leaf," so-to-speak.

oh yeah, definitely.

Thank you!

of course, love!

See? ^^ See? ^^

That's how I picture you looking IRL too!

Just like that other thread….

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

hehe yeah, that's me half of the time when i talk to friends and people i like. the other half i'm blowing raspberries at people who annoy me.

I love, LOVE this picture!

I keep coming back to it.

Sophie's exactly right about Donna, Christina. You're one of the nicest and sweetest posters we have here. Donna just doesn't like women in general, and she doesn't like it when other women get attention.

People like you a lot around here, and that makes Donna jealous.

Keep being your wonderful self, Christina, and know that we all love you! And yes, she does need to turn over a new leaf. You, on the other hand, are great, just the way you are!

i agree whole heartedly with Lilith! love u, Christina!

Thanks!

But… she's still mad… Let Sophie and I "play."

Do not listen to Sophiemate, christina. Everybody hates you and you are the reason for all this bally-hoo.

Lilith:

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱 Let's go, Brandon!

Right now we're getting some torrential rain. Of course, the dog wants to go potty, so we go outdoors, he walks a little bit and realizes he's getting drenched, and totally changes his mind and decides, nah, he can hold it. Aaaand, in we go!

We've got alerts until midnight. But when I saw us go from "pink" to "magenta" and upgraded to warning, that is frightening.

Massachusetts has had a few, one in Springfield that was pretty bad.

I used to live in Springfield, in a Brazilian community, and elsewhere. Springfield is large.

I really hadn't expected to be getting tornado warnings way up here.

They are rare up there, bro. The 30 I've seen were all in Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma.

I know we've talked about this before, but I was an avid watcher of the Storm Chasers TV series. I loved it. (I was just thinking about it because right now, we've got that "emerald green sky" when I look outside, which is where I first learned about that).

That show made me so interested in wanting to go storm chasing! I'd love to get up close and personal, to see and hear and FEEL the amazing power of the beauty. It's with incredible respect, however, I'd view them, but I want to feel the energy, I want to see the power and beauty of these tornadoes.

The sounds, the visual masterpieces. I would only go if it were with a professional storm chasing team. Those experiences must have been exceptional.

If you really want to do storm chasing, choose the best: Silver Lining Tours:

http://www.silverliningtours.com/

Thank you for recommending them, however with COVID going on, I really don't think see that I'll be doing anything like that for myself any time in the future. Which is quite sad.

It's on my official Bucket List, and one day, I'd definitely like to go, but I'd much prefer to go with a friend.

I'll check them out, but how much do they cost and what do they entail generally speaking? Because you've got to pay for hotel accommodations on top of that, right? How long is the experience (ie: days, weeks?) and how long is each day? They go during the typical "tornado season" which would include what months?

How did you decide on them vs any other group?

As I've said, not something I think I'll be doing for quite a long while, but if I can wrangle a friend into doing it with me, perhaps in a couple of years it'll be something I find a way to pull off.

You're welcome. I mention SLT because they're the best. They're super nice people, and the leader, Roger Hill, is in the Guinness Book of World Records since he's seen over 750 tornadoes. He often live streams tornado video to The Weather Channel, and has been on the channel numerous times. All 30 I've seen were in just three trips with SLT. Roger knows where to go.

The first year I went with another group and saw zero tornadoes in five days. And they seemed to be more interested in the safety of their vans, rather than us seeing tornadoes. Luckily I found out about SLT from one of the women on that tour. Just dumb luck there.

All but two of their trips are in "Tornado Season" April - June, and originate in either Oklahoma City or Denver. 2021 prices are:

One four day trip - $1,600
Several six day trips - $2,650
Several seven day trips - $2,800 to $3,000
Two ten day trips - $3,750 to $3,950 Note: One of these is already full for 2021.

This price includes the tour, transportation in vans, a souvenir T shirt, and ALL hotel accommodations. The only thing you have to pay for is food. They make all the hotel arrangements based on where they think we will end up at the end of the day. There are usually about 18 to 20 people on each tour.

Each morning Roger and his staff check weather radar, and then we leave, usually around 10:30 am. We usually chase until dark, and then head for the hotel. If they've calculated correctly (and been lucky), it's then a short ride to the hotel. But if not, we sometimes have to make a three hour drive to the hotel. Sometimes we don't arrive until Midnight. But that's a concession you have to make when your schedule is being dictated by Mother Nature. On the last 10 day tour, we covered 4,400 miles!

Going with a friend is a great idea, but even if you go alone, you'll meet a lot of really nice folks. And about 3/4 of them are normally from other countries, which makes it even more fascinating imho.

I'm planning on going in May or June 2021, on a 6 or 7 day trip. The 10 day trip is just too long. You can check their 2021 schedule on their web site:

http://www.silverliningtours.com/2021-tour-schedule/

Stay safe up there, Madame. Keep an eye out for green, broom-riding women.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

That'd be me (well, minus the green!) If things get weird, if I could fit my doggo on my broom, I'd get the hell outta Dodge! Things are getting really strange, weather-wise right now out there.

Well ain't you a lucky duck. I live in tornado alley and haven't seen one in all my 39 years. Plenty of videos of course but I would like to see an actual tornado with my own eyes.

They say apathy is the greater evil. If that is true then I could well BE the Devil.

I would too, but I'm not too happy about potentially being IN one. See, at the risk of sounding cliche and sounding like the makings of a really overdone horror movie, I live at the end of a quiet dead-end street, in a big house, at the top of a big hill, surrounded by woods.

Not the best case scenario if we're talking about tornadoes.

It all depends upon how well the house is built.

They say apathy is the greater evil. If that is true then I could well BE the Devil.

To a degree, yes. But, for example, when the tornado hit that town of Springfield in Massachusetts, they ripped apart not just houses (assuming they were built to code), but also what one would assume to be aptly built business and corporate construction facilities.

I'm just living in a house, but you need to take my house's location into consideration as well.

Things just real quiet out there, and the rain stopped….

As a man who survived the unpleasant, but super close encounter with a tornado, stay safe!

We rarely get tornadoes around here but when we do, it's usually EF0 and EF1, that's it. Especially I'm two states away from being in "tornado alley". But I'm living near the ocean so this means we're vulnerable to hurricanes and tropical storms. To be honest, I'd rather have hurricanes than tornadoes.

I remember we did discuss about unusual climate at your area.

Imagine your real name is Dorthy Gale.

This hypersexu l teddy be r is w iting in your closet at midnight. Prep re yourself.

A short while ago, I thought it was over. The rain had stopped, the wind had stopped, the air was still, we even had blue skies and white clouds. Things looked pretty nice out, and even when I looked at my AccuWeather (which only shows 60 minutes) there was nothing incoming.

Now I just looked outside, and the wind is blowing so hard, the trees are really bending sideways, the skies look inky and the clouds are back to being dark and gloomy. There's no rain yet, but the wind is really knocking the limbs about some.

That's pretty chilling. I've seen a few tornadoes videos and some are basically "the calm before the storm" and I"m talking about literal calm before the storm. It's frightening. This video is one of them.

At first, it looks like a normal small rain then gradually, you'd hear the sound like the freight train slowly approaching. Then bam, destruction and chaos ensue. I hope this won't happen to you.

This hypersexu l teddy be r is w iting in your closet at midnight. Prep re yourself.

Well shucks, Mark. Aren't you just my little ray of sunshine tonight? lol

The weather is warming up outside. Very peculiar. It was cooler out when we had the rain, which I guess would make sense. Then it actually still felt sort of cool-ish when the skies were blue and the clouds were out.

But right now, with the dark clouds, the wind is picking up, the trees are bending a lot (but not horizontal!) but they're whipping back and forth, and the temperature just went up a couple of degrees.

Sorry sorry. I'm just speaking from the personal experience.

Ah, trees. They like to party in the storm. Whoo-hoo!! And it's getting hotter.