Displays and Projectors : Are 4K TVs really that much better?

Are 4K TVs really that much better?

I've got a 1080p but I've noticed you can get a 4K for under $400. I'll probably get one after Christmas and I'll likely go with Samsung.

Re: Are 4K TVs really that much better?

Not really, but might as well get one anyway. They look a little better when running something like a true 4k game with HDR on an Xbox One X, but as far as quality watching movies? You'll never notice a difference. Do get the Samsung, though. Solid brand.

Don't know don't care im old and gay
0% 0 votes

This is MovieMan, everyone. It's not an imposter, it's really him :)

The perks are worth the extra 5 bucks, boss.

No

Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home

It doesn't pay to get 4K with a small screen say <40". The eye has a hard time discerning the difference. I watched a show in 4K last night on my 43" and came away with two negatives. The action occasionally paused for a split second where 1080p wouldn't have been a problem. Also my bandwidth spiked to 14GB. I can tolerate 10GB well. Remember 4K is four 1080p screens and bandwidth usage is almost 4 times as much.

[center] [hr] [poll restrict] multiple [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup][/sup] [u][/u] &nbsp;

I would worry more about other aspects of picture quality, like colour accuracy, how well it handles deep greys and blacks, motion artifacts, backlighting uniformity. But you're pretty safe buying something from a major brand like Samsung, LG, or Sony.