Lloyd Bridges : What a shame

What a shame

What a shame that hollywood didn't give him a award for being an actor for over 60 years in 1996!! He was so worthy of one. As far as I know he was award a Hollywood Star on Hollywood Blvd. He deserved more.
Tom

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Re: What a shame

I agree 100% This man gave so much!

True enough. Hot Shots 1&2 wouldn't have been nearly as funny if he wasn't there

I agree, he deserve more for his wonderful contribution to the film industry all those years.

Agree. Every movie he "touched" turned to gold.

THIS GUY WAS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He acted to the end of life and never retired. Imagine still working at the age of 85!

A true legend from his "Sea Hunt" days to the comedy films from Airplane! right to Hot Shots! He makes me laugh so hard, I end up crying!!!! A true travesty that this man never received the acclaim he so richly deserved. Gone but not forgotten.

my fave actor of all time, just watching his face made me laugh even if the movie wasnt funny.

fantastic actor, deserved not 1 but 10000000 awards.

hollywood sucks.

Post deleted

PLUS….

He fathered "the dude". Who couldn't love him for that?

Post deleted

I agrre. Lloyd Bridges was indeed a excellent actor who should have wom a few major awards for his extemely long, varied, and impressive career. I just submitted a cool 1970 TV commercial for the Camaro Super Hugger car under other work for Mr. Bridges.

"We're all part Shatner/And part James Dean/Part Warren Oates/And Steven McQueen"

I'm sure he'd be the first to admit he was no great actor. I liked him well enough but if Oscars were awarded to every competent, likable actor they wouldn't mean anything. He WAS nominated for two primetime Emmys, one in 1957 and one in 1998.