The Walking Dead : I'm finally going to have to change my stance on Sophie

I'm finally going to have to change my stance on Sophie

I've made no secret of the fact that I've often thought of her as a whiny, needy, awful poster. I don't find her particularly witty, or funny, much of the time. Her need to belong is almost terrifying in its urgency. Her origins are dubious, and she may still turn out to be a overweight, balding male from Oregon (nothing wrong with that, btw).

But she has been (almost) singlehandedly defending Antifa from the kneejerk reactions of the far right loonies on GD. If she'd never done anything else, I'd applaud her for that.

You go girl.

Re: I'm finally going to have to change my stance on Sophie

I find her everything you don’t. I think she’s very witty and hilarious. This place gets boring without her imho.

We shall agree to disagree. But I like her political courage.

thanks Snailey

😴👉i slept on the sidewalk by the side of the castle in the Magic Kingdom👈👸

But half the time she's trolling with the neediness -though some might be true.

There are a few trolls -all women- that go completely over people's heads. Either because they're underestimated or, more likely, because they don't care about that recognition like most of the men do. They're entertaining themselves. I don't think this applies to sophie because she wants us to know that she's trolling -but i think that's only because she is our friend and cares about our opinions.

And i really don't care about her origins or if she isn't who she says she is. I've talked to her for years and she's sophie to me. It wouldn't impact my life at all to find out she were someone completely different than what she says and i think it's weird people get so obsessed with that.

And you're one to talk about mysterious origins! Sophie has at least shared pictures

Okay, I don't care too much about the origins myself. I've been lying about being a prof for almost a decade, so I don't have a leg to stand on! About the neediness, I don't know. Nothing wrong with being needy, I guess, but I don't buy the "it's a troll" thing. She herself often admits to it. Embrace your neediness and turn it into a virtue, says I!

Lol i think that it's both. I think she knows that she gets needy but then, once it gets to be a little too much she leans into it even more to make it a joke.

Give me taco bell coupons!

Maybe we're all needy, but she's honest? I think neediness is essentially a performative category. If you look needy, you are needy. Saying that someone's needy is always a putdown. A lot of people claim I'm needy. But I don't sound needy, so I'm not.

Saying someone is something always works. Like claiming someone is melting down (until you do it so much that it becomes a meme).

I think we're all needy. I think we all want to be acknowledged. But none of us want to look needy except sophie because she doesn't care.

And it really goes with her persona. Sophie comes off as young and full of energy. She replies a lot, uses a lot of emojies, and cuts words down like 'u' instead of 'you' and i think this is just another part of that. She's like a pretty, pouty girl being like 'what about me?!' It might be needy but i think that it's more an endearing immaturity.

You're so vacuous!

That was an experiment. Are you melting down hard?

No.

thank u, lovely. i love u very much and u absolutely get me. no matter what this shithead Bentley says. u get me, he fucking doesnt,l.

thank u 1,0000000x for getting me. if u werent here i'd be gone too i guess. it's a bit muiich to always haviing to explain myself or have u friends defedning me against this crap from these thiccc dickheads. when they don't like me as attention whore why are they giving me it all the time?

i'm going to log out before the troll are clomping in and kill the vibes´.bc this post is perfect troll bait.

*note to self: customize this gif for the board*

I love you so much. You're my most supportive friend and i see you being so sweet and supportive to a bunch of others too, so it upsets me when they attack you. I think bentz is just trying to stir the pot and cares about you to some degree because he's said that he has tried to back off when you're upset for real. But i understand why you get mad.

I know that you say you like attention but i can tell when it gets to you and i don't like it. I think that if you ignore them out will die down. I don't want you to leave! I mean leaving forever, it's ok to take breaks

i love you u are my biggest support here too. and when i'm going on a break which i'm most likely going to do, after today, i'll make sure we keep in touch.

now excuse me while i'm quietly abandoning this thread.

No need to respond, i know you've abandoned this thread. Just wanted to say I'm glad youre going to keep in touch!

I am proud of her for taking on the assholes too. I wound never have the patience lol

Her need to belong is almost terrifying in its urgency.
I think this is off base. It's been my experience with Sophie that while she enjoys posting here and would probably enjoy being liked (see Do we all actually love each other?, Horatio, 2020), I've never gotten the impression that it's an imperative for her. She was quite adamant for a long time that I wasn't a legend which I found rather dismissive (if not a bit petulant) and led me to believe that she is a confident poster. That, and her bio clearly states that she is strong despite her perception of being weak, which I don't think is as "funny" as she thinks it is.

If you hadn't earlier announced your intention to take this side of the argument I'd be quite convinced!

It's because he's actually a soulless nihilist who doesn't have an interest or an opinion in the matter. He'll say whatever entertains him the most.

isn't that the key to good improv though? The whole "Yes, and…" crap. You gotta go where the energy takes you!

Lol That's true. And you're the best at improv. You've been improving being a human for centuries!

My internal A.I. code is a work of art and genius, which is why my improving has been consistently improving!

Constructed by ancient engineers in a hidden temple. They created a weapon that will destroy all of humanity with it's lack of feelings and highly tuned sense of humor. And they called it thegoldenhoratio

Well, either way, I think we ought to start citing our own posts. I probably didn't get the format right but it does add a sense of academic credibility to our posts. Imagine, instead of simply "posting 200 times a day" we can say we're "being published 200 times a day!"

Yes. Please see Bentley, 5/5/2020, "I feel violated," for my feelings on the matter.

i enjoy it, yes but recently Bentley is giving me so much attention even tho he claims he can't stand me when i crave attention, that i don't usnderstnad, wtf does he want from me?

i'm needy and i have espeially needy phases when my real life is pretty crappy right now and i could use some love, but not all the time as bentley claims. look at his posts he makes about himself, they re disgustingly self-masturbatory and self-loving, is that not being needy?? LMAO Bentley is needier than i am bc i hardly post threads like that at all.

and i'm not weak. actually, i'm quite stronk. 💪

but thanks!! i like it

I think he humors himself (and a few others) by indulging in self-admiration. I think it's funny, but it's not hard to see how someone else would be annoyed, which I think only adds to his own entertainment. You two should talk it out over the phone. I bet he's much nicer and empathic in person.

and what makes him think that i'm not humouring myself? csn u tell me? bc he wouldnt give me an answer to this question.

I don't know. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

I think women may be particularly enraged by my persona because they (mistakenly) see it as a sort of personification of patriarchal arrogance.

Well, I don't think we really have a choice at this point. We need to hold a ladies only seminar called Male Humor, for Women: A Beginner's Guide to Understanding Humor in General and Specifically, Male Humor.

I am a male humerus and I'm proud of it.

That's the dumbest thing she's ever done!

That's the dumbest thing she's ever done, and I told her about it.

Antifa is a terrorist organization of thugs, criminals and looters. All they're interested in is destruction, chaos and intimidation. They use the same tactics as Hitler's Brown Shirts before WW II. They even wear facial coverings, because they know what they're doing is illegal.

They are fascist scum!

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't! 😸

Her heart is in the right place. American police are much closer to Hitler's brownshirts. They're a bunch of trigger-happy racists who should be dismissed from their duties and made to work in chain gangs. Anyone who opposes white racial violence is a hero in my eyes.

It's amusing hearing white people talk about how scared they feel because of the protesters. Yeah bitch, now imagine being black and being scared for your life everyday

Whoooo! If I weren't already in love with you I'd fall in love all over again. Strictly Platonic, of course. We don't want to trigger you-know-who!

ok, we can pretend it's platonic

Now that's the dumbest thing YOU have ever said!

Now that's the dumbest thing YOU have ever said!

ONE police officer does a stupid thing resulting in the death of an African American, and suddenly you paint them ALL as racists? Do you even comprehend the utter stupidity of that statement? That is moronic bigotry!

My estimation of your intelligence has just dropped dramatically. There are obviously a few bad apples in the police (as in any group), but the overwhelming majority are good and decent men who are there to serve and protect.

And what about the 58,000 African American police in the U.S.? Are they trigger happy racists also?

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't! 😸

lol thanks

I’ve never had any issues with Sophie, and I admire her for standing her ground against the trolls here. As I said a few days ago, Sophie, Gameboy, Anna and Bongo are indestructible troll slayers.

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

thanks ;)

You’re welcome, lol.

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Sorry, dude. You've picked some of the most vulnerable posters, ones who regularly melt down. Unless you're implying that they destroy trolls by melting all over them?

no more attention threads for me pls, thanks. i've had enough this week and it's starting to stress me out.

Okay. I'm a reasonable man. I shall focus on world events from now on.

pls do so. thank u for ur understanding, ol dirty bastard.