Horror : The Omen (1976).

The Omen (1976).

It’s one hell of a horror movie. Here’s the best scene within the entire movie:

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Re: The Omen (1976).

You never left.
No. Don't ask. You know.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

That’s such a memorable quote.

Thanks. Think of me when you use it.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Interesting article. I was googling to see how close the movie is to Bible prophecy on the Anti-Christ.

https://www.moviefone.com/2016/06/24/the-omen-facts/

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

1. A lot of "Omen" viewers have thought that rhyming-prophecy quotation actually comes from the Bible. It does not; screenwriter David Seltzer made it up. In fact, he claimed he'd never even read the Bible before being commissioned to write the screenplay.

I knew that since I’ve read the Bible. The quotation did sound like a prophecy that you’d find within that book though.

When the Jews return to Zion
And a comet rips the sky
And the holy Roman Empire rises
Then you and I must die.

From the eternal sea he rises
Creating armies on either shore
Turning man against his brother
'Til man exists no more.

Perhaps it's referring to the Corona-virus and how we can't trust anyone anymore?

Who would have thought that a horror movie could be more accurate in its fortune telling than astrology could ever be? Hopefully the recrudescence that was portrayed in Apocalypse Now doesn’t become a reality next!

As if that's the place to go to for biblical accuracy. 😂😂😂 You are so doomed.

Irrelevant. We're discussing a movie, not gospel truth. Which of those points is incorrect?

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Someone should make a racing game featuring these two…

Damien wins every time through the power of 666.

Unless he spends too much time knocking off friends and family.

I saw the actor who played the photographer (David Warner) walking down the street a few years ago and he still had his head on.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

What is it that makes those two look so terrifying?

They’re ill-matched. One is the son of Satan while the other is the son of a caretaker with writer’s block.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

It's featured in episode 3 of Cursed Films, if you're interested in that sort of thing…

Have you watched the episode yet?

Yep! I've watched the whole series (only 5 half hour episodes) already. In that episode they interviewed a couple of dark arts practitioners to investigate how curses work. To test the theory, one of the guys placed a curse on a movie currently in production (at the time of shooting) but dammit, they blanked out the name of the movie.

Did they mention the actor who played Damien being done for assault and sentenced on Friday the 13th?

I don't remember that coming up. They did cover John Richardson's car accident on a Friday the 13th near the Ommen 66.6km sign. He was involved with the decapitation effect and the passenger in his car was decapitated.

Now that MUST have been the work of Satan!

They also covered "why would the devil not want this made" and challenge the idea of "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled is convincing you he doesn't exist".

This is definitely one of the best horror movies ever made. Unforgettable.

I wish that I could say the same thing about the 2006 remake.

It's often the same old story with remakes. Not many are worth the effort.

Keep 'em peeled for Guy Standeven as some kind military officer standing next to Gregory Peck singing "Happy Birthday" at Damien's outdoor party.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

the movie blows

I've seen a lot of horror movies in my day, and this is one of the creepiest. I try not to watch it so much because I don't want it to lose its power over me. And to think, this movie was from the guy who made Goonies and Lethal Weapon!

Happiness is a warm… yes it is… GUN!

I did not know that! That’s crazy!

Great film. I have The Omen box set on blu ray.

I have the box set on Blu-Ray, too. I will never purchase the 2006 remake though.

My favourite horror film

I was manager of a movie theatre when The Omen was released. It was one of those great opera house theatres with 1,000 seats that was built in the early 1920's.

We used a Grand Curtain at the beginning and end of each movie; always loved that style of presentation. At the end of the last showing, which was around 11PM, I would go back stage and wait to draw the curtain while Ave Satani played during the end credits.

Standing in the dark, listening to that music, gave me some real creeps. By the time I returned to the auditorium and began turning off all the lights the building was totally empty and silent.

I always remember that whenever I watch the movie today.

Getting chills again just thinking about it.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

I swear that Jerry Goldsmith must've channeled the devil himself to come up with that creepy score. Whenever I hear evil music playing in any Horror movie, the first thing that comes to my mind is that it fails miserably in comparison to The Omen. Thanks a lot Jerry–You've ruined every other Horror movie ever made.

Sanguis…

Bebemus…

Corpus…

Edimus…

What are you doing there Soggy?

"That's a dumb question, Miss Glenn’s Organ."

It was kind of good, kind of not, but the one character that kept bothering me is the photographer. He tries to tell the main character what is happening, but he talks like a crazy delusional person, talking in riddles.

This is done, so the main character will not be able to understand him, and so the rest of the movie can thereby happen, the way it does.

But I just kept thinking why doesn't he just speak normal and clear if he wants people to believe him, instead of acting crazy?

This is true. Soggy can't speak normal and acts crazy. Yep. 100% true.

"That's a dumb question, Miss Glenn’s Organ."

I saw a full orchestra and choir perform it live. Amaaaaziiiiiing.

Yeah Loki, I've seen it too. They did a great job, but did they not realize that they were conjuring up the devil by performing it?

Oh well, maybe they were all Satanists…

I saw Fantômas do it, too. Before it was released on album, too. Release the Beast!