Halloween III: Season of the Witch : a 4.8 Rating, REALLY???? Come ON!!!!

a 4.8 Rating, REALLY???? Come ON!!!!

this movie has gotten a bad rap but to me it's better than the very overrated Halloween original that was slow as molasses… on its own, if this movie were just called THE MASKS or SEASON OF THE WITCH it'd be considered a cool horror science fiction thing…

the low rating makes no sense…

The Fearmakers Blog https://thefearmakers.blogspot.com/

Re: a 4.8 Rating, REALLY???? Come ON!!!!

Alas, the diehard Michael Myers Halloween fanboys have a massive issue with this film simply because Mikey isn't in it. Those are the majority of folks who voted this movie down on the IMDb. That's kind of how it works on the internet: The majority reigns supreme over the minority because they got the numbers and we don't.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

Yeah, because someone can't simply legitimately dislike the film without being a Michael Myers fanboy. I personally like it, but no reason to be condescending.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

It's a must see every Halloween here! We give it a solid 10.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

I really want to like this movie, but there’s just something about it that is off. It has a nice atmosphere, great special effects and enough carnage candy for gorehounds to enjoy, but the story just doesn’t sell it for me and the absence of Micheal really hurt. I’m sounding like a dumb fanboy but that’s my honest opinion.

I watched Halloween III before any of the other ones, so missing Michael Myers didn't matter to me - and I was expecting something of an anthology film for a franchise that was trying something new, which it is and does rather well.

Great effects, beautiful cinematography, eerie atmosphere and wildly ridiculous plot. It has all the hallmarks of a classic, but because it's branded as a Halloween movie, and Halloween movies NEED to be about Micheal Myers, this movie's legacy suffers.

I will say that it would’ve worked far better as its own movie. Another thing I forgot to mention was the music. It has an amazing score, and I even like the Silver Shamrock tune for its catchiness and subversiveness of the true nature.

In fact, I watched it again recently and it’s finally grown on me a little bit.

Alright Jamesy! You're starting to come around!

but the story just doesn’t sell it for me
You didn't like the plot?
Since when are Halloween movies about the plot?

MisterEchoes 2, Filmboards 0.

Well I mean the execution of the story moreso than its idea. In fact, I think the movie has such a great premise. They could’ve done a lot with the masks killing the children but only used it for one scene.

This one has really grown on me over the years. I even put the Silver Shamrock song on my ringtone the month of October every year.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I love the first Halloween but quickly grew bored of the sub-genre it introduced. This film was a breath of fresh air for me and the right type of nutty horror. And yes I do know there were slashers before Halloween but that’s the one that kick started the glut.

It's the only in the Halloween series I've seen only once. I guess I didn't like that it wasn't connected.

I'm considering rewatching it as a standalone.

"That's a dumb question, Miss Glenn’s Organ."

Is that gif from the movie a thumbs up or down for considering a rewatch?

You must watch Halloween III! When you're done, that jingle will be forever etched into your brain. All things, all of life; revolves around the dirty deeds in the hotel room. See the Silver Shamrock, Be the Silver Shamrock.

*edit* Best to watch in the Month of October. Bad luck happens when you watch the film in any other month. soggybottom once broke his arm watching the movie in September. I lost a job back in 2009 watching in August.

Alright! If not tonight then tomorrow. It can't be worse than my current earworm. Don't ask.

Alright, then. Good luck. Break out the Scotch and cookies. And don't change your clothes. Best to wear the same clothes you had on yesterday. Dr. Dan Challis is our God, and we must obey these rules.

Oh fuck off Slatch.

Heavens, I think I've just been told to put my clothes back on and get out.

Yes you have! Leave the money on the dresser.

Okay Soggy.

Starting it now.

Yes! You are still wearing the same clothes you had on yesterday? If not, put them back on, helps set the mood.

For added measure, if you're watching on a mobile device, you could watch it in your car. Be a lot better than this floor.

Yes.

I still think this shouldn't have been part of the Halloween series. It's on its own tangent.

On it's own it stands as a pretty decent movie. But, they wanted to make "Halloween" a different story each year. Then this film flopped at the box office.

I remember my oldest brother going to see this movie when I was kid. He was a senior in high schoool. The next day, I was excited to find out what it was about, because the commercials seemed so wack. All I remember him saying was "Michael Meyers wasn't in it." I felt a little bummed.

Yeah, I missed Michael. But I knew what to expect, having seen it once before. I must say, I enjoyed it more now than I did with my initial viewing. I think it may be because I'm (re)watching a lot of old horror and some if it (well, a lot of it) is quite cheesy. I've definitely seen worse than this movie.

And now, a shower, and maybe a movie featuring an exploding head.

The movie sucked and is a disgrace to the original which is a masterpiece. What you call slow is building up tension. Carpenter ended the movie brillantly,making us question if Michael was human or if something supernatural was going on.

"It doesn't matter who hurt you,or broke you down,what matters is who made you smile again."

lmao @ "masterpiece"

Son you really don't like the original?

"It doesn't matter who hurt you,or broke you down,what matters is who made you smile again."

Mom, I didn't. Decent start, but then it becomes redundant and silly.

Some might say, that many us who watch and like this movie question if Ellie Grimbridge was a robot all along. Remember, she did say during the hot n' steamy hotel scene "I'm older than I look." Most of Cochran's robots were hundreds of years old.

I found it watchable, but it just had nothing to do with Halloween except for the time of year in which it takes place.

it doesn't even deserve a 4.8, its shit

Now where did all these CJ dickheads come from?

Who's this Glenn's Organ guy?

Goofball.

CJ?

Glenn’s Organ really does look like Vanilla Ice.

Re: a Rating, REALLY???? Come ON!!!!

I like how it explains Michael's obsession and resistance to death. The Curse of Samhein.

3 Fucks, 2 Fucks, 1 Fuck, 0 Fucks! ha ah ah ah