Lists and Recommendations : Last handful of movies I watched

Last handful of movies I watched

With quick impressions, for the good of filmboards.

Predator - fuckin' awesome
Conan the Barbarian - Fuckin' awesome
Gone With the Wind - First time I've seen it, I get the hype now. Classic.
Re-Animator - Pretty fun movie, a bit different from the usual zombie bullshit.
Twins - Fuckin' stupid, Arnold not knowing what to do with a woman is not a fun time.
Hatchet (unrated) - Really fun for a B/C grade splatter movie. Gloriously violent.
Hatchet 2 (Unrated) - About as fun as the first with less amusing characters.

Re: Last handful of movies I watched

You watched my favorite movie of all time GWTW 😍

~~Happy Holidays~~

Scarlett was such a bitch, I demand that she get in my bed.

Vivian Leigh was so beautiful.

~~Happy Holidays~~

Indeed, lol. Her beauty almost distracted me from being able to focus on the series of events that took place in the movie.

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

I love you guys for appreciating it like you do and not afraid to say so ❤

~~Happy Holidays~~

Thank you!

Natural beauty. And astonishingly preferred anal to vaginal intercourse.

What have you watched in the way of recent movies?

1917 - best war movie in a very long time.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Possibly my favourite Tarantino movie, love it.
Rise of the Skywalker - Mixed feelings. Loved a lot of it, disliked some of it. I feel like it's biggest flaw is that the previous movie should have focused on one of it's major plot points. So maybe too much crammed into one package. Still a very fun movie.

Rise of Skywalker got a lot of hate but I enjoyed it. I liked how Kylo seemed to progress from a whiny, unlikable emo crybaby in the first to a real badass by the end of the last movie, with a legit motivation for what he did based on his perceived and very real betrayals by those close to him. Not perfect, but my favorite scenes in the last 2 movies were with Kylo.

Obviously OUATIH will replace Pulp Fiction as Tarantino fans go to movie, and deservedly so thanks to the stellar charisma of Ser Brad Pitt as Cliff Boothe.

Been looking forward to seeing 1917 but haven't ever been in the right mood to watch it yet. I'm not that into war movies but i'm sure the day will come when I find myself watching it.

I've got the same feelings about Kylo Ren and ROTS.

I'm not big on war movies either, but 1917 definitely stands out as one of the best.

The last war movie I watched due to critic reviews was Hacksaw Ridge, which left absolutely no mark on me. Way too hammy.

He was the quintessential Sith Lord.

Gone with the Wind is one of my all-time favorite movies, too. It definitely deserves its spot on the IMDb top 250 list, lol. It will remain a gem that I’ll permanently treasure.

I thought watching it would be a chore that I just wanted to get out of the way, turns out I enjoyed it thoroughly

I was certain that I wouldn’t be able to finish watching Gone with the Wind within a single sitting, but it managed to make four hours pass by quickly, lol.

I cheated and took a 20 minute breather during the intermission

And I fuckin' loved that the entire intermission has been left intact.

I find it hilarious that such a manly two pot screamer such as yourself actually sat there and watched Gone with the wind like a proper sheila lol. Whats next? You gunna come out as a vejjo, mate?

Not as hilarious as you using the word "sheila"

I'm straight enough to be as gay as I want, whenever I want.

I thought the Hatchet movies were fun, too. Kane Hodder is a beast! And yeeessss Re-Animator!

Good shit

I've yet to watch Hatchet 3 and 4 - hoping they're as fun as the first two

I had fun with the entire series. They're quite even, quality wise. The 4th one is just called Victor Crowley. I can't remember offhand now which one spent a touch too much time in back story, which made it drag for a brief period,but it didn't stay in that territory too long.

I remember Hatchet 2 having an unnecessarily long backstory sequence.

It mostly just retold the same story from the first movie but with a bit more focus on how sad Crowley's dad was

Glad to hear there's no huge drop in quality with the last 2 movies, the first 2 seemed to have the perfect balance of B grade, cheesy fun.

A good example of that style going wrong is Piranha 3DD - fucking worthless trash

Ah then that's the one. You're past that point. I thought it happened in III.

I haven't binge rewatch marathoned them all since first having seen them. I should do that since a couple of details have faded from memory. And it's a great excuse to watch hours of Kane Hodder. (I love him )

Somehow I've never recognised him in anything

Always thought it was a shame that he missed out on being in the best Friday 13th movies.

More gushing: He's just great. I think he's also the most prolific on-screen killer (as in, he has the highest body count on film if you add them up)

Hatchet 3 was awesome

I didn't think 4 was quite as fun as 2 and 3, but it was still really fun

Would you agree that as a whole, it's a pretty good unpretentious series of films? I'm going to rewatch them weekend after next. This weekend is booked for the Winding Refn series.

Yep, Hatchet is an A+ series of films for B grade horror fans I'm really happy I watched them. I'm a big enough fan of them now to justify buying unrated copies of all 4 films. Really surprised that all 3 sequels were so much fun.

I tried watching a pirated copy of Refn's series a little while back, but it turned out the fuckin' thing didn't have subtitles when they were needed

It's still on my list.

I got initially got into them because it was a vehicle for Kane Hodder after the F13 franchise unceremoniously dumped him. And I agree, it's a lot of gory fun.

The Refn series is on Amazon Prime if you have that.

Gone With the Wind is a great classic

Really is.

Will definitely be watching it again someday.