The Soapbox : When are you guys going to stop enabling Christina and….

When are you guys going to stop enabling Christina and….

Get her the help she clearly needs? When? When she’s out turning tricks on the street? Is that when you’re gonna give a fck!

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

Re: When are you guys going to stop enabling Christina and….

Well I don’t see you doing anything about it either. What are we supposed to do?

I said she could live with me, but a poster said they would step in IRL, because they are afraid I would harm her.

I wanna say all those things, those dirty things
That would be better unsaid

You were supposed to call me last night.

That someone would be me.
Stay away from her, you sick fuck!

That’s my baby. He’s not sick. He’s got a juicy bubble butt and a charming personality.

Why thank you, Mr J Curl.

A few people have been saying for years that I’m some sort of rapey psycho, but it’s obviously not true.

I wanna say all those things, those dirty things
That would be better unsaid

Why should I care 🙄

Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home

Why shouldn’t you?

What makes you think she needs help from us? Most of her posts are completely incoherent so we have no real way of knowing what her life is actually like outside of the forum. She could be trolling for all we know.

Common sense tells me she needs help. I’ve reached out to Christina years ago on Facebook, and she was just as batsh[!]t and isolated there as she is here.

I wish I still could find her on Facebook, because then I could deliver her from the hell of her own mind.

If she's really as sick as she appears to be on here then she needs serious psychiatric help. It's nice that you want to help her but there's not a whole lot that random internet people could do for her. And this may sound a bit harsh but she needs to want to help herself a little bit too. I say this as someone who has been mentally ill for half of my life now. I have it under control now but it requires effort. You have to be willing to take your medications and keep up with your appointments. I don't know what Christina has been doing as far as treatment goes but there's clearly room for improvement.

Electroshock therapy?

OK let's get serious. When you can finally produce a pay stub I will actually finance Christina's mental health needs.

This is a rather pretentious thread. Christina has a right to free speech and to post as much as anyone here.

After her dad goes, she still has family, and social services give disability payments to people like her who qualify.

I also assume she'll have an inheritance from her dad. If he owns his home she'll probably live there. She's a talented woman who's been to college, studies language, plays musical instruments - she has much on the ball.

When you see homeless schizos on the street they are on drugs and alcohol and not taking their meds. Christina shows no signs of being an alcoholic or addict. She'll do fine.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

She has been a lot more manic and paranoid the past few days. I am beginning to wonder if she is taking her meds.

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

It's the trolls obviously. I have to say though she's been posting on the boards for the past ten years. The trolls on the old Soapbox were as assholish as these.

Administrator
I GameBoy

She has always been "gifted" I question Jerri curls motives.

The trolls on the old Soapbox were as assholish as these.
Do we know who's trolling her? Surely we can do something about that?

Whether you admit or not, she needs help. She’s can be as talented as the day is blue, but she’s lost her mind. Many schizos on the street started in situations just like hers.

And let’s say she lives in that house and a developer wants the land. Christina will be easily duped into selling for very little, if any, profit. And I’d venture to guess she has no real perception of money and will squander those earnings. Remember, Christina has never had to be an adult and never taken her medication with any regularity.

If only I could reach out to her again on Facebook like I did eight years ago. She needs deliverance!

Disabled people have rights. And they have a right to express themselves on a message board.

Dude, the problem of homelessness is one of addiction. Schizophrenics under care and taking their meds do not wander the streets. So that doesn't apply in Christina's case.

Thankfully we live in a society where social services provide them with healthcare and income. If she can't live with family, there are group homes. She has also discussed many times about managing her money.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Do you still have contacts in the Order? The ayran nation would take her in a minute. ⏳

Troll her and you're gone.

Administrator
I GameBoy

How dare you. I have been defending her while you were locked in stalls with youngsters.

Mind your tongue boy.

Dude, the problem of homelessness is one of addiction. Schizophrenics under care and taking their meds do not wander the streets. So that doesn't apply in Christina's case.

Thankfully we live in a society where social services provide them with healthcare and income. If she can't live with family, there are group homes. She has also discussed many times about managing her money.
False, false, false, false. She doesn't know how to manage money. She can't even get her blood sugar below 230.

Please, she's given detailed accounts, too detailed, of her finances. My point here is that she won't be wandering the street like these hapless homeless addicts.

Administrator
I GameBoy

She will be if SSI, who already thinks they're covering her rent, won't up her monthlies from 700.

She has family. We don't know the deets. But it is a fact that almost all homeless are addicts and alcoholics. People who take their meds and don't abuse drugs don't end up on the street.

Administrator
I GameBoy

But it is a fact that almost all homeless are addicts and alcoholics. People who take their meds and don't abuse drugs don't end up on the street.
Wrong.

There are millions of people with mental disabilities who are cared for with SSI. Who are you to tell her she must be homeless? Creepy.

Administrator
I GameBoy

You win the Creative Reading award.

You're being presumptuous. We have no reason to believe she will be homeless. Most people with mental disabilities are not homeless.

Administrator
I GameBoy

If she does not take her meds she will end up on the streets unless she has someone to look after her. I don't know how much you think SSI is going to cover especially with the cost of living. Christina can not be on her own. That is a harsh reality with her particular mental illness. It's an never ending vicious cycle because the meds make them better so they quit their meds thinking they are better. Unless she is living with someone who can look out for her the outcome will be grim. Even then it is no guarantee because some wander off and refuse help.

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

I agree that it is better someone with her disability be cared for. That's why I mentioned group homes.

But I just feel it's presumptuous for us to be armchair psychologists and tell her what she must do. I'm hoping she has family and a doctor to care for her. I'm also sure her father is making some provisions for her.

Administrator
I GameBoy

I feel like she might not take her meds because I saw her saying a few days ago that the doctors are wrong she doesn't think she is mentally ill.

Yes, she believes she's only autistic. Gameboy feeds into that. What happened? Did her father die?

Her dad is still alive I believe.

I do?

Administrator
I GameBoy

Sounds like an issue for her family and her doctor, innit?

Administrator
I GameBoy

Yes. Hopefully her extended family will always look out for her. I was just saying that thinking there's nothing wrong and choosing not to take your meds is definitely one way for mentally ill people to end up homeless it doesn't have to be drugs or alcohol. At the end of the day though what can anyone here really do 🤷 I wish her well.

I agree.

Administrator
I GameBoy

If I find her Facebook again and track down her locations, I’m calling Social Services to do a welfare check. I will save her if none of you dare!

Or could could just grow the fuck up.

I’m trying, Stamm.

When you see homeless schizos on the street they are on drugs and alcohol and not taking their meds. Christina shows no signs of being an alcoholic or addict. She'll do fine.

I presume that many schizophrenic people who become homeless don't have access to their medications, and lack the required help to obtain them. Substance abuse is likely a symptom of their homelessness rather than a cause.

Christina needs to be living with family, whether it be her father or her relatives. They will help her to manage her money (which she herself admits to squandering) and will keep her on the necessary medications. I don't think she's ready to live alone, as she has never had to maintain any sort of adult responsibilities, and telling her that she is able to do so is setting her up for failure in the name of empowerment.

This article better explains the prevalence of schizophrenia among the homeless.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12059843

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

I agree with you actually. There are group homes where she could live.

My brother has multiple sclerosis and lost his foot to diabetes. But he lives on his own and is enrolled in a home care program in an apartment complex for disabled people. So there are options.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Christina is beyond saving. I tried making her a nun. She rejected that offer. Instead, she chases this world like a mortal fool who has eyes but cannot see, the fact that this world is a mirage, a fool's paradise. I am wasting my godly words on a contemptible lowly forum as this.

Get her the help she clearly needs?

That's her family's responsibility. Or yours, if you're really that concerned.

She has no family left, the poor girl.

Okay. It's yours.

I’ve tried to save her before. I need assistance.