The Soapbox : People around here are so caught up in there

People around here are so caught up in there

Cliques and bull shit mightier then thou drama that they forget that there are other decent posters on here.But are overly inebriated by the exuberance of there own verbosity.

Durrrrrrrrr

Re: People around here are so caught up in there

My 🐫 toe and I agree.

😂😂😂

Durrrrrrrrr

What?

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Ahhh nevermind lol.

Durrrrrrrrr

What cliques? Everyone here (save for the usual users) seems to like you and treat you well.

I know,I just wonder sometimes why certain posters like to argue who is better over and over again between the TWD board and soapbox,i like both groups but at times the arguing just goes in circles.And other peoples threads get crowded out.

Durrrrrrrrr

Only one board is superior, my son.

He shouldn't have to be in the Night's Watch for all his days.

Lord Orson > G

Orson is the greatest IMDb poster of all of time!

I'm Snow and Orson hybridized, not a snore-inducing Orson which would be Snoreson. Monica pointed out the confusion I caused so I'm better equipt to explain.

Lol@
I'm Snow and Orson hybridized, not a snore-inducing Orson which would be Snoreson.

I just wonder sometimes why certain posters like to argue who is better over and over again between the TWD board and soapbox,i like both groups but at times the arguing just goes in circles

i think that's just ironic hilarious banter, it's no real war likeit is us vs hungry & minions which is pure vile and the attackers are actually out to seriously damage people. what goes on between TWD & SB tho is mostly really just light-hearted teasing and legpulling. and we really love when u come over for a visit, even Steve. i really disliked that blowhard at first, but even he has relly grown on me. GB is SB dad. and most of u others are fun playmates to be around.. its different with the hungry trolls of course!

suck it.

Ahhh who im I kidding it was a fun banter.

Durrrrrrrrr

What a disingenuous question. You must think very little of his abilities to respond with "What cliques?".

Hardly. My stance remains firm: there are no cliques. I don't change positions depending upon which thread I happen to be reading.

Doubling down. How unsurprising. Of course you weren't aware of the TWD clique.

There is a stipulation when forming a clique that the group must "not readily allow others to join them," according to the dictionary. Both the Soapbox and TWD seem to tolerate new posters just fine; ergo, neither is a clique. They're simply boards made up of people who have known each other for years.

Really? The dictionary? I see. Dictionaries aside, your mind didn't have the capacity to comprehend what Mechanic was saying to the point where you had to double What? him and expound it to "What cliques?". That's what you're saying.

Yes, dictionaries are important tools when it comes to citing a word's denotation. In fact, I'd venture to say they're the authority on the matter.

As per "not understanding," I understood fine. I simply don't agree with the sentiment. I have known Kirk for a long while now; he posted this because he felt slighted. I was simply reassuring him that there are no cliques about to exclude him, and that his worth is known.

No matter the reason you felt the need to confront me, I appreciate your concern for Kirk. He deserves to feel valued.

If you understood fine, why did you keep saying "What"?

It's a versatile word. In this case, it was meant to be read along the lines of "what are you talking about" rather than "what does this mean." Things are lost in translation through written communication all the time, though, so I apologize for failing to adequately express myself.

But you knew what he was talking about, you understood fine, and said so yourself. Asking a question when you have no question to ask is the definition of insincerity. So why disagree with me in the first place?

I wasn't asking for clarification on meaning. I was asking for clarification on his state of mind. I don't want to come in as a shining, virtual white knight without being absolutely sure he's actually upset. His "nevermind" response gave me more of an idea that he was only slightly so. Not that it matters, but I do care about him. Responding the way people need is important, even on a message board.

How completely falsehearted. You double what'ed him exactly so he would back down with a "nevermind" because he was unmistakably bemoaning the very clique you beg for approbation from, "Jackie". Is that why you changed your name? Because they couldn't get it right?

You ain't gonna win, Gabrielle. She's more intelligent than you.

I had something to do with her changing her name away from the Jack themed names?

And she listened to you? Saucy Jacky is her original username she should stick to it.

He's never backed down with a "nevermind" before when asked for more information. He is usually a very outspoken guy. He was putting down both sides of the alleged battle, of which I am already a part of one. Approbation is unneeded.

You're Klam, right? I haven't seen others here put periods outside of quotation marks, as you do. I don't know you, and I accept that you don't know me, so you are free to feel however you will. I changed my handle because Cerridwen is my patron deity, and is the username I already have used for years on other sites. People here call me Saucy, Jacky, Bitch, it doesn't really matter which. They still call me Jacky despite the official change. I quite like that it's become a second name.

Oh please, with you? You've just blown through the roof of disingenuous into the ionosphere of insincere. How difficult is it to be real? Mechanic has neverminded people he likes a whole lot less than you, when single what'ed. The grass is not blue just because you say so.

I fully accept that she's a checkered lab rat…

Exactly. He likes me–and knows I like him–and therefore is usually open with me. I didn't expect this time to be any different.

He had already been plenty open in his op and you said you understood him fine. Did you feel he summed you up a little too perfectly in his op? It hadn't occurred to me that the "verbosity" line was about you, but that's about the only shot in the dark I can take as to why you replied "What?" "What cliques?" to a clear expression of his feelings you say you understood.

Saucy is very cliquish. She loves her soapbox. I like soapbox too but not as much as her and others do.

There are various cliques within soapbox.

Saucy is part of rocket patrick clique, the newer crowd.

Gameboy, me, chicka, steve, drew, gwnyc, others part of the old crowd.

but chicka had her own private clique too with nl patty and others

then paulus had his clique

soapbox is full of cliques within cliques backstabbing each other.

where's chicka btw? she dont post as much nowadays. She used to leave like this.

Please. Mechanic has said much worse than that in the past. He makes it very clear when he's speaking of someone specific. His post wasn't meant to be insulting, it was an expression of hurt. You'll know when Kirk is insulting you.

There's only so many times I can provide the same answers to the same questions without feeling as though I'm slamming my head into a brick wall. Willing obtuseness does not make for a good argument.

If mechanic had weapons he would destroy cliques or boards if possible. luckily he has a job to stop obsessing over this.

I think someone could stop most things if given a weapon.

Yes, I already had said it was a clear expression of hurt feelings to which you falsely replied "What?". I agree, playing dumb doesn't suit you.

I respond similarly in real life. If someone says something absurd, or self-deprecating, my go-to is to question the source of such a needlessly-negative remark. "What" both adds levity and allows the person feeling low to recognise that others do not share the same viewpoint. "What cliques" could have been phrased better, but it was late and seemed a fitting enough way to assert my already-established belief that there are no cliques here. In my mind, it was an apt segue to assuring M that he was neither excluded nor seen as being lesser.

It may sound ridiculous, but it's simply the way I respond to self-deprecation. I admit to not being very good at it, but the attempt was genuine. It's likely a mistake to reveal something as personal as my style of comforting someone, but I do feel the need to establish that I was genuinely intending to help Kirk. He's a good guy. He just gets down sometimes, as we all do. I don't think anybody on this board has shown as much growth as he has. I certainly haven't.

Tl;dr, I know. I'm not feeling particularly negative, so I'd like to extend a thank-you for providing a genuinely engaging discussion. It's fun to butt heads with someone who is likely smarter than you are. I appreciate being put on the defensive.

Next time you remember he's a good guy and can see he's feeling down, as you say you know he sometimes gets, might I recommend a "I hope you feel better, Mechanic," or the like?

Will do.

Disingenuous? Have you seen her running to her clique wearing undies only see me naked soapbox see me naked!

Jacky this thread was never meant as a put down to anyone specific.I guess sometimes in the drama of certain things on this board over shadows other posters threads,like movies or posting songs.Thats all,I like most posters from both boards,sorry if it came out sounding different.Luv ya my board friend 😊

Durrrrrrrrr

I know, hon. You're good-natured; it was clear you meant no harm. You don't owe anyone an apology. Luv you too!

Look at the 50 year old man crying about not being included in "cliques" 😂

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I'm not Rocket and don't give me the kissing smiley you queer.

GAY!

I'd like to blow some ideas off ya. I've written them down on these hard cocks….

Reported for blatant sodomy.