Clint Eastwood : Liberals still hate Clint because of the Empty Chair skit.

Liberals still hate Clint because of the Empty Chair skit.

I finally read the Esquire article and to me Clin 5b4 t came off more like a grumpy old man than a big racist. And he didn't do a full endorsement of Trump either like some would believe. He did say that Trump has said some stupid stuff. But even if Clint is voting for Trump who cares. It's a free country and every citizen has the right to vote for whoever they want.

I think Clint already took the place of Charleton Heston with ultra liberals when he did the empty chair skit four years ago.

Re: Liberals still hate Clint because of the Empty Chair skit.

Liberals have nothing better to do than complain and vilify anyone who isn't in the same boat with them. They're all bark with no bite. Of course I'm talking about the extremists only.

Liberals have nothing better to do than complain and vilify anyone who isn't in the same boat with them.

Something no conservative does, ever.

I finally read the Esquire article and to me Clint came off more like a grumpy old man than a big racist.

Interesting how they try and characterize him that way. Not only has Clint always spoken out about equal rights, he put his money where his mouth is with casting. In the early 70's he made a point of having co-stars in films that were black, American Indian, hispanic, and Asian....decisions that the studio was against, but he stood his ground.

These days, it doesn't take any courage to stand up for equal rights because....well....it's kinda expected today. Real courage is standing up for such a thing in a time when that kind of thing was still frowned upon. So....to anyone who claims he's a racist, I say this.....he put his money where his mouth was at risk to his own career. None of these people calling him "racist" have ever done the same because they have never even lived in a time where a man would risk his career by making a stand....as Clint did.

What a load of crap. All those races were cast in movies before Eastwood came along.

Ever seen a James Bond movie from the 60's?

Little Big Man knocked the door down for the way Native Americans were treated in movies 6 years before he even made Josey Wales.

The only reason he had a black partner in Magnum Force was because of the racist claims against Dirty Harry because the blacks were either gay or robbers.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Funny how you want to criticize all liberals as morons by purposely misunderstanding that entire sideshow event, then go on to say that "free country" thing. Seems like you love that First Amendment when it comes to whatever Trump says or whoever wants to support him, but you lose you minds when a "liberal" uses that same freedome of speech. Guess it only applies when they're agreeing with you.

I'm a liberal and I had no problem with the empty chair skit. I also have no problem with celebrities having their own opinions. In fact, I really don't care where any of them stand politically. All I care is that I like their work, and that's it.

Indeed. I don't personally agree with most of Eastwood's political views, but he's as entitled to have, hold, and share those views as anyone else is, and his politics have absolutely no bearing on the huge amount of admiration I have for him as an actor, director, musician, or human being. After all, if you can't respect someone just because they are different from you in some ways, then that says a lot more about you and your own limitations than it does about them and theirs.

In fact, the only people whose politics are a problem, in my view, are those, from whatever political persuas 5b4 ion, who seem to think that only their views are relevant and should be heard, and that all opposing or different views are to be treated as threats, and are things to try to silence, shame, attack, or ridicule. Disagreeing or debating with an opposition viewpoint is perfectly fine and valid, especially when respectfully done, but trying to diminish, devalue or outright quash all opposing thoughts, views, and ideas absolutely is not, ever. In fact, it is the very enemy of democracy and the ideal of freedom that we are all supposed to hold so very dear.

Democracy only ever truly works when all voices are equally free to be expressed and heard. This whole partisan, extremist, obstructionist 'us or them' political and personal divide that has grown wider and wider in recent years ultimately does none of us any favours in the long run. We really need to get back to respecting each others differences, and the right to those differences, rather than lashing out and attacking them. Alas the chances of any of that actually happening any time soon in the kind of numbers needed to help cement such change in the current climate appears ever more remote with each passing day, more's the pity.

I'm not a liberal and I think Clint is a hack director nowadays. Unforgiven was and still is amazing, but it's the only movie of his that I actually liked. It's not a left/right thing with me but a good art/bad art thing.

Unforgiven is great though. And for me, it always will be. But Sully was an exploitive hack job and American Sniper was an outright lie. Not a fan of his portrayal of the NTSB and Chris Kyle is a known fraud.

Re:Empty Chair skit.

clinti was OUTSMARTED BY A CHAiR.

by jsl_99 » August 19, 2016 08:50 PM
I bet Trump wins the Presidency.

"Liberals" don't hate Clint for that skit, they just laugh their asses off over it.

But even if Clint is voting for Trump who cares. It's a free country and every citizen has the right to vote for whoever they want.

Nobody said that he didn't, but he can still be criticized and ostracized for it. That's other people's rights although conservatives only recognize "rights" for other conservatives.

By the way "liberal" has just come to mean anyone who is not an extreme right-wing delusional Trump supporter. A "liberal" is anyone who believes hurricanes and tornadoes are caused by atmospheric disturbances and not gay marriage.

Eastwood gets a lot of backlash today because people think he's some kind of trump supporting, gun loving god warrior.

He never actually said he would vote for trump. He said he would pick him over Hillary.

He has stated [since 1973] that he supports gun control.

And has also stated that he doesn't have any religious beliefs.

It's just another example of people not checking out the facts. Eastwood is an independent thinker.

I'm in that Still List!

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

Even if you are a con or Repub. you gotta admit that just looked silly, stupid and ridiculous.