Classic Film : Hello Out There!

Hello Out There!

I'm testing to see if anyone's here and wants to talk classic film. We can start anywhere, from early talkies to war films, musicals to bug eyed monsters. I have no preference so long as we get started.

Re: Hello Out There!

is spider-man 2 old enough to be a classic yet? cuz i looove that film. if not, since you said we can start the discussion anywhere, why not start from the beginning and work our way up?

the first movie ever made, by thomas edison:

thoughts? personally, i found it to be shallow and pedantic

Re: Re: Hello Out There!

Yes, I agree. Rather repetitious, too, don't you think?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Re: Re: Hello Out There!

i read tesla actually made a film before him, but it was so avant-garde, he was hesitant to release it thinking people wouldn't get it.

How about, Hello DOWN There (1969)?

Tony Randall, Janet Leigh, Roddy McDowell, Jim Backus, Ken Berry, Charlotte Rae, Richard Dreyfuss, Merv Griffin

Is this really an IMDb board or am I hallucinating? I feel like James Cole in Twelve Monkeys.

love that show

Hi Rufus, tele and everyone!

Sorta feels like the old board! I followed a link on v2.0 and am glad I did!

Hope to see a lot of the former CFB here!!

Hi MiketheMechanic! Despite a lot of improvement still needed, I feel at home with this nested format. The other forums, I still haven't getting used to the thread navigation.

Hi Rufus!

Yes, I feel the same way, love the nested format and still have to get used to the navigation but it's the closest format to the CFB that I've seen yet.

Hopefully, more from the CFB will find this site!

Spiderwort here!

Hey, Rufus, Mike, Tele, and everyone. I just found this place and it looks so much easier than IMDB 2. I hope you will all hang around and we can share some great conversations.

Hi

Hi to all.

Just saying hi, mike, and I like this format. Hope we can have some good chats here.

Hi spiderwort!

I like this format too, hopefully it will be around for a while and more from the CFB will join us!!

Great to see you!!!!

Hi from Spiderwort

Tele, I just found this place. Love the nest format. I'd love to spend time here, talking films with you and others. I'll probably roll some of my threads from the other site over.

Hi Spiderwort! This is a great site and I haven't used it to its fullest potential thus far. Another IMDB-like site, MovieChat. org got my attention first but I lost my password around a week ago, have twice e-mailed the admin about this, haven't got a response, thus I'm locked out for good for the time being. This place needs some good PR.It's good to see new members.

Hey, there! Good to hear from you here. I think I really like this place, but I'm not sure about not being able to delete, etc. But I'm willing to give it a try. The nest format is so much easier. As I said somewhere here, I'll probably bring some of my posts on IMDB 2 over here. And maybe if we PM some people we can get them over here, too. Lord, this has been a journey. I've started more threads on the other site just to try to keep it running than I ever did in nearly 17 years on IMDB. Anyway, it's good to know this is here and I'll hang out as much as I can and, if I can, get some others to come over. If this doesn't work, at least we can continue at IMDB 2.

I completely agree about the nested format.

Here's why this site is much stronger, imho:

- nested format
- archived discussions from the old board
- ability to create discussions for many individual titles, not just general categories like "Classic Film" —> this is by far the strongest point
- admin seems receptive (so far) and is a real character (and I mean that in a good way)

The main thing missing at this point is a large number of contributors. Hopefully folks will see the light, and they'll eventually join in here.

Another reason to love this site, we can do this:

P.S.

Can't figure out how to edit. Tried before and ended up with two posts. Any suggestions?

Welcome, spiderwort!

I don't think there's an edit capability yet. The admininstrator (nimda) seems pretty receptive to suggestions, though. There are a few threads where you can chime in in the Suggestions and General Discussion boards. We've already asked for the ability to edit and preview (and also to delete) posts. Go there and add in your suggestions.

Thanks, radix. I'll check it out.

i see 'edit' next to 'reply' on the post i published below. do you all not see it on yours?

Ah, you're right, zo. I didn't see it before because I had not yet posted.
After you post, the option to edit appears.

Yes, radix, I finally figured out that, too.

I believe you're able to edit within the first few minutes of posting. Nimda, please advise.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Ok thanks, just noticed that! I thought we could only edit a few minutes after posting.

Great job!

hi, classic film!

Hi all and thx for the pm about this site on the other board, spider. Just went to the Pillow Talk-board and posted a reply to an old thread there! Amazing and great that the old messages are all there and hope it will attract more users so all the movie-boards becomes more active again.

Welcome, shield. Glad to see you here. Hopefully we can help get this board on its feet.