War of the Planet of the Apes : Do You Side With Koba?

Do You Side With Koba?

I definitely sympathize with Koba and strongly side with him. I think he's 100% spot-on with what he says about humans and how he feels about them and who can blame him. Honestly, in Dawn Of The POTA I was completely on his side and it's one of the times in any movie I hoped the villain would be completely successful (and for most of it he was). I don't think every human in the world is evil no, but with so many of the terrible ones and our dark history, it's hard not to think Koba is right and be on his side and think the world would be benefit from an ape uprising to usurp humanity. I wish he was real and would lead a real ape uprising and revolt against mankind.

Re: Do You Side With Koba?

With retards voting Donald Trump as president Koba is right about humans.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

So spot-on Hell, why can't Koba run for President next election.

Na thank God Hillary Emails Clinton is NOT the President and thank god Trump is.

+1

I agreed with his hate of humans but was bothered by his lack of empathy towards his fellow apes. I hated that scene where he kills Rocket's son and wasn't a fan of how he treated the apes pinned under the debris in the building at the end. I think they would have made him an even better villain than he already was if he was violently protective of the apes--I understand his hate consumed him in the end but I think that would have been a better motivation

I think that's what it was, his hate consumed him to the point he was violent to even some of the other apes. He became completely psychopathic.

I got why he was angry but he certainly played an active role in creating the worst case scenario he supposedly feared to begin with. With relish too so I always thought Koba was secretly plotting to depose Caesar for some time before the events of DOTPOTA.

The villainy you teach me I will execute-and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

While he is right about the humans, HE proves that he is wrong about apes. He proves that he is no better than humans (by killing another ape) and therefore proves that apes are no better than humans

All I will say is that he is nearly 100% about humanity. If this past year has been any indication, makes you wonder if the world would be better off with us.

That's something I've felt for most of my life and this past year has only re-enforced that view for me.

While he is right about the humans, HE proves that he is wrong about apes. He proves that he is no better than humans (by killing another ape) and therefore proves that apes are no better than humans

I think if not for the humans who stumbled onto the apes' turf, Koba would've never regressed to his psychopathic and violent self which had remained suppressed prior to then.

As Agent Smith said, human beings are a disease. After living through this past decade, who would have thought he would be right?

He's been right and I think especially now we're seeing that.

Indeed. For every good person/ or good deed that happens in this world, there are just as many bad/horrible things that happen too.

I don't think every single human in the world is bad no, but it's hard not to be convinced most are with all the evil that goes on in it.

Indeed.

And sadly I think the ugly side of mankind will truly dominate as a result of the election's outcome.

It's really starting to look like that. The fact that people honestly elected a guy like Trump as President just reinforces my increasing lack of faith in Humanity. And I truly want to believe in the better side of humanity, I really do. But alas, here we are.

I think 2016 is the year that's declared out loud humanity as a whole sucks.

Indeed. Most people, not everyone of course, but most people are either too ignorant, arrogant, or are just too blind by their own perspectives to see the bigger picture.

sir, look back in the past and you'll find the world is a hell of alot better than it used to be

this decade hahahahahah, theres been alot worse in the past than the last 10 years

I think if not for the humans who stumbled onto the apes' turf, Koba would've never regressed to his psychopathic and violent self which had remained suppressed prior to then.

I don't know about that. Koba already seemed to be acting out on a small scale. Questioning Ceaser and seeking to win favor with the other apes. I think he wanted to replace Ceaser long before, but the humans arriving stepped up his plan.

The message of the last movie, though, was that the apes are the same as the humans. No better, no worse.

In reality, humans are just another species of great ape! So it makes no sense to say the world would be better with non-human apes in charge instead of human apes in charge.

It'll still be a planet of the apes, no matter what happens.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

sir, look back in the past and you'll find the world is a hell of alot better than it used to be

There's the saying the more things change the more they stay the same and I think we're really seeing a lot more of that these days and will continue to.

The message of the last movie, though, was that the apes are the same as the humans. No better, no worse.

Arguably prior to their run-ins with the humans in Dawn, you could argue the apes were better as they lived peacefully with no conflict and Koba's violent side was kept in-check. His downfall was he let his violent streak and hegemony get in the way.

OMG how? I actually hated Koba so much. I watch a lot of movies and I seriously can't think of a character that I have hated that much in a long long time... he's a completes a**hole

How can I not side with him? He's spot-on with what he says about humans and moreso than ever in recent times. I was rooting so hard for him in Dawn and I was honestly disappointed he lost to Caesar in the end because I truly wanted to see him completely successful in his goals. This side of Ultron and Magneto, I can't think of a fictional character I relate to so much and wish was real.

My top villains that I somewhat relate to are 1. Magneto and 2. Madara from Naruto.

The reason I related with Madara was because he realized that peace was impossible mainly because he believed that there was too much hatred in the world. A cycle of hatred that would keep people from truly understanding one another. He realized that mankind would be better off being in a dreamlike state. That way there would be no more conflict because everyone would be practically in suspended animation. Therefore, the world would be finally at peace.

I personally liked that plan.

Indeed. Most people, not everyone of course, but most people are either too ignorant, arrogant, or are just too blind by their own perspectives to see the bigger picture.

So true and I think we're especially seeing more of that. I always look at it this way, for every 100, 000 humans who are decent and well-meaning individuals (people like military and first responders, charity workers and the like), you've got hundreds of millions more who aren't. And human history pretty such says it all. We're the species that consists of the likes of the Nazi regime, Communist and fascist regimes, other hateful groups like the KKK, Neo-Nazis, corrupt politicians (on all sides of the spectrum but especially the extreme/Alt Right) and disgusting people like sex offenders and child/animal abusers. Then you look at human-committed atrocities like the Salem Witch trials, the Inquisition, the Holocaust, slavery, etc. With people and events like this it's hard not to think Koba is absolutely right with what he says and even with his actions.

On the subject of Magneto, I think if he and Koba ever met they'd be two peas in a pod with how similar their views and goals are.

A cycle of hatred that would keep people from truly understanding one another. He realized that mankind would be better off being in a dreamlike state. That way there would be no more conflict because everyone would be practically in suspended animation. Therefore, the world would be finally at peace.

I think more than ever this is sadly true and people like the ones Madara hates are so much more abundant these days.

Indeed. And the thing about Madara was that, while he didn't hate mankind, he realized that in the current state the world was in, humanity couldn't be trusted with its own freedom. In essence, he wanted to save humanity from itself. So, he came up with a plan that would have everyone be put under a dreamlike state where they wouldn't have fight or argue with each other. That way, he saved lives by having removed the source of conflict all together.

When you really think about it, it wasn't that bad of a plan.

Oh, and people in general, can sometimes prove to be annoying. That can tie into them being so ignorant, uptight, arrogant, etc.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Indeed. And the thing about Madara was that, while he didn't hate mankind, he realized that in the current state the world was in, humanity couldn't be trusted with its own freedom. In essence, he wanted to save humanity from itself. So, he came up with a plan that would have everyone be put under a dreamlike state where they wouldn't have fight or argue with each other. That way, he saved lives by having removed the source of conflict all together.

When you really think about it, it wasn't that bad of a plan.

It's not a bad plan at all. Conflict both physical and intellectual has gotten out of hand and I don't see that ever changing.

Oh, and people in general, can sometimes prove to be annoying. That can tie into them being so ignorant, uptight, arrogant, etc.

This is all too true and especially with people from certain walks of life.

Although I agree he has suffered at the hands of humans and only seen their bad side unlike Caesar I wouldn't side with him. He thinks all humans are evil but he acts like a human baddie when he tries to kill Caesar and starts a war between apes and humans.

An encounter with the bad side of mankind is all it takes. An experience with one bad human is enough to make anybody hate the species as a whole and warp their view of the whole of humanity.

Indeed. Almost forgot about this, but on top of complaining about pretty much EVERYTHING, people today are also very greedy and see themselves as self entitled. For example, when movies comes out, and everything points to that particular movie being good, there are people who will claim that the movie is horrible or going to be a disappointment. They'll say how a movie or video game should be this particular way, and if not, it's going to be bad. Like really? Examples : War for the Planet of the Apes or Alien Covenant.

And back to people being greedy, it seems that on top of everything else, they just can't have enough. There are some who claim that they need more and more of something. When really, that couldn't be further from the truth.

He killed Ash! Conversation over.
If Caesar threw Ash over the side like that, would you side with Caesar?

Indeed. Almost forgot about this, but on top of complaining about pretty much EVERYTHING, people today are also very greedy and see themselves as self entitled. For example, when movies comes out, and everything points to that particular movie being good, there are people who will claim that the movie is horrible or going to be a disappointment. They'll say how a movie or video game should be this particular way, and if not, it's going to be bad. Like really? Examples : War for the Planet of the Apes or Alien Covenant.

And back to people being greedy, it seems that on top of everything else, they just can't have enough. There are some who claim that they need more and more of something. When really, that couldn't be further from the truth.

I blame a lot of this on how materialistic our society is. So many people think the world revolves around them and that the floor they walk should be kissed.

He killed Ash! Conversation over.
If Caesar threw Ash over the side like that, would you side with Caesar?

He definitely went too far with killing Ash, but I still find it easy to agree and side with Koba in regards to his views about humans and his actions against them. If he hadn't led the apes against the humans chances are the humans with their arrogance and superiority complex would've triggered a pre-emptive conflict with the apes first.

In regards to Caesar, if he had the same reasons as Koba I'd feel largely the same.

Indeed.

Seeing the trailer for War, it's easy to see humans as being the real enemy and aggressor. It seems what Koba warned the apes about is coming true in War.

Oh yes. It sure seems that way. Through, their are people who don't see the underlining message in this movie.

I just realized something too by watching the trailer. When you really look at the history of the world, mainly human history, it's a history of violents. People can't seem to stop and think things through. They rather get into conflicts rather than looking for diplomatic solutions. Especially today.

I try telling people that if we don't try to change for the better, it will only lead to disaster. Unfortunately, they don't see it like that. As this past election pretty much exemplified, they want change but in the worst possible way.

This is why I'm glad people don't have super human abilities. If we did, there would conflicts every single day, but worst.

Oh yes. It sure seems that way. Through, their are people who don't see the underlining message in this movie.

I just realized something too by watching the trailer. When you really look at the history of the world, mainly human history, it's a history of violents. People can't seem to stop and think things through. They rather get into conflicts rather than looking for diplomatic solutions. Especially today.

I try telling people that if we don't try to change for the better, it will only lead to disaster. Unfortunately, they don't see it like that. As this past election pretty much exemplified, they want change but in the worst possible way.

Humans are naturally violent and primitive both with their nature and way of thinking. It's why there's always been non-stop conflict in the world throughout history. Human history and current events unfortunately speak for themselves and you have certain groups who really do represent the absolute worst of mankind.

This is why I'm glad people don't have super human abilities. If we did, there would conflicts every single day, but worst.

Humans with superpowers in real-life is honestly a scary thought. We'd see so many more supervillains and criminals than heroes.

Indeed. Honestly, I'm starting to believe Ultron was right about humans. We truly are an Arrogant and ignorant bunch.
Its as he said: We humans have failed as a species. I used to think he was wrong, but now I'm not all that sure.

Ultron is another villain I side with completely. It's scary in a way how spot-on he is about humanity. In Age Of Ultron I was honestly disappointed when he was defeated. With the way things are in the world it's hard not to wish he was real.

Koba's issue was that he generalised that all humans are evil, just like this past year people have been generalising all Muslims are terrorists, or all Trump supporters are racists. Generalising is what caused Koba to become a lunatic, and the OP, along with a lot of other people replying are doing just that, generalising all people are evil, whilst accusing others of not being able to get past their own ignorance, hypocrisy much? OP, you basically are Koba. Just as Koba was a stain on the abe world because of his ignorance, you are actually a stain on humanity.

It's hard not to be convinced the bulk of mankind is evil and destructive with our history and current events. Humans have a tenedency to generalize too and hate what's different from them. Things like wars, hatred and greed exist because of humans. So damn right I'm going to be generalizing towards humans.

I take that as an honor to be called a stain on humanity and to be compared to Koba Being a human is nothing to be happy about.

Koba's fears might not have been entirely unfounded, but they were largely based on his own personal experiences and thus very biased. He did not even try to be objective and he overlooked that not every human is the same, that the society of apes and humans alike has evolved. Basically, he was trying to make a decision about the direction of a large community based on his own subjective past trauma and prejudice. On pure, clouded emotion. Not based on different factors as well. That is not what a smart leader does.

Caesar was willing to let bygones be bygones. He was trying to see the bigger picture instead of being focused blindly on past experiences. He understood that both sides have been apart some time, have grown in their own way, could use each other's help and he was willing to give it a shot. Step by step, slowly build the relationship. It was a responsible, educated and wise approach.

Unfortunately, such approach is often pushed to the side, because the masses are easily manipulated, dumb and impatient. So a semi-smart ignorant who is overly ambitious is thus able to get ahead with hysterical and very wrong rhetoric over people with a smarter approach. Such is life.

Laura:You left a dead prostitute buried alone in the desert?
Kyle:She's not alone.

An experience with one bad human is enough to make anyone hate the species as a whole and when such experiences are recurrant a person can absolutely hate the whole of mankind. Koba may have been biased but I think he has a right to be considering how terrible so many humans are, more than enough evil ones exist for one to loathe the species as a whole. I think even if not for his actions in Dawn the war scenario that's now in War would probably still happen since humans by nature have a superiority complex and take what isn't their's.

No matter what we do. No matter what we did. I'll always side with humanity.

Evil is another way to spell live after all.

I could never bring myself to be on the side of mankind with we've done and continue to do and always will do.