Logan : Rating now offical per mangold tweet

Rating now offical per mangold tweet

Re: Rating now offical per mangold tweet

It was rated R before anyways.. they showed red band trailers and the majority of red band trailers from films are rated R.

The REDBAND kinds of confirms it anyways.

But always great to hear it again

Oh I wasn't saying I doubted the r I just thought some would be intrested is seeing the official mpaa content description
You must die in order to live.

Yep once something has a redband, it pretty much confirms it there. This was confirmed almost a year go. After the success of Deadpool, it opened it up for other R rated superhero movies.

The movie was planned to be more realistic ( for a Wolverine story) before the release of Deadpool. Mangold co-wrote the screenplay which drew on part-themes of realism and violence in the context of a Wolverine story, while also including relationships as another well-grounded theme in the script.

But it probably made FOX more comfortable to know that this variation from their XMen franchise movies could have its own market, given the success of Deadpool.

I wonder, assuming the box office and critical success for LOGAN, whether Hollywood may do some rethinking on the kind of fare they would like to explore in the future for this genre. Movies which are either PG-13 or R??