Logan : Hugh Jackman Says Logan Is Set In Different Universe From X-Men Films !!

Hugh Jackman Says Logan Is Set In Different Universe From X-Men Films !!

WTF ! I don't like this a bit ! This is the last time we will see ''Wolverine'' and it's not even THAT Wolverine, that we learned to love and care about. This is some bullsh!t !

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/21/hugh-jackman-logan-wolverine-alternate-universe-x-men/

Re: Hugh Jackman Says Logan Is Set In Different Universe From X-Men Film

This is great, because the X-Men Logan you know and love from all the other movies is a different universe, Logan (2017) is set in a alternate universe, just like the comics.

Because the Logan you know do not age, he is immortal, but in this movie he is not immortal and he has scars, and the Logan you love does not have scars, his scars also disappears.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_Logan

This is great, because the X-Men Logan you know and love from all the other movies is a different universe, Logan (2017) is set in a alternate universe, just like the comics.

Because the Logan you know do not age, he is immortal, but in this movie he is not immortal and he has scars, and the Logan you love does not have scars, his scars also disappears.

Makes sense. The only time you actually saw him being vulnerable was in The Wolverine, but this was because of that mechanical thing on his heart, which Viper had sneaked inside of his body.
But once that one was removed, Logan could heal rapidly again.

Because the Logan you know do not age, he is immortal

Wolverine has never been immortal. He ages at a very slow rate, there is a big difference. That was stated very clearly in the first movie and the comics.

--------------------------------
dies ist meine unterschrift

Considering that the X-Men timeline is a complete clusterf#ck, I'd call this a good thing. It allows them the freedom to make an honest movie without being caught up in a tangled web of already shaky continuity.

Yes that also.

"LOGAN" could be the real sequel to:

TIMELINE PRIME A (ALPHA)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men
X2
X-Men: The Last Stand

Indeed, "Logan" could be set in a time (2029) before the MYSTERIOUS MUTANT would travel back in time (1903 or 1913) and turn TIMELINE PRIME A into TIMELINE PRIME B (BETA):

X-Men: First Class
A variant of 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' (no Wade Wilson)
A variant of 'X-Men' (The Statue of Liberty flashbacks in DOFP and Logan)
A variant of 'X2' (DOFP Wolverine flashbacks)
A variant of 'X-Men: The Last Stand' (DOFP Wolverine flashbacks)
The Wolverine
DOFP Post-Apocalyptic 2023

This would also explain why Logan keeps an Adamantium-laced bullet with him. That is the exact bullet from the original version of 'X-MEN ORIGINS'.

------------------------------------->

The X-Men timeline was altered 2 times, not just one (DOFP).
FIRST CLASS was already a "divergence".
Everything is explained here:

THE X-MEN CINEMATIC TIMELINES
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com

Nah, I would not put Wolverine Origins into the X-Men trilogy timeline, because of Sibertooth. He was totally different in X-Men than in Origins, and in Origins he was Logan's brother.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I think what Jackman said ( " slightly different universe" and different "time frame") has been misconstrued ( even by the reporter who wrote the article for DigitalSpy ( the original source of the article). Best to view the actual interview. YOu might also check the misleading writeup by Digital Spy ( I wonder why they did that?)

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wolverine/news/a819480/hugh-jackman-says-logan-different-universe-x-men-films/

James Mangold has also issued clarifications that it is the time setting which is different ( 6 years from DOFP's 2023 ending).

It is the same character. He said it is an independent movie because they didn't want to worry about trying to connect everything, especially since there are going to be more movies down the line. Fans can interpret this movie how they want, but it is definitely the same character and the basis is the same. They should have just made numerous movies with the original cast, but they went in a different route and it screwed everything.

It is the same character. He said it is an independent movie because they didn't want to worry about trying to connect everything, especially since there are going to be more movies down the line. Fans can interpret this movie how they want, but it is definitely the same character and the basis is the same. They should have just made numerous movies with the original cast, but they went in a different route and it screwed everything.

Right!

X-MEN MOVIE TIMELINES - Continuity explained!
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com

Hey Nerds - NEWSFLASH - X-Men don;t exist. Wolverine does not exist. There is no timeline.

My god, it's just a movie. Stop jizzing yourself already.

If wanting illegals deported makes me a bigot - then wanting a rapist jailed makes you a sexist!

There was a time when people went to a movie to see a story. These days, they go to solve a puzzle.

How true

They even try to solve the puzzle even before they have seen the movie

It's a sequence of random images.

I think it's just promoting the film, they don't want us to know that X-23 will be in X-Force, and X-Force will likely be a two-parter, and they don't want us to know that when Cable brings X-23 to the past to stop Mr. Sinister and finally save the series/mutants for good, Logan will somehow be killed so that they never meet, but maybe the end of X-Force 2 is Laura and Logan reunited in the past? (of course we don't see his face)
Man, that would be awesome, I think we'll see Cable at the end of this movie too, they're setting us up for this movie and the whole franchise really well. One month and we'll find out.

And maybe Fox is planning this:

Deadpool 2 (2018)
X-Men: The New Mutants (2018)
X-Men 7 (2019)
Gambit (2019)
X-Force (2020)
Deadpool 3 (2020)
X-Men 8 (2021)
X-Force 2 (2021)

Legion
X-Men - young mutants on the run (Logan prequel)
X-Men - some other tv show

No he didn't…Did you read the entire interview?

It’s a stand alone movie in many ways. It’s not really beholden to time lines and story lines in the other movies. Obviously Patrick Stewart was in there so we have some crossover but it feels very different and very fresh. [Following the timelines] becomes a chess game that you try to serve, which actually doesn’t help to tell a story and it’s sort of been a bit all over the place. I’m not critical of it – X-Men was the first movie really in comic book, no one thought there’d be another and there were different directors different off shoots.

http://www.slashfilm.com/logan-different-universe/