Music General : Post a song that reminds you of your parents.

Post a song that reminds you of your parents.

It can be a song you associate with your mother or your father or both because of the lyrics or because it was a favorite song of theirs.

My mother loved ABBA a lot. She would hear their Gold Greatest Hits album a lot. Not sure if she still likes them. I do know she’s always loved The Bee Gees. Even to this date.

❤️Joy to the boards the PAGG has cum

Re: Post a song that reminds you of your parents.

My mother had a classical music education, in piano. As a kid I remember this Chopin piece. This woman here is pretty good:

I used to play that piece. After years of not having a keyboard, it's gone now. This is the Chopin waltz I played best:

[center][poll] multiple [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup][/sup] [u][/u]  

After years of not having a keyboard, it's gone now.
Yeah, piano demands constant practice. My mom kept up with her piano practice for a number of years after getting married and essentially becoming a housewife and a mother. But eventually she gave it up. To this day, though, I still remember some of the pieces she played.

So, you all know this one?

I tried to play the beginning, but I switched from piano to violin.

There was this black girl at my music school who played the beginning, and it was hilarious, in New Orleans.

½ White ½ Asian | Blog
33/f/Orlando - 5'3"-5'3½" - 139 lbs. - brunette - brown/green eyes

Yes, I know that one, Christina. It's a beautiful piece.

It's got me listening to Moonlight Sonata! I played alternate versions twice, which were at least one harder for me. One was for a musical.

½ White ½ Asian | Blog

Fantaisie Impromptu is also in C# minor. I suggest learning the waltz first, which I did. I never completely learned the fantaisie unfortunately. There's a key change when you start chasing rainbows. If you have the Minute Waltz down, Db major is no problem.

I saw Artur Rubinstein (1887-1982) perform it live back in the 70s.

That's impressive, you play! I was a piano major in college at Loyola University New Orleans.

It shouldn't be too shocking to learn, but I would use the pedal.

½ White ½ Asian | Blog

My mom's favorite song -

One of my dad's faves…I accidentally cracked his vinyl record when I was very young and he never let me forget it…even though I bought for him on CD years later -

I love the reggae 90s version of that first song

This one played all day, every day, it seemed.

Anything by Nat King Cole reminds me of my dad… he loved his singing.

My mom could play this stuff like a boss, so anything in this genre remimds me of her.

Apparently, stupid people don't know they're stupid.

My parents loved this stuff too, and it rubbed off on me. That's music!

“Unforgettable” the version with him and Natalie is my absolute favorite❤️

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

I laughed all the way through that video. I hope your parents weren't really assholes.

Sadly, one was and remains so.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

So close. I thought the very same theme, just a different song.

Die young and save yourself

This is the last song I heard my mother sing.

My Mom (They played this when she was unconscious on her deathbed at Hospice… over and over when I was there. She was only 59 and going to work with her new Mater's in Human Resources from a top private college here. I started feeling sad how long it's been since she passed away, a year.. She died from 3 kinds of cancer. She was rather petite.)

My Dad (He played these when I was in the middle of or possibly nearing the end of high school in 2002. He was a banker but he himself also played rhythm guitar when he was young. He played this one cute song and some folksy things since.)

½ White ½ Asian | Blog

My dad sang in a church choir most of his life, but also did some opera. I remember the Toreador Song because he had the sheet music. I was teaching myself French at the time.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Umm was your mother a gold digger or something?

No. LOL.

My parents were childhood sweethearts who married young. They got divorced after my siblings and I grew up and moved away from home. Since they were married for so many years, she got alimony and he got stuck with my stepmom.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Nah, I can't because my dad apparently loved jazz when he was young. But then acted like he didn't care about music when I was a kid. My mama's people were in country bands. It's a complete difference between immigrants and WASP Americans.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior