Classic Film : I did it! I found Mr. Blandings!

I did it! I found Mr. Blandings!

Finally on TCM. I don't have TCM anymore so I had to purchase it, but it's the only time I've ever seen it available. Usually it's there to rent only, and even that was only $5 less than buying it.

I've been looking for this movie for years!

Which reminds me, whatever happened to @spiderwort ? Where are the other folks we were all talking with about classic movies? :(

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

Re: I did it! I found Mr. Blandings!

When I want to watch Mr. Blandings, I always go here:

Full movie, for free. You'll never have to pay to see Mr. Blandings again.

lol

Too late. I did it this morning. I've been trying to find it for years, and it was always just available to rent. I was so happy to finally find it after all this time, I lunged!

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

Interesting.

Floridian & Westerner
christinabarrett.com

👍

I'm glad to hear that you found it, it's a great film, worthy of many repeat viewings!!

Spiderwort should be back shortly, and hopefully everyone else that hasn't posted in a while. In the meantime, let's continue to discuss classic films! 👍

Mike, as I said to to Lilith, I'm traveling and haven't had time to show up here. Just wanted to poke my head in today to see what's been going on. Another month or so things should be back to normal.

In the meantime, please, all of you, continue to discuss classic films! 🙂

I hope you're having a great time, spider! Safe travels and we'll try to hold the fort down for your return!

Thanks, Mike. You're the best.

An excellent film!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Slava Ukraini

Glad you found it, Lilith. I've seen it a bunch of times, thanks to TCM airing it several times a year for the past many years. It seems to be one of the staples of their lineup. Good film, but I don't think I'll be watching it again anytime soon.

🙂

I've been traveling, Lilith, and still am, but thought I'd poke my head in for a moment. Should be back in a month or so. Glad to see activity here.

And so glad you found Mr. Blandings! I'm about ready for another viewing of that wonderful classic.

Happy travels, Spiderwort. Stay safe and have fun.

I was so excited to find Mr. Blandings since I've been looking for this movie for so many years but it was only available to rent.

I think it's also pretty nifty that it can take something this simple to make me very happy!

Looking forward to your return!

Thanks, Lilith. And hope to be back soon. Have a pretty full plate right now with this, that, and the other. Btw, hope you've seen the new version of LITTLE WOMEN. I think it's a beauty (though the 1994 version is still my favorite). And for my money Greta Gerwig is a directorial force to contend with, female or male. She should have gotten both Oscar and DGA noms for it. I don't even want to vote this year.

Thanks again for your good wishes. Take care.

Spider! We've missed you around here. How nice to see you checking in. Looking forward to when you're able to return.

Good luck with your this, that, and everything else on your full table.

I have this one in my collection! I absolutely LOVE Cary Grant and Myrna Loy in this movie!

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

I always thought their chemistry was great. I also thought, who else but Cary Grant can you watch for 3 minutes in the bathroom doing nothing but brush his teeth and not be bored and enjoy the whole thing?

I loved it when Myrna was picking out paint colours.

This is one of my favourite movies. I've been searching for it for ages so I had to get it.

I loved it when Myrna was picking out paint colours.

That scene is priceless!
Do you remember that Sherwin Williams commercial from the 80s?
I believe I saw that before the movie.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I don't think I recall that commercial. I just tried to do a search for it, can't find it. I'd love to see it and see the correlations. That scene was too cute for words.

I can't locate it on YouTube either. It was basically that scene, and then a short Sherwin Williams plug at the end.
It really was a cute scene.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Mr. Blandings!

The entire movie is priceless, Miss Margo. Like great wine, it's aged beautifully. The movie sparkles; and it's blessedly free from politics, (but for the line about the Republicans not having been elected yet), which is about as far as it goes. I doubt any home purchase has been so light and lively as the one in this movie, and yet it feels just right for the entirety of its running time; and the final scene, about the product Grant has fashioned a brilliantly prosaic sales pitch, sells the film. I haven't seen Mr. Blandings in a dog's age, and I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

Mr. Blandings!

Hi telegonus!
Long time, no hear from! How is this big bad world treating you?
I trust that you are safe and alright.

I haven't seen Mr. Blandings in a dog's age, and I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

Nimda/Filmboards has granted your wish!
You may watch the movie in it's entirety right here!
Happy New Year!

https://filmboards.com/board/10040613/

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Mr. Blandings!

Thanks so much, Miss Margo. I'll be watching Mr. Blandings fairly soon.

Life is up and down for. It's not so much cruel to me as heartbreaking; and I mean that regarding others less fortunate than I am; people on-line and on the streets; friends and neighbors. Not just Covid.

Yes, I'm pretty safe, albeit more isolated than I'd care to be. Booster shot was a piece of cake. No pain. Gout makes going places difficult; sometimes the pain is more worry, and in the head; and then alive and kicking, in my feet and thighs.

All things together, life is bearable, occasionally a chore; often many chores. Yet there are many good things along the way, and much beauty as well.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Mr. Blandings!

Thanks so much, Miss Margo. I remember that commercial. A nice use of a classic film to sell a product. Now if only there had been a kitchen product called Wham! Or did someone invent one already? After all, even before Blandings there was the army staple (and much later, Internet warning word), spam. Anything is possible.

Mr. Blandings!

I'm so glad that someone else remembers that commercial! I was beginning to think I had dreamed it!

Wham? Yup!

There was and still is

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: I did it! I found Mr. Blandings!…

I just put it in my queue at Netflix and moved it to the top. When it arrives and I've watched it…if I want to I can make a copy of it on my hard-drive and put it on a flash-drive. Then watch it on my BIG SCREEN tv!

"THAT'S SOME BAD SHIT, HARRY!".

Re: I did it! I found Mr. Blandings!…

I was so excited when I was finally able to get this to own. For such a simple movie, it's so enjoyable and can be watched over and over!