TV General : The Kominsky Method

The Kominsky Method

PS: Michael Douglas looks pretty fine in this. That family has really good genes.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Re: The Kominsky Method

And Alan Arkin as brilliant as ever!
What a great twosome.

Exceptional chemistry. I love Arkin's dry delivery method.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

His acting seems wooden to me. Maybe it is just the lines are so forced it comes off as unnatural. It is created by Chuck Lore which explains the sitcom style humor.

Chuck Lore is brilliant.

I'm okay with "wooden" when it comes off as dry. There are times when it works perfectly. Another example of "wooden" is Keanu. I adore him. His stiffness worked perfectly for Matrix and John Wick for example.

Sharon Stone was pretty "wooden" in most of her performance in Basic Instinct (given she's playing a psychopath), with only bouts of emotion.

A favourite genre of mine is Brit-Coms and they often rely on dry delivery and sharp dialogue, often woven with innuendo and substance.

Sherlock Holmes is always played in a "wooden" way but he's brilliantly portrayed.

Keanu isn't wooden as a bad guy, though. Have you seen The Gift (2000) and The Neon Demon? He doesn't have big roles in those movies but he's great as an asshole.

Where is Keanu in this? ^

EDIT: I just realized I put up the wrong movie! Let me go look at (2000)

Yes, absolutely! I saw Neon Demon. I do think he has a limited range, but working within that range, he's very good. I've seen him display emotions and be more than the "wooden" single dimensional actor. But I do think he isn't quite diverse. I liked him in Point Break as well. I've always been a fan of his, not just as an actor, but he seems like he's a good guy in real life.

This looks like a great movie. What a stellar cast, and exceptional director. I've never heard of this before. I'll look for it. Thank you!

I've seen this movie. You won't be disappointed!

My pleasure! It'd be good for Halloween.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

And here I am thinking this thread is about a Russian technique for getting pregnant.

Hey Diddler, Diddler….the cat and the fiddler LOL