It : Before the boards are shut down…..

Before the boards are shut down…..

I have ONE LAST question of everyone on this board. A very simple and easy one to answer.

What Stephen King books should a new reader read ?

What are your favorite novels etc. ?

What books should I definetly check out ?

Currently half way through Revival.

Thanks for any input

Re: Before the boards are shut down…..

If you haven't yet, READ THE DARK TOWER. I know it's a massive project, but it's so so worth it. That series changed my life.

I also recommend Salem's Lot, The Talisman (though it's technically a collaboration with Peter Straub), The Stand and The Shining.

But seriously though, THE DARK TOWER lol

The Shining was good, hopefully we get a straight book to movie adaptation.

Trying to find all of the Dark Tower Series in hardback. The first 3 to 4 books are difficult to find in hardback at a reasonable price.

The Shining was good, hopefully we get a straight book to movie adaptation.

There was one and it was AWFUL!

Also I think that you will soon realize this is my signature.

Honestly I think you should read King's entire catalogue. Everyone has their favourites. Mine are IT, The Stand, 11/22/63, Night Shift, Different Seasons, Four Past Midnight, Skeleton Crew, Everything's Eventual, The Long Walk.

Other authors; I love james Ellroy, particularily his Lloyd Hopkins trilogy (Blood on the Moon, Because the Night, Suicide Hill), the LA Quartet (The Black Dahlia, LA Confidential, White Jazz and The Big Nowhere) and the Underground USA trilogy (American Tabloid, The Cold Six Thousand, Blood's a Rover).

But, come over to the new IT facebook group. Most of us already joined.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StephenKingsIT2017

Already joined :) !!! I plan on reading his ENTIRE catalogue of books. Though some, for example Liseys Story, may not interest me. I will definetly be reading all of them though!

Get your hands on The Dark Tower

Books are a uniquely portable magic. ~Stephen King

The books I read were the short story books. The one with Children Of The Corn was my first one. The next one was the one that Stand By Me was based off. I read these when I was a teen so sorry if I can't remember the names.

Salems lot prequel and sequel was in it. Try those and the story itself

Different Seasons for sure