It : Venting trailer frustrations

Venting trailer frustrations

It's a movie trailer, it's not going to change my life, and I get that. That being said, I think the most frustrating part for me on this whole thing is the unwillingness to give us a date to look forward to with the trailer. I'm fine with it but being out RIGHT NOW, but I'm having difficulty understanding the lack of communication from the studio. Especially when they've been so open regarding other aspects of production. Just a date, that's all I want. That way I can stop checking 3 different websites 5 times a day. I don't have to check, but I'm compelled to. Anyone else feeling this way right now?

Re: Venting trailer frustrations

*not being out RIGHT NOW

Trailer will drop this month (I hope).

Me! I'm ridiculously frustrated as well, but I think that I've been so obsessed with this production for so long that I just forgot how to handle it like a rational person lol. They don't have to tell us anything. I'm actually thankful that they've shared as much as they did. But I'm still dying in anticipation.

That way I can stop checking 3 different websites 5 times a day. I don't have to check, but I'm compelled to.

Yep, that's me. Anxiety reigns. And the tragedy is that even after the trailer drops, we're still gonna do it. Sorry to tell ya.

I thought you did it for memes, mama

I definitely think we will get it early next month. not to much longer. if they keep releasing some pics (no more Pennywise but of other stuff) it will tide us over until then.

I completely agree. My wife tells me I'm obsessed and I can't put the book down. It just reminded me of how amazing horror once was and why I got so hooked in the first place. If the trailer is in 2 months that's fine I'm just sick of checking every day and no i can't stop because I have problems and I want to be able to put the new characters/voices in my brain while reading

So this is what entitlement looks like?

People need to calm down and get out of the house or something. The trailer will come, don't worry....

Grant discovered raptor eggs in Jurassic Park

I mean, is it? I'm not throwing a tantrum. I'm not claiming that I'm "entitled" to a trailer. I'm not harassing the Muschiettis. I'm coming to a place where discussions like this are being had to see if anyone is as anxious as I am to see this part of it.

Why are you here?

This post was clearly labeled. If this isn't holding any info that you were seeking, you could just, you know, move along. As opposed to ridiculing people for being excited and maybe a little impatient.

What? Now you're mad that I called you entitled?

Not really mad. Annoyed, but not mad. You specifically came to this board with sole purpose of being negative. When, in all likelihood, you came to the IMDB forums to check on news like the rest of us. But you see a post about venting and find an opportunity to put yourself up on a pedestal. It's a dick move, but at the end of the day, I don't know you, and have no personal stake in how you perceive me.

Gee, I dunno. How many threads about the trailer have we already had? Enough? Maybe you should start another one just in case?

Well now you seem angry. Why do you need to be such a Negative Nancy? The threads are just as much out of your control as the trailer is out of mine. The threads will stop when they stop. Hype happens. It's going to be okay.

Not angry. Just pointing out the self-centered stupidity of other internet users :D

Hahahaha, so if we're all self centered, what are you?

Aware of others self-centeredness?

The hypocrisy tickles my soul.

One man going into a room and saying "You're all self-centered!"

Good job, Negative Nancy. I'm going to stop responding to your trolling now. You have yourself a wonderful day filled with self righteousness. Just don't hurt your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.

I didn't say "You're all," but just you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4fJhbRL1g

"That's it. It bit into his arm-pit. Like It wanted to eat him, man. Like It wanted to eat his heart."

Oh, CJ. I am going to miss your retarded and redundant posts.

It sucks there's no trailer yet, but oh well.

But I will say it. As much as we've had our differences I do actually hope we both enjoy the movie. Nuf said.

"That's it. It bit into his arm-pit. Like It wanted to eat him, man. Like It wanted to eat his heart."

Yes, I was referring to you Cognito.

Not angry. Just pointing out the self-centered stupidity of other internet users :D

While overlooking your own….

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

a teaser should be out very soon...

I hope so.

Is that a fact?

Well I won't say no to the latest teasers / trailers / information / pics.

I'd welcome it with open arms but I'm just wary now of being told a teaser is coming after getting all worked up on halloween and the recent Ig "countdown" even more so that the people who have seen the movie apparantly loved it

In all of the "trailer will be next week!" hype that's been repeatedly posted for months now, I've never believed in ANY of it. IT is a film, and as anticipated as it is or not, we have to be realistic and wait for a trailer to come close enough to the screening- in the same way most other films seem to be in this style at the moment. But no, I don't know if there will be any objections with this film, being as awaited as it is.

yeup

That's right.

So funny. I was just on Facebook and saw the teaser for the second season of Stranger Things. ... You know, that show the guys who wanted to do this movie did instead? And aired? And rode the pop-culture train? And got signed onto a second season? And already started promoting it? And it comes out on Halloween? Hahaha

.... And still no teaser or anything for IT? It's a little funny.

That is pretty funny, actually. It's also interesting that Barbara was way active during the supposed "countdown" on IG and now that they've revealed it wasn't a countdown or anything close to it, both Muschiettis have been silent.

Conspiracy, I tell you! Conspiracy!

Does anyone think IT will become a huge franchise when released? You know - video games, merchandise, etc?

Merch: probably. Videogames: Let's *beep* hope not.

Depends on it's succes, I guess... Merchandise probably... Video game, I hope not...

My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I idolized him

This is why I came to read the boards here to see if there was any news of a trailer. I thought after all this time I had missed it or something. I'm going to miss these boards for that very reason. I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting the trailer.

Going to really suck if the teaser(I'm quite sure of it) comes out after the boards is shut down and not be able to discuss about it here.

Naw, I like not knowing when a big teaser is going to drop. Especially in the age where fhcking teasers have 15 second teasers announcing when the full version will be released...i hate it.