Fantasy : Horns (2014)

Horns (2014)

It never ceases to amaze me just how wonderful Daniel Radcliffe has become. An unknown actor given the opportunity of a lifetime to play Harry Potter, and unlike most of the fellow cast members (the ones who were not established), he stretched his wings! He took on Equus (a daring and provocative role, not to mention, extremely different), and a multitude of roles in a great variety of movies. He avoided becoming typecast by moving swiftly, taking proper advantage of the doors opening to him, and honing his skills. So many "child actors" when surrounded by that much power, delve into deeper pits or simply fade away.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Horns (2014)

WOW! I am only 15 minutes in, and this is very, very good. I've never seen Radcliffe like this before. It's such a wild ride, this movie. It starts right out of the gate, as well.

This is so weird. What a twisted flick. I have no idea where this is going, but the acting is exceptional!

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

I remember liking this. Never got around to rewatching it, though.

This is a very wild ride. It's so trippy. It's also so strange seeing Radcliffe in such a role. I love it.

This is so weird. What a bizarre flick…

Another wtf is watching Elijah Wood in the Maniac remake. Not your first casting thought for a total lunatic.

I'm really baffled by this movie, Loki. What's up with all the snakes? Right now, he's trying to take them off by ramming into concrete. He's been slowly getting surrounded by snakes more and more.

Oh, and the theme to Vikings is now playing in the background (which I love!)

He's standing there with a pitchfork, a snake wrapped around his shoulders, and they pan to Eve's diner (where the lying waitress works).

This is so unbelievably trippy!

The snakes were a tool for him if I remember right. I really should watch it again. I like the director (even his crappier movies )

Okay, I just finished it. YES, this was a very good movie. Many allegories woven throughout. It was also one of Radcliffe's most dynamic acting roles that I've ever seen. I didn't know what to make of it, (sort of still don't), but it was very well done.

(I wanted to smack that guy, you know the one, upside his head repeatedly!)

Yes, the snakes were almost an extension of him. Glad I watched this, and I'd recommend it on a Halloween playlist.