Wonder Woman : Why are you interested in Wonder Woman??

Why are you interested in Wonder Woman??

Explain... i've seen the trailer, it just doesn't seem special to me. Is it because i'm a man?

Re: Why are you interested in Wonder Woman??

Quite frankly I want a good female led comic book movie so they'll make more, I'd give my left arm for the likes of Cassie Hack, Halo Jones, Black Orchid and The Fallen Angel to hit the big screen(or little).

That's actually a good reason, i really hope, that WW will be a good movie, since we can't get enough good movies.

It's just that i fear, that WW won't be that good out of the following reason:

- World War plot: after captain america i'm no longer that interested in past superhero plots (but that's kind of a prejudice)

- too much female agenda: this could be difficult, because to some degree it's funny when a female superhero amazone has to act like a woman from the past on the other side if they use this element too much for female propaganda it becomes stupid.

- haven't seen any depth: the trailer doesn't show something special, i like a deep philosophical question, that develops the movie in a direction and leads the plot to a climax, here i can't see that.

Just mit oponion.

What the hell is a "female agenda"?

What the hell is a "female agenda"?

Shipping us to Mars, and keeping us deep underground, where we will be milked for our semen and our jokes.

Ladies and gentlemen...Mr.Conway Twitty

Shut up! Women are smart and funny, deal with it.

Only bitter trolls use crazy phrases, "female agenda"

I agree about wanting a good female led comic book movie.

If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now.-Loki (Marvel's Avengers)

"I have to power to save the one you love...you must choose"

Hmm. Not sure anything we do will change you. It would be abnormal if everyone liked everything.

Oh i don't expect, that you change me, though i think it's possible.

I just wan't to know your opinion.

I was always HUGE fan of Batman...first time I saw Wonder Woman she seemed even more ridiculous to me than Superman, and he seemed weird for me as a kid :D (underwear on top od his pants??? :D)

But in time I learned that she was the first major female superhero...her mark in pop culture is huge...

Now in BvS it was the very first time I ever saw her tbh...I haven´t seen the old TV show (frankly I never will :D), or any kind of cartoon...I just knew she was a thing...now that I know more about the character´s background, her powers, Gal Gadot seems natural in the role...Patty Jenkins is directing, Chris Pine and Danny Houston are in it, movie looks like a pure fun ride...I can´t wait to see it honestly

With her abilities, she kind of looks ridiculous, but Superman is definitly much more ridiculous, so maybe i'm just not used to her...

For me it looks like: amazone woman comes to civilised world and plays crocodile dundee??

With her abilities, she kind of looks ridiculous

Why? I had no problem with her abilities...she´s superhero duh! :D I thought she looked silly with that old costume...and stars and USA flag colours :P...just like Superman...
Wonder Woman, Superman, Cap America and Spiderman all have colours of American flag...that´s a huge turn off for me tbh :D But I got used to that...

For me it looks like: amazone woman comes to civilised world and plays crocodile dundee

What would you suspect? Her to adapt in seconds and be completely fine with all the new things she sees?:D

Yeah of course, she's a superhero, but usually we need some time to get the immersion, that it makes sense what she can do in this movie. Hopefully the director doesn't forget that.

A trailer is much to short for that, so it looks kind of ridiculous, because i don't know her abilities that well.

A ridiculous outfit is another turndown, never just take the comic outfit and put real persons in them. But as a german i have to say, i would laugh soooo much if someone put a superhero in an outfit with the colors black, red and gold 😄. Everybody here would scream:"Nooo, that's so nationalistic!!! We can't accept that!"

What would you suspect? Her to adapt in seconds and be completely fine with all the new things she sees?:D

No, i even hope, that she says all the time to the Chris Pine soldier how stupid, ridiculous and dumb that is, but she shouldn't live out her agenda against other people who have no idea who she really is.

Yeah of course, she's a superhero, but usually we need some time to get the immersion, that it makes sense what she can do in this movie. Hopefully the director doesn't forget that.

I really hope and I think that her powers will be introduced properly in this movie. Her presence in BvS, as cool and awesome as it was, was imo studio´s decision. She was pretty much shoehorned in, but she made such a great impression that it basically overshadowed the fact that she easily could have been scratched completely
She is huge part of comic book history and pop culture but she never had her own movie and that is a HUGE reason why she´s not that well known outside USA. Only to comic book fans. everyone saw Superman/Batman movie...
I didn´t know she could fly until the last trailer. That is in her arsenal (even though that ability was added later on in her "comic book history".

Before I just knew she was super strong, like a female Titan. She could jump really far and she had an invisible jet (that is honestly the most ridiculous thing comic book hero can have )

In the beginning Chris Pine will be "us". Learning about her Paradise and Amazons. Then we´ll go with Diana on a journey to our world.

I know just glimpses of her backstory, and Geoff Johns is writing so I´m excited very much.

A ridiculous outfit is another turndown, never just take the comic outfit and put real persons in them. But as a german i have to say, i would laugh soooo much if someone put a superhero in an outfit with the colors black, red and gold 😄. Everybody here would scream:"Nooo, that's so nationalistic!!! We can't accept that!"

Very literal and true interpretations of old school superhero outfits look silly today without a doubt!
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-08/7/13/enhanced/webdr06/grid-cell-14516-1407430919-2.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d2/09/03/d209035dce043690ea69aca58b811197.jpg
http://worstist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/visual-history-superman-costume-608x400.png

It´s silly but those were 70s

I like that they added that little skirt Xena-style.
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/56e96b02910584cc5e8b6865-1190-625/gal-gadot-says-she-couldnt-even-breathe-in-her-original-wonder-woman-costume.jpg
And it looks even better in action https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com:443/data.filmboards/images/upload/3PUju5h.gif

I would definitely played with more variations of it. Added more plates of armour. But that would piss off many many fans. And she´s a demi-god. She´s more or less untouchable so why would she need that. She looks strong, capable and sexy :D

But yeah...I´m from Czech Republic so...Hey neighbour! Our flag is red,white,blue so...

Yeah When I first saw Captain America I cringed a little. But besides his Avengers-costume they did a pretty cool job with it.

No, i even hope, that she says all the time to the Chris Pine soldier how stupid, ridiculous and dumb that is, but she shouldn't live out her agenda against other people who have no idea who she really is.

I was pleasantly surprised that they didn´t make her this overly strong(meaning annoyed by everything, every men in her sight) feminist that is now in every movie. Yeah, she is a warrior, she an Amazon for Christ´s sake, but she also seems very sweet, charming , vulnerable, JUST feminine and that is a huge relieve for me. After all she´s is a woman not a man. She should be different and softer. she is also incredibly beautiful no doubt

I was pleasantly surprised that they didn´t make her this overly strong(meaning annoyed by everything, every men in her sight) feminist that is now in every movie.

How may movies actually have a character like this in them?

That´s the image feminism wants to project in movies

I've seen that image come more from movies parodying feminism than anything.

Well because it´s not far away from the truth :D
Modern feminism is poison...

I agree. Women with Vagina outfits... No I thought Wonder Woman was cool in BvS, and yes I like female heroines as well as male. Women today will call you sexist for pointing out differences between man and women, and support burkas as woman liberty, and muslim culture which is more antifeminist than most other cultures today. Go figure. Me, white male, slightly conservative, on the other hand like women because they're women. I like WW to be a woman, but obviously a strong independent woman, not trying to be like a man.

she shouldn't live out her agenda against other people who have no idea who she really is.

This, alone, could almost be the basis for an entire movie's worth of character development.

I say this because there's an opportunity for Diana to learn that everything she's known or has been taught isn't necessarily the only or the best way for everybody.

Keeping in mind that we don't know everything about This iteration of the character, going by other interpretations, Diana had a mission to bring Hope and Love to "man's world". She wanted to bring something that her people had to the rest of humanity because there was a desperate need of it. That's a good message, I think.

I also think that they really should explore the other side of the coin, that there are things in "man's world" that are good, too, but are sorely lacking on her home island. To explore her character as she witnesses this, realizes it, comes to terms with it, accepts it and ultimately believes it could really be a great show of character growth. Further, to actually try to bring those notions back home and become a beacon to the Amazons the way that she was a beacon to the rest of humanity could really be interesting to explore as well.

--End Transmission: Code 350--

For me it's cos she was the only part in BvS that didn't make me rip my hair out. When she turned up to fight Doomsday and the guitar kicked in I suddenly woke up.

Plus I know very little about the character so it'll be different for me and I really liked First Avenger and it's look similar to that. And her fighting style seems more similar to Capts than any other DC character. Which is way more interesting imo than Superman/Batman cry punching everything.

I also liked her in BvS and i like her guitar theme :-).

In the First Avenger i liked:

- cap was very skinny and weak, then very strong ---> moral problem: who should get so much strenght
- cap becomes a theater clown!!!
- cap gets his team and they fight in World War as a unit.

BUT the end just SUXXXs!!

I hope the WW movie has also some good ideas.

You missed Peggy :P

And yeah the end sucked. Honestly I think the only reason I like FA so much is because I love Peggy and Tommy Lee Jones character. They're awesome! Probably my favourite supporting characters of any marvel film.

And yeah the middle with cap becoming a novelty is pretty meta and cool.

Yeah your right, the chemistry between the actors was great. Sadly the past is the past...

I wish we would get more of them.

When I was a kid I was an avid collector of Marvel comics. I turned my nose up at DC comics with the exception of WW. I never thought much about a Greek woman having light skin and blue eyes and wearing Red, White, and Blue.

In the mid 70s when WW came out on TV I was older and realized that they had white washed the character (from the start in the comics) to appeal to American consumers. I also realized that it wasn't the first time something like that had happened. They white washed Jews when the great artists made paintings in the Renaissance to appeal to the Europeans. I didn't think it was appropriate to cast a woman who was a singer and Miss World USA as a super hero and realized that she got the part because she looked a lot like the comic version of WW. I liked the series but realized it had been targeted to adolescents.

I like the fact that they have un-white washed the character for the movie and am interested in seeing how they go moving forward. I'm keeping an open mind about the movie until I actually see it.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It's nice to have this member of the DC trinity highlighted.

I am the Alpha and the Omoxus The Omoxus and the Omega

No, it's because the aspects of the movie don't appeal to you. Or maybe you are, in fact, a misogynist. I don't actually know. What I know is that if I can get hyped for movies about supermen, men can get hyped for movies about superwomen.

As for why I'm interested in the movie, well, she's a kickass character who has longed deserved the attention. I'll support a movie that will do that and hopefully be a good one int he process.

I'm interested because she's a cool character.

If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now.-Loki (Marvel's Avengers)

I'm a man to, and I can't wait.

I've loved the character since I was a child, and I can't wait to see her finally get her turn on the big screen.

I want a woman who don't have any problem kicking men asses... And at least, we get the real amazon warrior instead of the usual simpleton cheesy model beauty that men love because it does not challenge their stupid masculinity .. Cool to see the movie is directed by a woman director.

As a man I rarely pass of a film that features beautiful women. I don't care what they are doing.

But also I have been a fan for years. Both comic book and live action.yup I watched both tv series and that pilot.

My interest is fairly normal. But I saw WW in the Justice League cartoon and I thought she was really awesome in there, so I hope she will rock in this one.

Also it helps that she is being used as a historical hero here, and such heroes I find interesting (The First Avenger, the X-Men films).

07/08/06... 786... the sentinel of Allah has arrived.

Funny you bring up historical reference.

My only knock on the film is it's set in WWI instead of WWII.

But yeah she's a real cool character. I love that she went without powers in the books and still kicked butt and with her powers she's a "Big Gun" as Batman called her.

As a man I rarely pass of a film that features beautiful women. I don't care what they are doing.

I don't think it's because you're a man. I'm a female but I'm enchanted by a lot of male characters. When it comes to Superman and Wonder Woman's costumes, they are much better now that they've been modernized and I don't think they're ridiculous (now).

Why am I interested in Wonder Woman?
Well, I'm going to tell you why.

- I like superheroes put in realistic situations. (in our world)
- I liked her appearance in Batman v Superman, her character started developing interestingly and was fearlessly taking initiative, doing what is right - a.k.a. has a very good potential as a valiant hero.
- The actress is right for the role and looks very moral, yet determined.
- Her ancient origin is interesting to me. I like nature, spirituality, history, movies that take back to ancient civilizations, I'm enchanted by that and I see wisdom and mystery in it.
- She reminds me of "Xena: Princess Warrior", which we all used to enjoy back in the day.

All the things used in movies have started from something real. Her motherland doesn't only consist of women just because some crazy feminist has thought of this as her dream, it's taken from something that has existed. And that's what makes it interesting. It's something out of our reality, but it has piece of real history in it. It's inspiring and a great thing to take your mind away from your routine.

I'm interested because she has been a hero of mine since I was about 7 when I watched the Lynda Carter version.

Ever since I have been reading the comics and watching anything that had WW in it.

I'm pissed they never introduced a Wonder Woman animated series like they did Supes and Bats.

Sure they're more popular, but WW has her fanbase too and I can guarantee that an animated series would do well.

Always been a fan of the character and the movie look awesome.

I don't really know anything about her (never read the comics, but I did watch a few episodes of the old tv show with my mom) so I'm basing this purely off the trailer.

It looks interesting, and she was one of the only good parts of Batman vs Superman. I also really like the idea that it's set in World War I because I really liked the "set-in-the-past" feel of the first Captain America film, and I'm hoping this will be similar-ish in style.

I'm one of the, apparently very few, people who actually thought BvS UE was a great movie (in complete contradiction to MoS).

Surely it had its flaws, some worse (MARTHA!) than others, but overall way better than much of what Marvel has been pushing out lately (Ant-Man, Iron Man 3, Thor 2 to name a few).
Quantity doesn't equal quality even if Marvel has hit some homeruns with a lot of theirs.

Though I thought the Diana Prince character missed the mark, and just came off as uninteresting and cold, and Gal Gadot as a bit of a miscast there.
However, since DC hasn't got the same 7-ish years to launch solo-movies and build backstory to every character like Marvel, I'll add that to the "keep an open mind"-list and see what comes up.

She did kick a** in the Doomsday fight, and, though being a bit on the skinny side (sorry PC people), she fit the Wonder Woman persona much better than the Diana Prince IMHO.

The WW2 setting doesn't really put me off. I was a bit skeptical when CA: TFA came out, but it proved me wrong and was way better than anticipated. However much of my skepticism was due to the patriotic image of the character.

So I'm keeping an open mind, and looking forward to some more Diana Prince background, so she hopefully can win me over on that part as well.

BTW...I'm a man as well in my, lets call it late mid-30s ;)

Because she was awesome in BvS.

But also, because I actually did like the trailer for this one.

Same here. Actually, I liked the last trailer better than the one for SDCC.

I officially don't really care anymore either way. Between the news that Live By Night is apparently a bad film, and the fact that WB can't seem to release a single well received film outside of Mad Max: Fury Road, I've officially given up.

Something is clearly wrong with WB's management if they not only gave us poorly received films like BvS and SS, but also gave us garbage like Jupiter Ascending, Pan, and Creed. This movie's chances seemed pretty good to me before, but Im starting to think there's no getting better. 2016 was a terrible year, and 2017 likely won't be any better.

I too share your concern. The movies you mentioned like Pan, which was crap and don't even get me started on Jupiter Ascending. I'm still optimistic that WB will be able to turn it around. That being said, I still have my reservations on WW but hopefully it will be well-received.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

They also gave us Mad Max: Fury Road and Creed was well received. No studio has a flawless track record. Even BvS and SS got a mixed reaction not a completely negative one.

It looks interesting to me.

Whatever you are, be a good one.