Roundhay Garden Scene : book vs. movie? (SPOILERS!!!)

book vs. movie? (SPOILERS!!!)

well, i think the book was waaaaaaaay better, i will never forgive Louis Aimé Augustin Le Prince for ruining such a great story.

i mean, he cut off the murder chapter. it ruined the plot for me.

and the acting SUCKED. i always say this, and i will say it again: Harriet Hartley can't cry AT ALL!!! terrible!!

Also, the actors are wearing the same outfit the WHOLE MOVIE. It looked sooooo low budget. Wasn't this supposed to be a super production?

the soudtrack! Jesus, "Another Day In Paradise" for the sex scene? Metallica's "Enter Sandman" for the car chase scene? Unbelivable!!!!

Also, there are a lot of goofs in this movie. For example, they forgot to put the credits, Like in 'Manos' The Hands Of Fate!!! I hope they fix this on the DVD.

Re: book vs. movie?

I don't think Louis Aimé Augustin Le Prince is entirely to blame. Apparently his original cut was condiserably longer (maybe about twelve seconds) and far more accomplished, but short-sighted producers took it out of his hands, hacked it down and made some ridiculous changes. I'm surprised he didn't demand the Alan Smithee credit, to be honest.

I hate it when these Hollywood types film a movie in black and white just to make the film look "artsy"

liberals & conservatives

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I know the book of course wouldn't really have enough left in terms of story to stretch this out any further but how about a sequel anyway! I know it’s been 119 years nearly since the original but that’s not stopped Hollywood from planning another Indiana Jones film 19 years from the last one. So how about it; Roundhay Garden Scene II: A Drink at the Lakeside Café, Roundhay Park (2008)……….

Any further title, cast, plot suggestions welcome.

I think this would work, i mean think what could be done with today's cgi!

Post deleted

It's like comparing the book Dino Park to the movie Jurassic Park.
I mean, come on. Obviously the book Roundhay Garden Paragraph was better than "Scene" but the movie was a blockbuster. The sound and cgi effects were great. Have you even seen it in cinemas or just as a screener on your small pc screen.
I bet you haven't, that's why you making comments like this.
Please try to catch it in cinemas, it's still on in some.
Then come back and tell me again that it was lame.

I'm reading the book now for my course, I love it. It can put any feelings into me.

--

Rest in Peace, Lee Remick

I started the book 2 minutes ago and I just finished it 30 seconds ago. Wow, is all I can say.

Stanley Kubrick is the greatest filmmaker ever. -Steven Spielberg

Oh my god, If you watch 'Roundhay Garden Scene' and listen to 'Dark Side of the Moon' they totaly sync!

mind = blown.

Re: book vs. movie? (SPOILERS!!!)

Hmmm, I believe the book was pretty on-par with the movie. It's understandable some parts needed to be cut out (who would want to watch a movie longer than seven seconds, anyway?) but for the most part I felt the director stayed true to the book. For example, I thought the actors did a superb job portraying the likenesses of the characters in the novel, although I must say the white dress woman's acting was a bit sub-par. Prince's use of black & white and camera angles were extraordinary and a revolution at the time. I guess the movie deserves a 7 out of 10 for good actors and special effects, although I felt that they fell short on story. The length was perfect though-long enough to get everything into the movie but short enough to just keep my attention. (I felt my attention starting to wane by the end. What a rush!)

Dude, chill out. The book was a pile of steaming dog crap. The characters had no chemistry, the plot sucked, and to add on the whole thing took place in ONE location.
I hated the book. I'm more of a visual person, so, while I agree that the movie didn't properly follow the book, I still enjoyed it because it visualized the story for me.

Post deleted

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: worst movie ever.

And where's the gore??? Movies like this need more gore

Arguing online is like the Special Olympics. No matter who wins, you're still retarded

I think the major problem with this film is the pacing. Although much of the bulk of the book was removed, including a change at the ending original plot twist, it drags a little bit, specially on the .5 second third act. I found myself yawing and looking at the watch by the time the first second went by. Perhaps this movie was one test audience away from being, let's say, 1.3 seconds long, which would be perfect.

The 12 second director's cut is rubbish, though, and I cannot imagine how they would expect people to sit through this.

"You keep him in here, and make sure HE dosen't leave!"

the book doesnt do this film justice. I felt the film fleshed out the story abit more than the book, and added so much more depth and provided a riveting plot. I loved how the film left us on a total cliffhanger of suspense wondering what happened next! I cant wait for Roundhay Garden 2!

Post deleted

Dude, the book came before the film. get your facts straight before posting on IMDB.

I am no man. I am BEDDINI!

I have to disagree. I watched all films made in 1888 and this is easily in the top 3.

___
"What does it do?"
"It doesn't do anything. That's the beauty of it."

Post deleted