Formats : do you own any 4k blurays?

do you own any 4k blurays?

I bought the Avengers Assembled collection which has all 4 of the Avengers movies Steelbook 4k versions and some others recently but I honestly cannot tell any difference between the quality of them and normal blurays, though I didn't do a side by side comparison or anything.

Are 4k blurays a scam?

Re: do you own any 4k blurays?

Honestly 1080p shows up so well on a 4K TV that any difference isn't moot.

If TV is 4K with 120 or higher motion capture frame rate, that's when you really notice the difference. It's hard to see with the naked eye, but the characters move faster.

Love is like a tree: it grows by itself, roots itself deeply in our being, and continues to flourish over a heart in ruin.

I wonder how much better 4k video would be on a QLED tv. I'd really like to get one of those, but i'm not going to spend 3-4000 dollars on a tv that will be $500-800 within the next 2 years, or even outdated by 8k standards.

Dickhead

You cannot afford to pay for the cable TV.

I imagine 4K will show up so crystal clear on an 8K that it won't even matter replacing them all with 8K. Those Qled's are nice.

I figure they won't go down that much that soon. 4K's have been out a while, and now that 8Ks are out, a nice 4K is still around $4-$600. It'll be like a decade before any significant price drop with an 8K.

Love is like a tree: it grows by itself, roots itself deeply in our being, and continues to flourish over a heart in ruin.

I have a 65” OLED and 1080P looks completely awful compared to 4K.

It does not.

Sounds like someone is butthurt about only being able to afford a shitty TV 🤔

I am not without issues but not being able to afford what I want isn't one of them.

No, I'm saying "it is not" from experience. Not because I'm fine with my piece of shit TVs. I have a 4K. Even my CCTVs are 4K breh. Playing a 1080p blu-ray on it doesn't come through as shitty quality. If anything, it's better than playing it through a 1080p tv.

You called "1080p" shitty quality. 1080 is high definition. It's not shitty quality.

Shitty quality is DVD-level and below. This is some spoiled millennial shit.

Cool story bro.

No

Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home

I can't decide if the blonde or brunette is hotter. The brunette's face is fun to look at.

I don't own any 4k discs, and I haven't been lusting after any (or a 4k player). On a 4k Sony XBR950G TV, 1080p (and even 720p) looks just fine; 480p (DVD) can be described as soft, but the up-scaled progressive-scan picture is miles better than watching in 480i on a '90s big-screen.

Are they a scam? All things being equal, I doubt that many people will see a difference between 1080p and 4k. But, the most valuable thing about the 4k format is that it has encouraged video publishers to create better transfers of old movies, leading to better quality Blu-rays (and even DVDs).

Yeah I remember the original dvds when they came out where total shit quality and often vhs copies looked better.

Same with bluray.

Maybe as time goes on and the 4k blurays become more common the quality will also become better.

4k video on games for the xbox is noticeably higher quality than 1080 games, though, so obviously the potential is there.

I still find them expensive but there's certainly a noticeable difference. Not only in resolution but in color as well. I'm not sure there are any 4K movies with HDR support, though.

"Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail."

No, because I can't tell a difference unless they're side-by side. Then the difference is mostly color clarity, which I don't care about because I'm legally colorblind….

🎃I am a dick. I've always been a dick.🎃