Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Bands you can't fucking stand

That long?

I'm a pimp in every sense of the word BITCH! Better trust than believe'em

Post deleted

Totally agree Anna. I can understand if someone doesn’t like ONE popular band. There are people here listing like 7 near universally beloved bands.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

The Rolling Stones
Nickelback
Creed
Ace of Base

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Post deleted

While I do acknowledge and admire their talent, I don’t care for most of the subject matter that their songs are centered around. Mick Jagger has the voice of someone who could instruct a meditation video though, as it just relaxes every nerve, while bringing ahead onto his cloud. It’s also one that we could get high off of listening to, or stoned!

With all of that being said, here’s one song that I like from them:

What woman wouldn’t want to “hit” those high notes to that?

Post deleted

Fuck it, I’d jam it at a honky tonk with one of those gorgeous ladies, and drink a few beers to it so that I can get myself to dance on top of a bar stool. In all seriousness though, I love that song!

Rolling Stones

Love is like a tree: it grows by itself, roots itself deeply in our being, and continues to flourish over a heart in ruin.

Journey
Styx
Rush
Kansas
Foreigner
KISS
Korn
Coldplay

Rush. A great band unless and until Geddy starts singing. IMO.

Apparently, stupid people don't know they're stupid.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

You've been kind of a bitch lately Monicah, how come?

Post deleted

Just more assertive perhaps plus you were mean to Rocket.

Post deleted

Ok. Carry on…

👍

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Lol yeah John Mayer is Suuuuuper hit or miss. Everybody hates Owl city. Nirvana took grunge to a level of popularity it had never seen but they weren’t the best grunge band. IMO bands like Alice In Chains were better.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

totally agree about jack johnson and john mayer. also dave matthews band. and train, and maroon 5. i hate that slow poppy shit.

My list is long, but here are a few lighlights.

Imagine Dragons
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Blink 182 and its ilk
Hoobastank (also, fuck that name. )
Maroon 5
Coldplay
Nickelback
Seether
All the boy bands
All the autotune pop acts
All country pop
Hammerfall
In Flames
Bob Dylan
Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Talylor Swift, that kind of thing…

Actually there are a million bands I can't stand. I agree with you - boy bands, country pop, pop music like Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber - all awful. I guess we'd need pages and pages if we really answer this honestly.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Luckily there's no shortage of music being made today that does apoeal to me. They're just not in the poppier genres. For pop I definitely look (or listen) back to other decades.

OMG, I might have to start questioning our friendship.

No Metallica?

No Linkin Park? (one of my absolute favourite bands ever!)

Oh, but for the record, I hate all country & western music (except for Johnny Cash because he's Johnny Cash and is The Man). I hate everything autotuned, including the atrociousness that has become rap. It's all sounding the same now. Anything autotuned sounds the same and just grates my teeth.

Not a fan of "pop" music in general.

I'm more apt to appreciate harder core music or obscure bands, also old punk or the earlier renditions of heavy metal, hard rock, classic rock,….but I also like jazz, swing, and some classical.

I'm just all over the place!

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Early Metallica I used to like. But they became kind of bad, James Hetfield started sounding more and more like a television evangelist (ending every line with "-ah!"), and then there was that SUPER shitty snare sound on St. Anger. That actually pissed me off. I started to dislike them so much it began tainting their older stuff for me. I may be past that stage though. I quite liked hearing one of their old tunes in some Ben Affleck movie on Neflix recently.

I'm like you in that I'm all over the place from grindcore to jazz, but I always tend to the more extreme in any genre.

Linkin Park I never liked. Just not my thing. I was deep into death, doom, stoner, prog and grind when they were a thing.

When Chester hanged himself, on one hand, I was beside myself (much like Chris Cornell), a little piece of my heart left me. But listen to, (and watch) the pain in his voice, listen to the lyrics, and everything was right there in all our faces. His voice really worked for me. He was perfect in my eyes, and to my ears. The amount of passion was palpable. *sigh*

What did you think of Metallica's S&M?

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Wasn't really a fan of that either. I'm just really off Metallica. Luckily there's lots of metal around.

Metallica
Linkin Park
Moron.

…………………./´¯/)
………………..,/¯../
………………./…./
…………./´¯/'…'/´¯¯`·¸
………./'/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..('(…´…´…. ¯~/'…')
………\……………..'…../
……….''…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\…

Coldplay
Their first album was good. They have some good stuff on their second and third albums too.

Nickelback
Seether
Haven't delved into the discography of either of these, but I have heard good songs from Nickelback and it's singer (The Spider-Man and Santana ones) and at least one good song from Seether (Broken with Amy Lee)

I've always found it funny when someone gets upset that others don't share their likes.

I forgot one: Hootie & the Blowfish. Hate 'em. Oh and Black-Eyed Peas. Hate 'em.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Oasis. Sucks big time.

Ones that make bad music, such as Imagine Dragons.

Guns N' Roses