Saturday Night Live : Celebrities banned from the show

Celebrities banned from the show

1. Sinead O' Connor
She protested the Catholic Church by changing the lyrics in her song to talk about child abuse and tearing up a photo of Pope John Paul II

2. Steven Segal
Lorne Michael's was angry because Steven Segal was being a jerk to the cast and crew.

3. Andy Kaufman
The show's fans wrote a petition to ban him from the show.

4. Adriene Brody
He scapped good ideas for sketches the whole week he was preparing to be a host, then he went off-script by dressing up as a white Jamaican (with dreadlocks and a bad accent) to introduce musical guest, Sean Paul. People gave him dirty looks.

5. Chevy Chase
Soft banned. He wasn't getting along with other cast members in various hosting gigs.

6. Rage Against The Machine
Hung the American flag upside down to make a political statement.

7. Martin Lawrence
After first pointing out the racial makeup of the in-studio audience, stand-up comedian Martin Lawrence tested the patience of the censors, producers, and women around the globe when he went on a rant during his February 19, 1994, monologue. Lawrence shared his views on '90s women, specifically his feelings on their declining feminine hygiene habits.
The bit was later removed from repeats of the episodes.

8. Cypress Hill
DJ Muggs lit up a joint during their on stage performance.

9. The Replacements
The bandmembers were drunk and Paul Westberg cursed on stage.

10. Robert Blake
Accused of being a complete grouch to cast and crew and during gigs. He also reportedly threw a script in someone's face.

11. Milton Berle
He took control over the show upstaging cast members and writers. And he went off-script.

12. Frank Zappa
He didn't mess well with the crew, made it obvious that he was reading the cue cards and mugged for the camera.

13. Elvis Costello
He interrupted another band's song with his own.

14. Charlse Grodin
He did a poor job at adlibbing during most of his performance and it caused problems during the taping.

15. Louise Lasser
Was under the influence of drugs and was found crawling on the floor under the office desks looking for drugs.

Slideshow here: https://www.ranker.com/list/banned-snl-hosts/best-of-snl?format=slideshow&slide=1

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Did these ceebrities deserve to be banned from the show?

wtf does that have to do with the topic? Did I ask which sketch show you preferred? If you wanna talk compare sketch shows, make your own damn thread.

Post deleted

Then make a thread about it, dummy.
Here's the link, https://filmboards.com/board/10072562/create/

get started.

Post deleted

This thread topic is about the celebrities who've been banned from SNL. It has nothing at all to do with those other sketch comedy shows. If you wanna talk about those other shows with me, then create the thread topic and I'll discuss it with you.

Until then, stay on topic or GTFO!!!

Post deleted

THEN NOBODY WANTS TO TALK TO YOU ANYWAY..THAT IS A RIDICULOUS THING TO SAY OR THINK.💀

“I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions.”

Post deleted

AWW.THE LITTLE SCAMP LEARNED AN ANGRY WORD…ADORABLE.💀

“I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions.”

Post deleted

…AND YOU LIKE ASSHOLES?GOOD PLACE TO HIDE YOUR STINKY LITTLE WEINER HUH?💀

Post deleted

I AM PRETTY SURE YOUR TERRIBLE TASTE IN TELEVISION AND MISSHAPED BRAIN ARE THE CULPRITS.💀

Post deleted

COMING FROM YOU……THANK YOU.💀

Post deleted

THE FINAL OPTION FOR EMPTY HEADED SIMPLETONS.ENJOY YOUR CONE OF SILENCE.💀

Who were you fighting with in a simple thread about celebrities banned from SNL?

SOME DUMB DUMB WHO THINKS MAD TV EVEN BELONGS IN THE SAME BREATH AS SNL.💀

I don't understand why you assholes can't take these off topic discussions to another thread. Are you afraid your thread will get trolled? Afraid to take the heat?

This thread topic is about the celebrities who've been banned from SNL. It has nothing at all to do with those other sketch comedy shows. If you wanna talk about those other shows with me, then create the thread topic and I'll discuss it with you.

Until then, stay on topic or GTFO!!!

HE WAS AN ASS.MADTV DOESNT COMPARE TO SNL…HE GOT ANGRY,I CONGRATULATED HIM ON HIS LOW IQ.THEN HE LEFT AND DELETED ALL HIS POSTS.

I ENJOYED READING YOUR POST BTW..SNL IS AWESOME.💀

Ugh this forum is filled with worthless ass posters including you. The only decent ones are NZer and SealedCargo.

Post deleted

Well if they weren't being assholes then I wouldn't be condescending.

There is a history between me and 99% of these posters. We all known each other from other forums. Some of us have known each other for several years. That animosity doesn't just disappear. I've tried making a truce with them and the only person that agreed was Donnie.

You treat women like rivals.
No, they treat me as a rival. That's understandable though because of how I am.

You have no clue how to be a friend to a woman.
I'm not here to make friends nor enemies. I just wanna post stuff and not have my thread topics derailed. I don't think that's too much to ask yet they keep playing these freaking games with me.

Post deleted

I'm sorry but I am not reading all of that. 8 hours is enough of this argument.

I think you should just block me instead of doing this because I'm not going back and forth and in circles with this argument. I'm not a pleaser or someone that desperately seeks approval either.

Block me if you hate my attitude that much.

This was a decent thread someone new could have enjoyed having an on topic discussion.

You're not just offending me when you do these things.

Post deleted

Post deleted

THAT WAS UNCOOL.I ENJOYED YOUR THREAD AND ARGUED WITH THE ASS SPOUTING MADTV OUT OF TURN…YET SOMEHOW YOU INSULT ME…I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BE POLITE TO YOU,YOU ARE NOT MAKING IT EASY.💀

Post deleted

MAD TV IS THE SIMPLE MINDED UNSUCCESSFUL LITTLE BROTHER OF SNL.💀

Post deleted

Post deleted

Kaufman wasn't banned due to a petition. The audience was given two choices and were instructed to use two 900numbers to vote on whether he would stay or go.

30s on my Chevrolet..call me super duper! Garage like Roots I got more whips than Kunta!!!

A few of those would get you fired from most jobs.

Didn't Robert Blake murder his wife? Or there was a great amount of suspicion. The circumstances were extremely bizarre, that's for sure.

Every Penrose triangle has its thorns.

Do you have some type of brain damage that we don't know about? Like I would be willing to excuse some of your posting behavior if there were extenuating circumstances…

Ugh I was hoping that you'd left. I have no idea wtf that music video is about and I don't care.

Now you know how I feel

You can block me, Nettie. Why haven't you kept me blocked? I don't think I've even mentioned you or pop since we thought you left. I was hoping that your eye had imploded inside of you head. No such luck.

Block me bitch.

Why haven't you blocked me, Adolf?

Post deleted

Sad but true

That sort of thing tends to be frowned upon when applying for jobs.

I would imagine so. I didn't really follow the whole story as it was unfolding, so I remember bits and pieces, but much like today where even a little hint of tarnish is enough, I'd think something like a potential murder rap would not go down too well.

I'm not familiar with the timelines, but I'd think that the high profile nature of this situation, as well as people not really buying into the innocence, (kind of like an OJ Simpson thing), they may want to just not invest in hiring him for a job.

Every Penrose triangle has its thorns.

Okay he hadn't even murdered his wife at the time he hosted for SNL!

Stop derailing my theads.

Costello did not interupt another band…he refused to play less than zero instead opting to preform radio radio

30s on my Chevrolet..call me super duper! Garage like Roots I got more whips than Kunta!!!