Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : If you kill yourself

If you kill yourself

Do you believe that you are denied entrance to Heaven? (As opposed to, obviously, if you were to have been killed by someone else, or died accidentally?)

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Re: If you kill yourself

Is it really true you’re Holly Cherry?

Lord President of the Council, Leader of the House, Chairman of the ERG, MP for North East Somerset and I sit next to Boris at Parliament

Why are all of your posts so boring?

i dont believe in any god!

i never did, im autistic!

Is it true you catfished everybody on Frank's board into giving you nudes?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

That's what I've heard, that's it's an unforgivable sin

Same. I'm sure it depends on the religion, buuuut, one reason I think that suicide has been so frowned upon (much like unwed mothers having babies and the forcing of shotgun weddings), is that the Catholic Church would become responsible for taking care of the families and children, and that's a huge financial burden as well as time consuming. By shaming a family if a member commits suicide, it's more mob mentality of trying to control people (example: I know you're dying of cancer, and you want to leave this pain behind, but think of what it'll do to the family and everyone will shun us), etc. As long as they could keep children within wedlock and keep deaths "natural," the Church would not be picking up a tab and could continue to control the people.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

^ Holly Cherry

Lord President of the Council, Leader of the House, Chairman of the ERG, MP for North East Somerset and I sit next to Boris at Parliament

That's interesting, I've never thought of it that way. It's such a hurtful thing to do to your family. I can see if you're terminal and suffering but morphine would probably help

There always was and always will be ways to manage pain. However, there is an illogical "war on drugs" taking place that's hurting legitimate patients because of idiots who are abusing the drugs or modifying them (ie: crushing or shooting up) or getting illegal drugs and OD'ing….it all gets lumped together.

Just like firearms. There's a war against firearms as well. The responsible gun owners are being caught in the net because of the asshats who never should have had access in the first place.

There are more idiots in this world than there are stars

I don't know. But I wouldn't want to take a chance.

Although I wonder if it is forgivable if someone is dying anyways and suffering to swallow the Death With Dignity pills.

That's what I was thinking of when I saw a documentary about the Death With Dignity movement in Oregon. (I don't know if it's elsewhere or even what became of it, or what IS of it).

This is where I am conflicted because it is our body, and we are given free choice. Why should terms be dictated with regards to what we do with our own body. I've seen people in incredible pain being denied narcotic pain meds because they're afraid the patient will get addicted, and opioid crisis, and war on drugs, blah blah blah and all that other stuff.

I don't pretend to understand, but I find a flaw in this particular line of thinking and belief, and to my understanding, doesn't that also affect where you can be buried?

Was that the case with Brittany who had the brain cancer? I almost think that if I was in her situation I'd probably want to die with dignity too.

Then this becomes a problem of legality, responsibility, liability, and then religious belief.

It hurts a family, but it's your life, not theirs. If they're truly "happier" seeing you wither away and crippled with pain, I think there's a bigger problem.

Sadly this is like a Gordian knot.

No Heaven. No Hell. And euthanasia is a matter of individual conscience and preference.

Ixtab is waiting for you in the afterlife

Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home

Suicide victims deserve to go to hell, if you believe in that stuff. I've suffered from depression all throughout my life and at times I've wanted to kill myself but I've found fighting through though much harder, is much more worth it. Saying "suicide is the easy way out" is douchey but has some truth to it. Suicide isn't just a choice that effects you.

Science bitch!

Do you believe that you are denied entrance to Heaven? (As opposed to, obviously, if you were to have been killed by someone else, or died accidentally?)

I will let you know the answer, once I am done!

You can't top the Pop

That lie was created to prevent miserable, medieval Christians from offing themselves to end their suffering and head to Heaven early.

The train is coming with shiny cars, comfy seats, and wheels of stars. Hush, little ones, have no fear; the man in the moon is the engineer.