Politics : Elizabeth Hasselback had a meltdown!

Elizabeth Hasselback had a meltdown!

…on the View in 2006! This was unreleased until yesterday. It features the backstage audio as she tried to quit the show during break after Barbara Walters hurt her feelings. Cameo by Lisa Loeb.

Re: Elizabeth Hasselback had a meltdown!

!!!FUCK YOU, BABWA WAWA!!!!!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

There's a book coming out with people who worked on the View saying what a bitch Walters is

She seems very mean.

Yes, Nettie.

This discussion is just too good to remain a lurker and not participate.

Can I just go on record as having said that I admire Elizabeth Hasselback? I've been her fan from the beginning. She has been the only co-host on The View that I relate to. The way she argues is exactly the way I do (verbally not in print). She is so passionate about her position, and the thing about her I find the most impressive is that she is able to stay rational and logical as she articulates a complete thought.

I think Barbara Walters was wrong for reprimanding Elizabeth live on air the way she did. I don't know why Barabara cut her off but I suspect that it was because Elizabeth started to curse a little (she said, "heck") and was moving her hands in an aggressive manner. I think that was sexy, but a lot of people don't like that type gesticular movements. You must control your hands when you speak. It's unprofessional to flay them wildly. Elizabeth represents a group of large majority of people. She has a right to speak for them and she really had a very good talking point. The showrunners wanted to stifle that point-of-view? I just don't agree with that. Elizabeth has a right to her free speech and Barbara being forced to cut her off was essentially, curtailing Elizabeth's right to free speech.

Also, the point Barbara was missing is that people are going to get crazy emotional when debating hot topics like abortion and politics. I think Elizabeth was handling herself just fine and the discussion would have been thoroughly discussed had Barbara not interrupted it so quickly. Then Barbara proceeds to repeat the same thought at least three times until the commercial break. Barbara is kind of a hypocrite for doing that. Here is Rosie and Elizabeth's verbal fight on The View. It's one of the best arguments I've seen on TV. I say allow articulate strong passionate women to articulate their EDUCATED opinions!
Soon after this episode, Rosie quit the show because she felt as if the producers were trying to sensationalize her fight with Elizabeth for ratings. I think Rosie should have stayed on the show. I've stopped watching the show soon after Rosie left.

Living in the world of ghetto life, everyone around seems so uptight.

I love watching Rosie and I love Joy too

Eh, I'm not that crazy about Joy especially after she made those derogatory comments about Christians.

I didn't hear that

I can't include links yet but here is a little of the article.

The View': Joy Behar apologizes for comment comparing religion to mental illness

Joy Behar of "The View" apologized Tuesday for suggesting mental illness was behind claims by people that Jesus Christ talks to them, in remarks made on her show last month about Vice President Mike Pence.
WOCHIT-ALL

Joy Behar used Tuesday's episode of The View to apologize for a month-old comment suggesting some Christians' belief that Jesus talks to them is a form of mental illness.

The controversy began in mid-February, when the hosts reacted to a scene on CBS' Big Brother: Celebrity Edition in which former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman called Vice President Mike Pence "extreme" and said he "thinks Jesus tells him to say things."

On Monday night, Pence told Fox News' Sean Hannity that Behar had called him personally to apologize.

"I give Joy Behar a lot of credit," he said. "She picked up the phone. She called me. She was very sincere, and she apologized. And one of the things my faith teaches me is grace: forgive as you've been forgiven."

He said he also encouraged her to use her platform to "apologize to tens of millions of Americans who were equally offended."

Tuesday, Behar told her audience, "I think Vice President Pence is right. I was raised to respect everyone's religious faith, and I fell short of that. I sincerely apologize for what I said.”

Joy is fine, she said she was sorry

I know that she apologised but I still don't like her. I'm not saying you shouldn't like Joy either. I'm just saying. Btw, God got his revenge because a few months later Joy accidently stabbed herself while trying to cut the seed out of an avocado.

I always squeeze out the pit

I use a spoon.

Thank you so much for this inspirational post you kind and empathetic soul.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I've seen better.

LOL. 🤡🌎

After watching that all I could think of was me trying to help Elizabeth.

Shield her from that Monster Walters.

But alas I was too young at the time.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

You're my hero, Steve!

Of course she had a meltdown. Women are unstable and should be seen not heard. They cray.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a gay bar, and so do I.

Hasselbeck was the purdiest one on that show. Nice personality too. I guess Meghan McCain took her place as The View's 'resident conservative'. I can't stand McCain!

She is pretty. Rosie had a crush on her but not sexual she said

When asked her thoughts about Rosie O'Donnell comments in the new book, Elizabeth said that Rosie's comments bordered on sexual harassment. I agree with Elizabeth.

Poor Rosie

Eh, Rosie should know better than to verbalize those thoughts and to suggest Elizabeth may have had a crush on Rosie as well because Rosie thinks that female athletes have a little homosexuality in them. Elizabeth was right. Sports shouldn't be sexualized.

She did state it wasn't a sexual crush

Yet everything else in Rosie's comments implied otherwise. It was a lot of doubletalk that could be misconstrued as sexual harassment. Listen to how Elizabeth connects Rosie's comments to sexual harassment. Skip to 4:30 of the video.

I see that Elizabeth was offended by her comments and she was very nice about it

Right. I think that part was obvious. Who knows how the conversation would have went if Elizabeth had to express her dismay to Rosie herself.

Are you doing alright, Nettie? You seem a little off and depressed.

I'm okay, thank you for asking

K

Women have annoying voices. The content is immaterial, because they make everything sound like inane shrieking.

They ruin the enjoyment of watching sports. When watching a basketball game I have to yell at them to shut up while a great play is going on like a turnover! For football it's just as bad but I don't watch until the playoffs and superbowl.

I'm here because I wrote band names on my math test and my teacher handed back the tests and said "Check helmet out" I'm not complaining