Food and Drink : Recipe of the day: Kale with mushrooms and Parmesan cheese

Recipe of the day: Kale with mushrooms and Parmesan cheese

This recipe actually I made myself.

Sauté finely chopped garlic (like 2-4 cloves depending on how much you like garlic). Add 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers until softened and fragrant with the garlic. Next add coarsely chopped mushrooms, about 1 cup. Sautée the mixture about 1-2 minutes to soften the mushrooms. Add about a two tablespoons of chicken broth or soy sauce until steam rises. Add one package of kale or other mixed power greens. Stir until the leaves are slightly wilted from the liquid. Cover and steam three minutes then cook uncovered about 2-3 more minutes, mixing occasionally. Drain off excess liquid and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the juice of half of one squeezed lemon. Top with Parmesan cheese.

It's a nice side dish with any protein (salmon, eggs, chicken etc)

Re: Recipe of the day: Kale with mushrooms and Parmesan cheese

Sounds good without the cheese.

I am addicted to you; I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forgo its flavor.

You don't even do dairy? The parmesan cheese complements the slight bitterness of the greens and faint acidity of the lemon juice.

Eating cheese is barbaric!

So do you food prep and bring your food with you? I find it challenging but being vegan would be even moreso.

I expect people to know my needs and meet them while eating in social situations.

Millenials.

Gen Xers were always characterized as slackers but millennials are self absorbed entitled brats.

Everyone should just be vegan anyway! It's better for the planet. You must hate earth, you flesh eater!

Expecting everyone to be vegan is basically telling the world to dump large portions of their cultural identity. So many unique aspects of different countries and ethnicities are reflected in their foods and are rooted in their history. It's unrealistic and very much a first world problem.

It's an entire world problem, flesh eater!

What part of the flesh is cheese?

Cheese comes from the cruel and in humane treatment of beautiful animals! Only a monster would help perpetuate the dairy industry!

It's because they won't let the calves nurse and keep them from getting their mother's milk which is meant for them

He is trolling.

I’ve written speeches on this, but the short answer is, dairy is a rape industry. It involves shackling a female against her will, sticking a rod in her genitalia without consent, while she is shackled, and artificially inseminating her, forcing her to bear a pregnancy she did not choose. Dairy = rape juice.

I am addicted to you; I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forgo its flavor.

So if the lady cow gives her consent to the romantic male moo-moo of her choice (after he'd gone through the appropriate courtship period of just holding hands and what not) then it's ok to eat the cheese, right?

You have such a good, healthy diet

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

This is a good easy vegetarian mix up.

Steam some mushrooms and onions in a small amount of water, with the lid on, until they're cooked and swimming in their own juices. Add some chopped tomatoes, and a handful of raw cashew nuts. Let it stand until the cashews have soaked up the juices. Simple and it tastes great!

Sounds tasty!

That sounds really good, lady from NZ. You made me hungry. You will have to post this recipe. You know, forget what the others say about you, forget that you have a mustache, you're not so bad.

New Zealand is the only country with the right to put Hobbit-related images on its currency.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0mxWT8ioOHR

AJ you might be my food soulmate.

I'm definitely going to try your recipe with help from my roomie. Then I'll share my pumpkin spice macadamia nut cookie recipe.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

You should convert him to be straight so he can meet the Lord when he dies. Right now, he is on a pathway to eternal destruction. Save his soul.

Steve?

Lol

You can’t resist the Dark Load Of The Sith.

He is fucking busted

You can’t resist the Dark Load Of The Sith.

Yes let me know how the cookies come out! I'm sure it's a wonderful recipe

Kale?? YUCK!

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.