A Song Is Born : Unusual to me made so soon after the original Ball of Fire

Unusual to me made so soon after the original Ball of Fire

It had only been 7 years since Ball of Fire was released when this film was made. Have to agree with majority and declare that 'Ball of Fire' was superior, but the musicians involved in this production make it more if a must watch. If I want the see the story, I'll always go back to Cooper and Stanwyck.

Can anyone else provide an example of other Classic movies that had a remake made within 7 years of the original? The only one I can think of is Cagney's 'The Mayor of Hell' (1933), being remade with Humphrey Bogart as 'Crime School' in 1938. Can't think of another though.

Re: Unusual to me made so soon after the original Ball of Fire

Here's a few that were remade fairly soon after their original:

SINGAPORE(1947) with Fred MacMurray was remade 9 years later as ISTANBUL with Errol Flynn.

Howard Hawks' 1930 film DAWN PATROL was remade 8 years later under the same title.

KID GALAHAD(1937) was remade 4 years later as THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT, both with Humphrey Bogart.

Re: Unusual to me made so soon after the original Ball of Fire

Here's a couple more:
The Last of Mrs. Cheyney(1929) Basil Rathbone and Norma Shearer; then remade with the same title 8 years later in 1937 with Robert Montgomery and Joan Crawford.
The Shop Around the Corner(1940) Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullavan remade in 1949 as In Good Old Summertime with Van Johnson and Judy Garland.

Re: They Drive By Night (1941)

s007davis, This was not a remake of KID GALAHAD(1937). You may be thinking of THE WAGONS ROLL AT NIGHT(1941) also with Bogart.