Sports : Serena Williams smashes racket, has MELTDOWN at umpire, loses US Open - Vid

Serena Williams smashes racket, has MELTDOWN at umpire, loses US Open - Vid

She started yelling at the umpire after disagreeing with his assessment of a one point penalty for "receiving coaching from the stands", so then the ump took away a whole game in retaliation! It very well could have cost her the match! I don't know what any of this means cuz I don't care about tennis, but a quality meltdown nonetheless.

Re: Serena Williams smashes racket, has MELTDOWN at umpire, loses US Open - Vid

She needs to realize she’s old now and too fat when compared to the other black Asian chick

❤️Joy to the boards the PAGG has cum

She's black? I thought she was just Asian.

I am addicted to you; I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forgo its flavor.

Can't see it in New Zealand. Bugger - I was in the mood to see a good meltdown.

So she went full black?

Apes gon' apeshit.

Will somebody just harness that wildebeest already and put her in a zoo?

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Her coach admitted to coaching but denied she saw it. I read that he signaled her to come to the net more and that is what she did the next point. He also said every player gets coached during matches which is probably true. Even though the penalties were by the book there is probably ambiguity about what is verbal abuse and the umpire should not have gifted a game in a slam final over some minor insults.

A similar incident involving John McEnroe at the 1990 Australian Open:

He sort of looks like a cross between Prince Harry and Wayne Gretzky in that video.

She's giving him hell, you go, Serena!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/serena-williams-camp-should-be-ashamed-after-ruining-naomi-osakas-us-open-fairytale/news-story/19bfa5e39fadd88e54a0ddd217c37816

The saddest part of the fiasco is that young Osaka stood with her head bowed in tears at the post-match presentation.

It should have been her moment of glory after spending her entire life dedicated to raising one of the most revered trophies in tennis. Instead, she looked like an embarrassed kid not knowing where to stand in an hour when the stadium should have been hers.

Serena is the best. There is an obvious racial element to people's reaction to her "meltdowns". She has only had a couple, which receive a much different type of attention than when others do the same. Federer does it and no one cares. John McEnroe does it and he becomes a marketable celebrity and gets his own TV show. Serena does it and she is out of control and an ape. Come on, bros. Dats raciss.

^^

I am addicted to you; I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forgo its flavor.

I like Serena but her true colors come out when she's losing. Great player, not a great sport.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

She's an asshole, a diva, and a whiny crying baby!

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Surprised.
She's a far superior player. She probably should've won. Didn't know coaching was illegal but makes sense because your suppose to keep quite.

One point isn't much. She shouldn't have acted like this. Her diva attitude got in the way. I read she was fighting for human rights because the guys do it all the time and nothing happens. A whole game is a lot but the final result looked like she wouldve lost anyway.

In tennis you have to out due your opponent in a set of points. Offense/ Defense and when you reach 6 or tie break you win a game. You have to win 2 strong games or 3 close ones if not sudden death.

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

"Ramos returns to chair after Serena dramas as stats back him up"

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/ramos-returns-to-chair-after-serena-dramas-as-stats-back-him-up-20180914-p503ot.html

In a TV interview the day after the final, Adams told the ESPN tennis panel that "there's no equality". But her claims were soon undermined by statistics showing there were 86 code violations handed out to male players at the US Open and only 22 to women.

Now, a more detailed analysis of the past 20 years of grand slam events has revealed a long-term split of 1,534 to 526.

Different offences have a different gender balance. Take racquet abuse, which constituted the second of Williams' three offences.

Men are responsible for more than 86 per cent of these code violations, as well as just under 80 per cent of verbal-abuse violations.

The odd one out here is coaching.

This kicked the whole controversy off, when Patrick Mouratoglou signalled that Williams should move to the net more often. In this area, women are almost twice as likely as men to be censured.

I doubt these stats will get as much coverage.

Stupid stats. Men are naturally more aggressive than women, so of course they would be more prone to behavior code violations. It is manly to be an asshole. The question is, when a woman behaves badly, are they punished to a greater degree as their behavior isn't seen as feminine? You don't need a study to show you there is a difference, the media coverage tells the whole story already. When a man has a meltdown, it is barely a headline, when Serena does, it becomes a weeklong national front page news event.

It is manly to be an asshole…..

Quote of the day.

It's a fact

Men are naturally more aggressive than women, so of course they would be more prone to behavior code violations. It is manly to be an asshole.

Only men who haven't been properly trained. If they can't be trained, then they need to be neutered.

That is what playing Tennis is supposed to do. It's a girl sport.

Every sport is a girl sport, if girls wish to play.

But how do we know they play, if no one watches? I'm talking about the WNBA here.

They're playing for the enjoyment of the sport, whether one person watches or one million people watch.

They have fun being bad at sports? LOL

There it is! The REAL quote of the day! Even if nobody at all is watching.

Thank you. That's it exactly. The love of the sport is what matters, whether or not anyone is watching. The male poster above you doesn't understand that. He needs training.

I haven't got time to train any bigoted males at the moment. It could take a while.
Over to you :)

LOL. I don't want to deal with him either. Let's just throw him to the lions.