Pets and Animals : Have you ever hit or run over an animal when driving?

Have you ever hit or run over an animal when driving?

If so, did you feel bad about it?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Have you ever hit or run over an animal when driving?

Never. Had a few close calls with squirrels

I saw a guy run over a squirrel once, and he didn't even pull over. He continued on driving like it was nothing. He wasn't even trying to stop or slow down before he hit him.

My friend was telling me about the time he accidentally hit a bird. I asked him if he tried to swerve out of the way, but no: he said it was on the highway and it'd be too dangerous.

What's funny about that is, just a few minutes prior to telling me this, we were driving on the highway and another driver tried to merge over to our lane, and didn't see his car, and he saw the car in his peripheral vision in the nick of time, and he instinctively swerved to avoid that car, in the other lane, and his tires screeched in the process.

This means, when he knows he's about to hit an animal, he has no instinct to swerve; however, when another vehicle is about to hit him, when the potential damages would only be cosmetic, his instinct is to speed up, swerve, and move over quickly without being entirely sure if another car is in the lane he's moving to, causing potential for accident.

This means that people care more about bodily damage to their vehicle and avoiding the inconvenience of exchanging insurance information than ending an innocent animal's life, which has no legal burden on the driver.

I accidently ran over a cat , killed it ,it was a foggy morning.Hit a dog that lived.

Meh