West Side Story : Masterpiece on so many levels

Masterpiece on so many levels

Cinematography, choreography, soundtrack, originality, story. This movie had it all.

Re: Masterpiece on so many levels

I agree with you there, oscarflix! West Side Story is a true-blue, great golden oldie-but-keeper of a Classic film that never grows old. It's my all time favorite film, hands down, I never get tired of seeing this film over and over and over again, and I've seen West Side Story more times than I'm now able to count, but hey...who's counting?

I'll also add, however, that while West Side Story is enjoyable on TV, absolutely nothing beats seeing this great classic film on a great big, wide movie screen, in a darkened movie theatre, as it's truly meant to be viewed, and sharing the whole experience with a whole bunch of other people, whether one knows them or not.

The MGM adage

"Unlike other Classics, West Side Story grows younger."
rings so true!

I have to agree with you that this movie has aged well. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it for the first time yesterday.

It had it all. It’s impossible not to fall in love with it.

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

Agreed

I love this film. However I wish people would'nt keep saying MGM. They had nothing to to do wurh this film. They simply took over United Artists in 1981.

That's right; United Artists was the film company for the movie