Music General : Music Board Hall of Fame

Re: Music Board Hall of Fame

I`ll miss fud too. He is vinegary but not abusive.

🇺🇸 Liberty • E Pluribus Unum • In God We Trust 🇺🇸

This is a good day...thank you, & thank you for being the first person ever to describe me as 'vinegary'.

Your knowledge has always impressed, as has your linguistic ability...very succinct & elegant. Like Hip you're one of the few on here I genuinely respect, & I have always looked forward to reading any reply you gave me.

All the best for the future, sir.

Thanks for the kind words and my best to you as well.

Yeah fud, even though you and I have butted heads a few times (under different names on my part so you won't even remember), I think you're a good dude.

Eh I don't know what 'phallocentric' means, but NO GIRLS!

I might remember if you tell me!

That's kind & decent of you to say, thank you, & a good butting of heads can do wonders occasionally!

Thanks Hip; you've quite made my day...really, you have. You're one MG poster whose opinions I fully value & respect. I've much enjoyed our chats & debates over the years.

You're one of the few I'll miss for sure...& if I were being forced at gunpoint to nominate who I thought was the ACME or Gold Standard of MG posters (I hate awards shows), I'd nominate you; you're appreciative of many forms / genres of music & write about them all with respect & knowledge...a well-informed poster (if that doesn't sound too patronising) if ever there were one.

I wish you all good things.

I appreciate that you don't seem to take the many arguments you've had here personally.

---
Tell me more!

That's true, I never have. I've always tried to respond to each post with an untarnished mind, leaving behind any nastiness from previous threads. No matter how big the argument, I think all would be smiles in an instant if ever its protagonists were to meet face to face.

I think it's great that there's something artistically-based that there'll always be passionate debate over. Perhaps I've not always gone down the right line with which to engage it, but engaging it was always the idea...even with flowery language :)

I think I've aimed some fairly low or puerile things in your direction over the years (not that you were bothered by them I'm sure), so my apologies for that. I wish you well.

Thanks, and likewise.

---
Tell me more!

For the not so permanent record. I like you, fud.

Thank you PM, that's nice to hear...were you once someone else? It would be nice to be able to return the compliment...

Have to shout out to my buddy, infofreak. He's still active on Rate Your Music.

The night beckons, like a finger curling and uncurling as if to say "Hey, come here."

Infofreak

Mad props, yo (as all the kids are saying today).

Seriously, one of the most knowledgeable posters of all time on MG. I learned so much from him.
I haven't been over to RYM in forever. I should probably remedy that soon.

Re: Infofreak

Info was probably the first poster I noticed here as being knowledgeable/having good/similar tastes to my own. Certainly lived up to his name, not just re music, but film, books, etc. too.

Silent like a foreign movie

Re: Infofreak

The only time I got into an argument with Info was about pirating music. He was right, I was wrong. But that still didn't change the fact that I could never possibly afford to purchase all of the music I love.

Anyone remember GoffikGurl and the love for G00D CHRALOTTE?
if a sock....a very entertaining one.

GOOD SKY YOU'VE GOT HERE McCINTYRE........WELL DONE!!!

Oh heck yeah, I remember GoffikGurl. Probably my favorite troll ever.

🔵
http://www.haneke.net/

Remember that 'Boys Don't Cry' / Cure thread? Classic IMDb.

Too bad there's no way to pull that up from the archives.

🔵
http://www.haneke.net/

I remember a gloomy vs poppy Cure thread from 2009. Part of how The Cure became my favourite band.

My view stretches out from the fence to the wall

Whatever happened to Quality trolls ?

How about Shootersald, that was a good troll. His shtick did get old after awhile but it was funny. And who was that guy who used to write these stories about his friend named Bike and their adventures. That was funny stuff but I can't remember their username at all.

What are words for when no one listens anymore

PhilyAnderton, who eventually broke character to explain the shtick and then went away.

---
Tell me more!

Philly

PhilyAnderton
IMDb member since July 2006
My name is Phily! I like cartoons! I'm 17 and I love watching tv with my dog Luke. My mom works in a bakery and my dad doesnt work. But he hits me in the ear sometimes.
I work for the TIMES I deliver papers on my bike on Sudnay.

I also do magic tricks at the retirement home with my grandpa.

At one time there were two different Phillys on the board and a Mrs. Philly. Crazy times.

Meow Meow Beenz count:🐈🐈1/2

She was responsible for my current screenname. I created a page for her story My Immortal on Encyclopedia Dramatica and a slideshow on YouTube and it's gotten bigger than I've ever imagined. I blame myself.

He was no stranger to drama and he could rub people the wrong way, for sure. For the most part, he was giving as good as he got, though.

The whole damn place goes crazy twice and it's once for the devil and once for Christ

Nobody's mentioned my buddy Sir Ten.

The whole damn place goes crazy twice and it's once for the devil and once for Christ

Sir Ten said he should drown me in Lake Erie for defending a guy whose only crime was unfamiliarity with Donovan's discography. Occasionally he would send me groveling PMs after his tirades and then act like we were friends.

He's a complete lunatic, basically. I'll miss the entertainment he unintentionally provided.

---
Tell me more!

He was largely the reason I decided to enter into anonymity. I guess we were always "friendly", but when he started a lot of board drama, he would try and drag me into it. The polarity thing started to weird me out. When he would threaten other posters, it started to verge into creepiness beyond the reaches of say the TAFKA / Hippie drama. I didn't like the idea of people like that knowing my first name and what city I live in.

The guy was an offensive bully and hounded certain innocuous and nice posters with base and offensive personal insults...... publicly and pm.
He was the main reason I left the boards after ten years for a while....so revolted I was with his crap against folk I liked.
I was revolted when he resurfaced as Mr mucky.
OK for a while.... But soon reverted to type.
Drink problems or whatever.....can't forget that $h¡t.

He wanted to donate your eyes to a young boy in Chile and your spleen to a guy in Nova Scotia in the thread "Is Madonna a rapist."

SirTen is an "interesting" cat, for sure. It's posters like him with their odd quirky behavior i'll probably remember the most as time goes on. KatiesGhost is another one. I always wonder what people who seem a bit kooky like that online would be like if you met them in real life.

What are words for when no one listens anymore

I always wonder what he would've done had he discovered Twitter.

I'm also a firm believer that people who are insane online seem relatively innocuous in real life. Though Sir Ten took this board so seriously that I'm curious if he had much going on in his real life at all.

---
Tell me more!

I suspect that the poor fellow, Sir_Ten, had some struggles with the bottle which contributed to his personality issues. Lucia_Harper`s public scene over the break-up of their cyber-romance was very unpleasant, especially since she was a favorite of mine before the big brouhaha. I hope for a happy long life for both of them.

I was blissfully unaware of most of that, but I did hear rumblings.

Real classy reading, if you managed to catch any of it before it was deleted

Silent like a foreign movie

Lucia_Harper

I was blissfully unaware of most of that, but I did hear rumblings

Same here. Gloria was one of my favorite users back in the day.

I saw some of that when I'd lurk around the stomping grounds and I couldn't believe how undone Gloria had become. She was always such a lucid and classy broad.

I hope they're both getting help.

"Wheezy Joe!!!"

We met, and we both drank quite a bit (I think he had more than I did, but that's hard to recall). He took off, I had to hang out in the parking lot for 45 minutes before feeling safe enough to drive.

Donald Trump is the weak man's vision of a strong man.

why am i on here, i am literally not important lmao
but awwww
i loved spending my sheltered teen years here. it really made me better than everyone else around me, musically.

i miss el-p and driftin so much, it's stupid.

i miss dharmabum, too. we speak sometimes, but i still miss him, too.

unlisted, but influenced musical tastes:
tafka
rayge
jkescander
luciaharper
turk
brad
dcb-6
doc blade
algroth
humanfrality
MEADE SKELTON

Meade's "It's Hard to Love Yourself When Everybody Hates You" was my jam.

edited my post to add you, my baybeh

also i really need his music in my life. i'm going to try to search him on the youtubes.

Aww, thank you. I'm not sure I was very influential here though.

Found this with a message that really hits home rn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZ3cPdRKVU

i feel like we've exchanged recs before tho.

and that video/song is so beautiful. :')

Ahhh what I enjoyed most is Meade posting on this board and people shredding him to bits. *beep* hilarious. I'm genuinely going to miss that.

Meade

Good god, Meade!!!
Nicole Kidman, Patsy Cline, and his music "career" that went nowhere... Good times.

Someone threw together a little game where you punched an animated Meade in the head. I loved the fnck out of that thing. Nearly pissed myself laughing so hard.

Re: Meade

Your barbs were always the sharpest. That stuff actually made me laugh out loud. I also remember my friend (I don't even remember her name) from the Sandbox who actually made a IMDb credit for him since he wouldn't shut up about it - she cast him as "Mama's Big Boy" in Momma's in Bondage!

Framus is Famous! Bitchen!

It was E_dward and pcqgod whom I followed here from the MST3K Board. I still love those guys. repete-86 I remember fondly. Turk was a good guy but he lost it in the Turkish Marines and was never the same.

Who remembers…

aicfnm56
Artie_Choke
geographicaloddity
dfle3 (he hated my guts)
Bobby_Hope (he didn`t like me either)
Whimsy-Core
Grapeshooter
Canada_Rehab_King
tekpop
LiveUglyKillPretty
madcbara
The-Moviescope
Nitrous_McBread
RevengeofToonces
shootersalad
Old55

Remember almost all those names (Except "Whimsy-Core")

Too bad dfle3 didn't jump back on for one more debate about how many versions of Raw Power exist... (Pretty sure this board made his head explode with that thread...)