Music General : Another goodbye thread

Another goodbye thread

I just thought I'd join in with the general group-hugging, back-slapping, reminiscing and grudge-bearing that's going on around this place. Y'know, I've hung around this place for 14 years, I guess I've got to say something before they nail the doors shut and hang a "Beware of teh Dogz" sign to keep out us non-monetized proles. But I've never been overly verbose, so I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who has turned me onto new music, turned me on, or just helped make the working day that little bit more bearable over the years. My own personal list of names to remember cover the good the bad and the ugly, and undoubtedly misses out at least 3 people who were quite close to my heart.

So, sorry for the omissions, but cheers to:

Edward
Ahn_Dromeda
driftin
el-p
Rayge
Schizo
Nogbad
pcq
Infofreak
Noz
Brad
Dayodead
Framus
Dirtrum
Doc_Laconic
Doc_rock
Doc_Blade
Human Frailty
Nitrous McBread
Quincy
Turk
Slapp
algroth
Meg
Dr Krippen
Joel
Roman
Nikolai
Shapethrower
Steph
Javajuly
JohnnyGuitar
fontinau
Yertle
spfx (right way round? I can never remember the order of consonants)
Brandt
Supernaut123
Morty
Bubblegum
Superunknovvn
Hippiedrill
NxNWRocks
Flynns
Ass_E9
Kronz
teenageriot
Thor-Delta
NJtoTX
Henry_fizzle_whatsit
loz
et al

If I missed you out, you either were very dear to me, not noticed, or a bit of a cock. Sorry.

Anyone wants to keep in touch, or just get in touch in the first place, see me at:
http://www.bcb-board.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php
https://www.facebook.com/DarknessFish
https://twitter.com/DarknessFish

Thank you all, beautiful people.

Re: Another goodbye thread

When I first saw that message telling us the boards were closing it didn't bother me too much, but after the news sank in, and after seeing some old connections re-made on the various threads regarding the closure I feel that I will never use the internet in quite the same manner. Like a lot of people, I took this site for granted. There are some tremendous folks who have helped make the IMDb a unique experience, and I only wish I had gotten to know them better - not as users of this site, but as people.

I'll miss this place too. Met lots of interesting and knowledgeable people here, a few of who I became friends with in real life. I discovered a lot of great music here and even had fun with all the arguing and feuding that used to go on. It's more like a community than a message board.

What are words for when no one listens anymore

bit of a cock sounds about right.

Well, you know, I have to draw a line somewhere...

Ok, you can be part of the cool kids too. Sorry about that.

Rusty chains and armoured pillows stuffed with silver pins

bit of a cock sounds about right.

Sounds right for me, too. Mind you, I only started posting on this board regularly for only a few months now.

Ok, you can be part of the cool kids too.

Me too? If so, that's cool. Gives me a sense that I belong....somewhere.

Joker's Wilde

-
Please follow me on twitter - @homerhawk73

I'm used to being 2nd tier.

Donald Trump is the weak man's vision of a strong man.

Don't get all tiery on me now.

I'll keep in touch with you on the rateyourmusic boards.

Oh. Wait a minute.

Thanks darkness for all of the goth/industrial, strange folk/ambient stuff you've turned me on to. Good stuff.

Gonna miss it, have no idea where to find discussions like that anywhere else.

--
Nada - Senza Un Perché
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z498JqZD_k

Will you just look at that....another "din du nuffin" free post from the good Doctor!

Does anybody remember depeche_girl who posted her list of names on Ignore (which included many of us regulars) and talked about suicide a lot? That was back around 2006 if I remember correctly. Then there was goth_girl and another girl who was dyslexic and was a fan of Good Chralote.

🇺🇸 Liberty • E Pluribus Unum • In God We Trust 🇺🇸

I remember the Goffic girl and the Good Chralotte stuff well.........it was priceless.
If memory serves......wasn't he/she a brilliant sock from someone?

GOOD SKY YOU'VE GOT HERE McCINTYRE........WELL DONE!!!

You're one of the greats, DarknessFish. Much respect and appreciation, and I'll admit much of your musically advanced taste is well over my simple head.

Normal Is A Myth.

Cheers, Darkness, hope to see you on one of the alternate boards.

Silent like a foreign movie

Cockness_Fish

Would be very sad if I didn't already know I'd be seeing you around on other boards. After all, you're the most goffik fish I know.

I concur with your list of names there. I'm sure I'll be seeing many of them around, but there's still more than an ounce of sadness about. Even though I now hate it, this was a very special place where I met some of the coolest people ever and learned a plethora of information. I'm really gonna miss it.

🔵
http://www.haneke.net/

*sniff*

Is there a Crying-Like-A-Damn-Baby emoji/emoticon anywhere??

So you're not moving on to the replica forums?

http://imdb2.freeforums.net/

I created an account, but I doubt I'll use it. I've been on BCB for a while, and I guess so long as enough of the good guys head over there, that's where I'll remain.

<3 to all

In a strange way this was quite touching. Everyone on Fish's list left an impression on me in one way or another and I wouldn't change that for anything. I hope to see you all again elsewhere (or at least most of you who feel the same way about me).

Along with everyone mentioned on Fish's list I'd also like to give a shout out to:

Madgett - who I met several times in real life and even though life happened which caused us to stop, I hope you and your family are happy and well.

Evil_Ae - my fellow lover of all things atmospheric, from films, to video games, and of course electronic music. I miss playing Frozen Synapse with you and I hope eventually we can catch up again on Steam or something.

somepleb - an ultra-sarcastic, mean-spirited, but funny guy that left an impression on me when I was in my early 20s and who shone a light on all the punky, anti-establishment, and general counterculture stuff.

Apologies if there are others.

Don't know how I missed Madgett off my list, he's one of only two imdb-ers I've met in real life. Good bloke, but obviously too well-rounded and successful to spend time on music boards with the likes of us anymore. Evil Ae was cool as well, one of those who posted quite a bit for some time, then disappeared.

aw you're still here

Hey man, thanks for remembering me after all these years!

Eh I don't know what 'phallocentric' means, but NO GIRLS!

Happy trails to you, Fish. Between Homotopy to Marie, Albert Ayler, and Tindersticks, I seem to recall a surprising amount of common ground.

Wigan, right? Sorry you guys have been having a tough season so far. Here's to turning it around and avoiding the drop. My Gooners have been embarrassing of late so I feel your frustration.

See you on the other side, sir.

"Wheezy Joe!!!"

Heads up, I'm sending you a friend request in case you're wondering about the random person trying to add you.

I didn't want to make a big thing about about a farewell 'cause I'm still in contact with a bunch of you guys on other sites, and in real life I'm a fairly non-social, private person, but I guess before this place closes down I should say that I made some real friends, and even entered into a real relationship through this site and MG in particular. I remember infofreak and Wayne/dcb-6 being among the first to respond to a thread I started; they remained among my closest board buddies throughout my tenure here. I saw infofreak as the brains of this board and Wayne as the soul. I'll miss Wayne's quick, good-natured wit and deep knowledge of music that I would have probably overlooked on my own. It was a pleasure, sir. I remember Ed and infofreak sending me nice condolence messages after I posted about my father passing away. I don't want to get into listing posters whose board contributions, friendship and support I appreciated, because there were so many and I know I would forget more than a few. Ya'll know who you are. If I don't see you elsewhere, stay cool, be fresh, wave your freak flags high and keep on keepin' on.

Meow Meow Beenz count:🐈🐈1/2

I was going to "like" this but I forgot where we were!

You could've at least mentioned me by name!

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, OSU BUCKS!!!!!

I think that everyone knows I was referring to the exquisite Miss Javajuly.

💏

this isn't going to be real for me until the 19th. what a good, solid list of individuals who contributed to the ultimate MG friendship.

One of our more recent weirdos, Bralalalala. I hope he checks in before we all check out…

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur24388418/

🇺🇸 Liberty • E Pluribus Unum • In God We Trust 🇺🇸

Aw, thanks for the Shout-Out! I always appreciated your friendship and hospitality even though we didn't intersect with our musical tastes too often. That's one of the great things about this board, I always felt accepted and everybody brought something different musically. (One of my missions was to have people love or appreciate Adrian Belew as much as I do...) I will fondly remember Alice Donut in association with your name, my friend.