The Brady Bunch : Mr Hanolai

Mr Hanolai

Whoever played Mr Hanolai did a great job. He was certainly a character. He almost resembled Bad Luck Hula hula from the Plastic Man series, not sure if anyone remembers that one.

Re: Mr Hanolai

"I did nothing wrong! I did nothing wrong!" He was bugging out when he kept repeating that over and over again.

Hanalei did something wrong since he was a little long in the tooth to be on the wrong end of a shovel at a construction site. He must have spent his half his savings on broads and tropical drinks and blew the rest of it. He should have been Don Hoes cabana boy.

He was no doubt trying to make sure he didn't get the blame for boys' disappearance.

God created the domestic cat so that humans could know what it's like to caress the tiger

"Idol very baa-aaad, evil come to those who touch"

They should have had a sub plot where Mr. Hanolai gets a glimpse of Alice and falls for her, chasing her about the island. At the end, he comes to the luau cleaned up and sober, and she thinks he's quite dishy after all!

The Bradys could've at least invited Hanolai to the luau, instead of that creepy curator guy (Vincent Price).

His grandfather tell him never go to luau so he never go.

I call woo woo on you,

Are luaus really like what they showed on the Brady Bunch?

Are luaus really like what they showed on the Brady Bunch?

Sort of. But nowadays, it's pretty commercialized since it's one of the standard "When in Hawaii, you have to experience a luau."

The one I went to (2012) was at the Polynesian Cultural Center, north of Honolulu. It was in a very large indoor/outdoor hall with long tables, and crowded (no casual sitting in the sand on the beach wearing leis like the Bradys did). In its place, we all got a strand of black beads which everyone wore. However, they did have the traditional whole pig cooked in a dug-out pit, with a show (including the Samoan dance with fire, like the Bradys saw). It was served buffet style with all traditional Hawaiian dishes.

Two men lifted the pig out of the pit and brought it up on the stage. If I recall correctly, it was wrapped in palm leaves. They uncovered it in front of the crowd.

Check out "The Tiki Twerk," BMeister's hilarious re-editing of the Bradys in Hawaii:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZO6ibBRubA&t=73s

Check out "The Tiki Twerk," BMeister's hilarious re-editing of the Bradys in Hawaii:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZO6ibBRubA&t=73s

Uh huh. That's a real funny rendition of simulated sodomy. Real funny wise guy. So "lets all laugh at the gay actor" huh? smh

That's right. When I was your age, television was called books.