The Brady Bunch : The Bradley Brood

The Bradley Brood

Apparently that was the name of the show when it was in the planning stage? I also read someplace that Maureen didn't like her stomach and didn't want to be shown in a bikini in the Hawaii episodes and was jealous of Eve's curvier body.

Re: The Bradley Brood

I think they had a couple of potential working titles. I am not certain, but I think one possible title was "Yours and Mine" then a movie with Lucille Ball came out with a similar premise called "Yours, Mine, Ours" so that got nixed.

I don't know about the bikini but I do know Barry Williams said she was very self conscience about a small mole on her forehead. In the early seasons, it's there but I by Season 3, she had it removed.

God created the domestic cat so that humans could know what it's like to caress the tiger

Yours and Mine was the working title.

The Bradley Brood was considered as a title after the issue of confusion with Yours, Mine, and Ours came up. However, it was nixed because 1) "Brood" sounded like a horror movie title and 2) CBS already was airing a show about a family named Bradley (Petticoat Junction).

The network censors originally panned the title 'Brady Bunch' because 'Bunch' at the time was a reference to a gang or mob association.