The Brady Bunch : be the year 2000

be the year 2000

I like how Cindy is putting the year up on the chalk board in the Kitchen. Than saying to Alice, by the time I get the attic it will be the year 2000!

When actually it will be the year (school year that is) 78/79. Cause that was the year she graduated.

Re: be the year 2000

Maybe she was exaggerating hahaha

Year 2000 sounds funnier. They were willing to let her exaggerate for a joke.

2000 seemed so far off then!!

Yes! And I could see, in a child's mind, the year 1979 may as well be the year 2000! I could see it sounding like the same thing to a young child...Its like if I imagine the year 2079, that sounds so far in the future that it really sounds no different than saying the year 2100!

Cindy would get the room when Peter goes to college or the military.

What about Bobby?

Yeah Bobby would be before Cindy, Bobby would get it after Jan. But really, by that time, would there be any point? By that time, Bobby and Cindy would already have their own private bedrooms.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Yes, but the attic has its own sink.

Bobby would have the room to himself when Peter moves to the attic. Aren't Peter and Jan the same age?

Peter is about a year or two older than Jan. The age order alternates with boy, girl,boy, girl.

Yes that's what I meant, by that time Bobby and Cindy would already have their own private bedroom, and basically their own bathroom, they wouldn't have to share it with anyone except for each other.

UNLESS it's just the novelty of having the attic room.

It was an exaggeration. Like when Mike told Carol that the 2020 models would be out before Greg could afford a new car.

Um. He was a doctor when Marcia and Jan got married.