The Brady Bunch : The Joe Namath episode

The Joe Namath episode

I hate this episode. Bobby and Cindy lie and still get what they want. Albeit, Bobby tries to come clean to his friends, Broadway Joe still shows up and tosses the ball with Bobby and his buds, so what kind of lesson is that to teach children?

Re: The Joe Namath episode

This is the one episode I refuse to watch to this day exactly for the reason you cited. They should have had Bobby and Cindy go through all the hoops and been embarrassed when they saw him on TV visiting a hospital with kids who were really, gravely ill.

Namath could have given Bobby a shout out by reading his letter on tv, which would have gotten back to the parents and everyone at school on what he had done. Mike and Carol, of course, would have let Bobby come to the conclusion that doing some charity work for the sick kids would have been the right way atone for his sins.

I liked it but it was a very stupid episode.

adults now do that. but they don't want Joe Nameth coming by to throw a ball around, they want free shi7.

Oh God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more.

Is it any different then Marcia getting DaveyJones?

Did the other kids write to Davey saying Marcia was dying?

no?

yes, it is different. MAJORLY DIFFERENT.

Oh God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

The Joe Namath episode was ripped off almost verbatim in the Diff'rent Strokes episode Arnold's Hero.

As well as the Hair Brained Scheme episode

An ex-girlfriend really did know Joe Namath. She wasn't telling a story like Bobby Brady. Her father owned a small business in Hempstead, NY when the New York Jets were based there. Her father's business had a connection with the Jets so she would see "Broadway Joe" and some of his teammates once or twice a year at a barbecue and/or a party. She absolutely loved Joe even 30 years later. She said he really was charming and charismatic. Joe really hit the bottle after his divorce and about ten years ago went to an alcoholism treatment program. He now resides in Florida, but frequently visits the New York area. I have heard from people who have met him recently that he is still sharp as a tack in his early seventies.

That episode is like Shakespeare compared to stinkers like "Snow White and the Seven Bradys".