The Brady Bunch : did anybody like the brady bunch variety hour

did anybody like the brady bunch variety hour

I did.

Re: did anybody like the brady bunch variety hour

I didn't - for two reasons:

1) No Eve Plumb. It just wasn't the same without the entire group together.

2) Peter always fell in the pool. Greg was such an annoying character and the fact that Peter was made Coyote to Greg's Road Runner was hard to take each week.

When I watched it I didn't notice that it was a different actress playing jan.

I'm with Maureen McCormick.(I wish LITERALLY,TOO! LOL!) Eve Plumb SUCKS!

All comments=my own opinion not reflecting my voluptous pinup profile girl, Courtney Thorne-Smith

Jan was my favorite Brady. But I still liked Geri Reischl on the variety show.

I really couldn't tell you. I barely remember it.

We didn't watch it in our house. To be honest, I don't remember watching any variety shows in the 1970's regularly, unless a big star was on that my parents liked.

There were so many during that era.

I remember watching The Bradys one but not too much about it. It's the same for me with Donny and Marie, Carol Burnett and friends, Sonny and Cher, Lawrence Welk, etc.

Donny and Marie

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Donny and Marie variety show is what prompted the premise of The Brady Bunch Variety Hour.

I believe Florence Henderson and some of the Brady kids were guests on D and M show and someone got the bright idea to do a variety show with the Bradys.

Yes they did.

I didn't count Carol Burnett as a variety show because she and her cast of characters did all of the sketches. They didn't have a lineup of guest stars each week like other comedians, musical acts, dancing troupes, etc...

The ones I remember most, other than the Brady Bunch Variety Hour were Shields and Yarnell, Captain and Tenille, and Donny and Marie.

I was uncertain of whether or not to include it. I chose to though because it was a sketch show. They did many thing within them and had guest stars. I don't remember much about it during it's run. I've since seen a bit of it. I liked Alan Alda's appearance. I preferred the Mama's Family series to the Carol Burnett show and liked when they did that one.

The best part about the Carol Burnett Show was when they cracked each other up. Their sketches were hilarious. Watch their send-up of 'Gone with the Wind'. Pure Genius. That's the one that sticks in my mind after all these years.

I know many who also enjoyed that. It's been said that Tim Conway would purposely try to crack up Harvey Korman. I preferred them not laughing. I did see the Gone with the Wind one and it's very funny.

I'm with you there. The laughing seemed unprofessional. It would have been funny if it was just once in a blue moon but it almost seemed forced. Like Harvey was faking it sometimes just because they knew people loved it.

It was just cool to see what the Brady Bunch was like 3 years after the series was cancelled: living at a beach house, Greg out on his own, Marsha dating weird characters. Plus Cindy got older looking and much prettier.

Susan Olsen wrote a coffee table book about it. Have you read it?

Didn't think it was as bad as some do. It was kind of strange how they did the show "in character" though. There probably just wasn't enough real musical talent within the cast. Florence Henderson was a professional singer/dancer so she was great and Barry Williams had some musical talent, as did the "fake Jan," Geri Rieschal. After that, it was pretty thin. They said Bob Reed REALLY worked hard and desperately wanted to be a good singer/dancer but just didn't have the natural talent. Chris Knight couldn't sing at all so they actually turned his mic off during the musical numbers.

It was what it was. To me, it's more of a curiosity but I didn't find it "unwatchable" either.

God created the domestic cat so that humans could know what it's like to caress the tiger

Their characters was then what people wanted to see. The Brady Bunch became more popular in syndication than its original run. The public enjoyed seeing them as a family.

I liked the look of Marsha's bumb around the 4:22 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdudbEfF43I
Also watch Bob Read do the disco dance was very funny, hana.

I liked the look of Marsha's bumb around the 4:22 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdudbEfF43I
COR!!!

Also watch Bob Read do the disco dance was very funny, hana.
LOL

One reason it was probably the most abysmal Brady abomination of all time: actually having to watch Greg sing the line, "And makin' love was just for fun...those days are gone."