The Brady Bunch : The Brady Bunch vs The Waltons Family Feud

The Brady Bunch vs The Waltons Family Feud

The Waltons would wipe the floor with the Bradys. The Bradys were soft. I am a city boy from Passaic, NJ. My paternal grandparents were Eastern European farmers. Most country people are tough as nails. And their families tend to be closer. I once asked Grandma if there were gangs when she was a kid. She said she had so many brothers and sisters they were considered a gang. As a group I think the Waltons were much more fit. The Bradys talked about household chores and were seldom seen doing them. The Waltons had real chores on a farm.

Mike Brady gave Vincent Price a lecture when he tied up the three Brady Boys. John Walton would have dropped Price like a bad habit. Mike was a quiche eater. John served his country in the first World War. Mike was probably old enough to have served in the Korean Conflict. That was never mentioned. But it isn't surprising considering the entire five year run of "The Brady Bunch" was during the Vietnamese Conflict and that was never mentioned.

Greg probably would beat up John Boy. But I think John Boy would put up a decent fight. Just because John Boy was an intellectual does not mean he was a total wimp. He didn't hesitate to mix it up with Cousin Job. Bobby would be no match for Jim Bob. Bobby was a dreamer, not a fighter. There are four Walton boys and only three Brady boys. Which Walton boy would sit out? Would Peter Brady fight Ben or Jason Walton? Peter once knocked down Buddy Hinton with a lucky punch. I wasn't impressed. Ben or Jason probably would kick his butt.

Mary Ellen would destroy Marcia. I can't even imagine Marcia in a fight. She might break a nail. Erin versus Jan would be more competitive. Jan had a lot of pent up rage. I got in a few fights as a kid. I never wanted to fight anyone crazy like Jan. Those people have high pain thresholds. Even if their hand is broken they keep swinging. Mary Ellen had a mean streak. One time she was helping Erin wash her hair and it looked like Mary Ellen was slapping her around. I hope Mary Ellen was more gentle with her nursing patients. Elizabeth Walton would pummel prissy little Cindy.

Carol Brady was soft. She didn't work and had a full-time housekeeper. She would be no match for a strong woman like Olivia. Carol would probably want to get Alice to fight Olivia for her. Alice looked solid despite her bad back. She would have done anything to help a Brady and that included fighting.

Grandma Walton was a spunky old lady. But I think Great-Grandma Hutchins would kick her butt. Hutchins was so full of vim and vigor. I think she was from Appalachia. I forget which state. I think Hutchins was based on Florence Henderson's grandmother. Henderson was the youngest of ten children of a tobacco sharecropper in Indiana. Grandpa Walton would go through Great-Grandfather Brady like a hot knife through butter. Brady had two speeds, stop and reverse.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: The Brady Bunch vs The Waltons Family Feud

The casts of The Brady Bunch and The Waltons did appear on Family Feud, but not against each other. The Bradys took on Petticoat Junction and The Waltons opposed Dukes of Hazzard. Please click on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvyQIIzUjNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xknuE4u3S8

The Bradys versus Family Affair's Davis clan (yeah!)!

Amanda Bynes is hot and Lindsay Lohan is not.
Profile pic: Courtney Thorne-Smith.

I loved both families. I think they would have gotten along, great.

John-Boy, Jason, and Greg hang out. John-Boy and Greg bond over being the oldest, and Greg and Jason tune their guitars and talk about their love of music.

Carol and Olivia swap recipes and discuss raising large families, over coffee.

Erin and Jan bond over being the middle child and complaining about their older sisters.

Peter and Ben don't seem to have much in common, but both like girls. They go to try to pick up girls.

Bobby and Jim-Bob bond over cars, while working on Jim-Bob's car.

Marcia and Mary-Ellen bond over being the oldest girls and how they torchure Jan and Erin.

Elizabeth and Cindy play well together. They have a tea party with their dolls.

Alice and Grandma bond over being seniors.

John, Grandpa, and Mike discuss raising large families, also while working in the mill.

Post deleted

Neither family likes violence, so therefore they wouldn't.

Post deleted

That is a great post. Someone should start a "Brady Bunch and Waltons Family Picnic" thread.

Greg and Jason tune their guitars and talk about their love of music.

I never would have guessed that both Greg Brady and and Jason Walton have musical careers. I think Jon Walmsley is best known for playing guitar with Richard Marx. And Barry Williams is currently performing his 70s Music Celebration variety show at the Americana Theatre in Branson, Missouri.

The Waltons would wipe the floor with the Bradys. The Bradys were soft.

Probably so, although the Bradys' strength was more in espionage. Hidden tape recorders, disinformation in phony playbooks, snooping into diaries, nighttime stakeouts, and even connections with the press to put out fake stories.

Plus, they had potential allies nearby in Beverly Hills: The Clampetts - who were always up for a good down home country feud. Considering that the Bradys are outmatched and a bit of an underdog, then the Clampetts might sympathize with them and join them to fight side-by-side. Both Jethro and Uncle Jed were expert marksmen. Elly May was tough, and Granny was quite formidable.

That's funny stuff. I never realized how diabolical the Bradys were.

The Clampetts may have been practically neighbors with the Bradys. Beverly Hills is only about nine miles from Santa Monica. (The Bradys residing in Santa Monica is only my opinion, not a fact.) But I think the Clampetts might be more likely to side with fellow country folk like the Waltons.

Post deleted

Cousin Oliver was the jinx of The Brady Bunch. The Waltons had TWO jinxes, Serena and Jeffrey. Serena would pick Oliver's pockets then Jeffrey would burn whatever wasn't worth keeping.